Baptist 0.12 12.0% [ 3 ]
Orthodox 0.12 12.0% [ 3 ]
Methodist 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Prentecostal 0.04 4.0% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]
1 2 >

Blessed Receiver

There are many types of Christians.

What particular group of Christians would you favor / prefer?
Why? Describe, compare or contrast the differences from each denomination.

Do you believer the formation of sects have made Christianity better?
Because of division among Christianity, do you believe it was able to flourish more?

Catholic
Orthodox
Lutheran
Anglican
Baptist
Methodist
Pentecostal
or any other I am missing

(please do list them, and let me know what other types of Christians are out there)
I'm a strong Lutheran atheist.

Festive Dabbler

29,590 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm not Christian, but if I had to attend a Christian church, I would go for a Unitarian Universalist one.

Greedy Consumer

The non-contradictory ethical one lol.

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
Hierarchy of Angels
I prefer a sect that is honest about what's in scripture and willing to question and learn from it rather than trying to formulate rigid regulations that are based on imagination. I'm personally part of a Nag Hammadi/Gnostic Christian Church that I love participating and being a part of. The Episcopals are a close second and I love their liturgy.

Quote:
Because of division among Christianity, do you believe it was able to flourish more?
Yes and no. The thing is that division has been a part of Christian history since it's inception. James and Paul are classic examples of this division that gets swept under the rug. They didn't compromise until someone made up a history of them reconciling, 100+ years after their deaths, when it became convenient for the two movements to unite under one banner. I say yes it's a good thing because it reflects the culture that the sects are apart of and it shows basically the divine expressing itself in the flesh. I say no because in some churches, the culture it came from becomes "Christianity" and what's core gets lost in favor of preserving tradition.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I'm non-denominational

Conservative Genius

8,925 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
No-Mi-Jutsu-Yu
The non-contradictory ethical one lol.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200

gummie_sourball's Husband

Witty Fairy

Hierarchy of Angels

Catholic
Orthodox
Lutheran
Anglican
Baptist
Methodist
Pentecostal

(please do list them, and let me know what other types of Christians are out there)

I am an asatru, so none really, happy zombie jesus day though.

Shameless Mystic

Hierarchy of Angels

Catholic
Orthodox
Lutheran
Anglican
Baptist
Methodist
Pentecostal

I was raised Baptist, but to be honest, I'm not really sure just how much I fall in line with Baptist beliefs at all these days. I used to poke fun at the Unitarians (and STILL do), but if there's anything I can compliment them on, it's the spirit of their efforts. Catholicism I despise as an institution, and have very little positive input for them. Lutherans and Anglicans follow about the same line of why I dislike the Baptists sprinkled with why I dislike the Catholics. Orthodox and Methodist I know next to nothing about, so I have no comment.

Pentecostals are... weird. I think their theology is off, their doctrines are crap, and their congregations are the origin of the fainting grandmother syndrome. That said, if there is anything I respect, it is that they are very mystical, though misguided. I know that that is the major reason people admonish them, but I truly think that they at least grasp at something they can't fully comprehend.

In general, I would no longer refer to myself as religious because I have learned to steer clear of religious institution. I credit my church for my preliminary introduction to the faith, but also think that what I have been taught as a child has hindered my ability to see things objectively. I will probably always identify as a Christian, but explaining just what I mean by that is a longer conversation than I'm willing to have tonight.
Hierarchy of Angels

I tend to get along with the Mennonites the best.
If I was being forced to pick one branch of Christianity to go with (I'm an atheist), I'd probably pick the Anglicans. I was raised in a combination of Baptist and Presbyterian churches and have some involvement (long story) with Catholic and Anglican churches, and out of those options, Anglican churches always made me want to stab my own eyes out the least.
The only I hold any positive feeling for is the Westboro Baptist Church.
Lucky~9~Lives
Quakers

I'm glad someone beat me to the punch.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out