Anglican 0.2 20.0% [ 5 ]
Baptist 0.12 12.0% [ 3 ]
Orthodox 0.12 12.0% [ 3 ]
Methodist 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Prentecostal 0.04 4.0% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]
< 1 2

catspook
I'm not Christian, but if I had to attend a Christian church, I would go for a Unitarian Universalist one.

The UUC is interfaith, not specifically "Christian"

Festive Dabbler

29,590 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Crystal8Phoenix
catspook
I'm not Christian, but if I had to attend a Christian church, I would go for a Unitarian Universalist one.

The UUC is interfaith, not specifically "Christian"

You are correct; I phrased that incorrectly. The church has Christian roots, Christian members, and many congregations are strongly influenced by Christian traditions (the one I've been to here, for example), but does not consider Christianity to be the "one true faith" or require that members be Christian (which is why I would be more comfortable there). It would have been more correct for me to say: "If I had to attend a church with Christians, I would go for Unitarian Universalists."

Friendly Gaian

6,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
There is no denomination I prefer, but I do feel more comfortable in a traditional church setting then a more modern one. My main reason for that really is the type of music they play. Not that I have a problem with the more modern music, it just doesn't move me like the classic hymns.

I guess you could say though that I am not a fan of churches that have dress codes or don't believe in expressing joy through dance. I understand why there are churches like that, I'm just not a fan. And my opinion on dress codes is "come as you are." Jesus was borne naked upon the cross for all the world to see, do you really think He cares if you wear pants or a skirt?

I also would appreciate a church that studied all aspects of the Bible, and didn't skip over the gritty stuff because it is scary or sad. The early Jews and first followers of Christ went through a lot of crazy and horrible stuff, and I think it's important to at least know about it.
Orthodox because, superficially, good aesthetic no shitty rock music and the sermon is at the end so if it sucks you can leave and not miss anything lol

Also, it values celebration and indulgence at appropriate times instead of just being generally uptight e.g. I came home drunk from the Easter service because the priest kept giving me shots.

Also I like the theology.

Phantom

13,275 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bookworm 100
I prefer Catholics. When I was searching for my faith, I went to Protestant churches but the service was very dry compared to the Catholic mass. I have now gone in a different direction but I still have respect for Catholicism and I would love to meet Pope Francis. He is truly living up to the name he chose. Out of all the popes the Catholic Church have had, he is the only one to have chosen Francis as his name.

Invisible Senshi

Wow. The replies here suck.
I would prefer Non-Denominational.
none of these represent me.

i am a mennonite.

we call ourselves "the third way" because we are like Catholics in valuing good works as highly as we value faith, and like Protestants in choosing to relate directly to Jesus without a priestly mediator.

we like hard honest work, telling the truth, peacemaking, being helpful, and simple living.

we are like Amish with cars and computers.

Golden Phantom

11,775 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Non-denominational. I tend to steer towards middle of the line ones though, none of those "charismatic" or "spirit filled" ones though. Those guys are nut jobs in this town.
Quote:
What particular group of Christians would you favor / prefer?

Catholics. But I would say that it's not a preference. It's a matter of facts. Catholicism is the only True Christian Church. All others are cheap knock offs.

Quote:
Why? Describe, compare or contrast the differences from each denomination.

I can list all the other denominations here. It wont make a difference. All are stems from the original Church which was, is and always will be Catholic.

Quote:

Do you believer the formation of sects have made Christianity better?

No, it has caused many people to fall into error and thus endangers their souls to eternal damnation.

Quote:

Because of division among Christianity, do you believe it was able to flourish more?

No and, in fact, it has stunted Christianity all around the world.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff