Welcome to Gaia! ::

Show Your Emotions or Protect Yourself by Hiding Them.

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 31, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 >

I don't like to display anger. It seems pointless, just affects those around me in a negative way. If I need to vent somehow, I go somewhere private and talk myself out of it and perhaps even hit a pillow if I need to.
I think happiness should be shown though. If it affects anyone, it's mostly in a positive way. Unless someone is feeling down and the happiness is irritating of course. I suppose compassion comes into it then.
As for the other main ones which I would think are fear and sadness, again, I don't bother showing them.

Of course, if it stems from say, a fight with someone, I think perhaps you should let them know you're upset/angry, but most of all why, and try to work it out with them if it's not just you that the problem is with.
Quote:
Protect everyone else by hiding them.
Good idea! That'll kill em earlier. 3nodding
It's better to hid your emotions. Emotions=Weakness
Quote:
It's better to hide your emotions. Emotions=Weakness

Not necessarily.
Being emotionless only makes you stronger in situations in which emotions prevent someone from doing what they were otherwise rightfully do, and sometimes, emotion can be a motivation for being stronger.

Showing emotions, however, is not always wise- certain people may use the knowledge of your emotional state against you, and it may change a person's reaction to you, causing them to not respect you as much, or something.
hold them in cause nobody cares
I personally try to adhere to the vulcan philosphy of all logical and no emotions, this I find will not allow another person to judge you as easily. I also use it in debate so the other team cannot tell how well we expect to do, this helps because if we show no emotion in the beginning they often underestimate us and give us an easy win.
I show emotions that are appropriate for certain situations, people and places.

But because not crying and so on tends to get you all twigged out, man, I sort of just go somewhere I won't be disturbed, find something to cry about and get it out of my system.

Worked so far =)

Dedicated Poster

7,775 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Can someone explain how this is a topic for Morality & Religion? Surely it'd be better off in Sociology & Psychology.

In any case, a healthy mix. I don't believe this is a black and white issue.

Beloved Senshi

8,875 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
To bottle your emotions up and let it pile up within is to endanger yourself and possilbly those around you. But if you show your emotions and let them fly free, you have a slim chance of hurting someone else.
Let me correct that for you.

"Show your emotions or live a false life filled with labels and stuff you don't really understand or care about by hiding them."
I`m human, humans are animals, animals are honest I show my emotions, but learning to controll or channel them is also a good idea.
I'd say I've learned to walk a very fine line between the two extremes, I try not to show my emotions overall, only to the people I really truly trust.

Its sounds creepy and paranoid not to show my feelings, but I've had too many situations where people I thought I knew used my feelings or things I had told them, against me.
badger~shaman
I`m human, humans are animals, animals are honest I show my emotions, but learning to controll or channel them is also a good idea.

I'm human,
all humans are animals,
all animals are honest...
therefore I'm honest.
Something is wrong with this logic.
Oh, yes, I remember:
Not all animals are honest. Humans, in particular, are often deceitful, because tact is a sign of intelligence.

But then again, deceit (which includes the hiding of emotions) is only useful in certain situations- so like all things, it's okay in moderation.
i dont want to get hurt again
To some extent, and to some people will I let my emotions run. It depends on the situation, and how comfortable I feel talking to the person/people. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff