Welcome to Gaia! ::

Show Your Emotions or Protect Yourself by Hiding Them.

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 31, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3

Well, I kinda combine the 2. I don't tell hardly anyone what's going on in my life (ok, I don't tell anyone except for my diary... Occationally I tell my brother and/or his girlfriend.) But I have been known to lie and tell people that something happened, thus getting them off the scent of what's actually happening. I've also just denied that anything was wrong.
Either way, most people know what they know against you, one way or another. That or they hurt yo and make you regret telling them. Better to play it safe unless you totally trust them.
I don't like ppl knowing the real me. I don't like them knowing what to expect from me.
I keep my emotions to myself for the most-part (with the exeption of 1 or 2 friends very close friends) I have learned that very few people actually care how I feel.
Heck, Hiding your emotions will cause you to die faster than releasing it. It's like trying to not go to the bathroom for a while- it will kill you if you don't release it! Ok Ok bad example. However, If you're angry, SHOW IT! Unless you're trying to consider others and thier feelings, that also counts, too. Sad? Show it but don't be so sad forever unless you really had something horrible happen to you or someone you love. All that stuff, just don't hide it in. It's one of the leading causes for heart attacks sad

Sarcastic Bibliophile

31,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I do it in a weird way I suppose. I hide my feeling until I'm a point in my day where I can release what I'm feeling into my blog. It helps because then the people around me can't make my wall crumble and I still get feeback on what I'm feeling. It makes me feel better and I can go on with my life.

But if it were between openly expressing your feelings or hiding them...personally I'm better with hiding them. I'm more secure that way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff