• Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
AlastorFate
Project Light
AlastorFate
Project Light
AlastorFate

Discuss about the possibility of worshiping oneself as a form of religion.

Possible traits of a person who worship oneself
- exudes extreme high level of confidence (high self esteem)
- sees oneself as a powerful being or even to the level of divinity

You are essentially describing narcissism, which is a mental disorder.

If you want to worship yourself, I'd recommend solipsism. Maybe mixed with hedonism.

Beyond that is just silly, imo.

Anger and depression are natural human tendencies. But modern medical field still regards them as disorders.

No it doesn't. That is the most ignorant thing I have heard in a while.

Quote:
Self worshiping is merely an extreme case of self love. If the subjected person doesn't exhibit any destructive behaviors that arise from it, I would not be inclined to coin it as a disorder at all.

You aren't a psychologist or any branch therein, so it really doesn't matter what you would consider a disorder. It factually is one. Such behaviors would be exhibited when treatment becomes a necessity, but they are not a necessity in possessing the disorder
It isn't "normal" or healthy to be a narcissist -- to love yourself more than anyone else on the planet, to the level of superhuman status. There is no way you can put that in a good light, as if it weren't a disorder. It is just silly to do so.

Quote:
No it doesn't.

What do you mean?

Quote:
That is the most ignorant thing I have heard in a while.

What? My statement on medical field seeing negative human emotion as disorders is pretty factual. Are you challenging that?

Yes, I absolutely am. I find it hard to believe that you actually believe that. Either you don't know what a disorder is, or you don't know how the medical field views emotions.

Quote:
Quote:
You aren't a psychologist or any branch therein, so it really doesn't matter what you would consider a disorder. It factually is one. Such behaviors would be exhibited when treatment becomes a necessity, but they are not a necessity in possessing the disorder
It isn't "normal" or healthy to be a narcissist -- to love yourself more than anyone else on the planet, to the level of superhuman status. There is no way you can put that in a good light, as if it weren't a disorder. It is just silly to do so.

I am not here for a fight. You don't know my usual stance on things here, I don't take stand in any thing usually in M&R. I am neutral in everything here, including the topic here.

It wasn't very neutral for you to say that narcissism isn't a disorder. You made a stance, and I corrected it.

Quote:
I have the right not to see it as disorder.

Really, when you say something ridiculous and can only back it up with "I have the right to believe ridiculous things," it is probably best to not say them to begin with.

Quote:
That is an opinion of mine.

It's not an opinionated matter. I am all for the perspective that all things are normal, but that does not mean that all things are healthy; and if a person believes that they are superhuman, that is a disorder.
Project Light

People have the right to believe in things that you (YOU alone) think is ridiculous. It's the same as some people thinking it is ridiculous to believe in God. But people have the right to believe that God exist.

Pfffft You are looking for a fight.

You are actually acting like most of the people whom jumps up when people agree to something they don't see eye to eye to.

It is an opinion and you are trying to deny me the right just because you don't agree with it.

For your info. I never say it's healthy (or not healthy) to self worship or believing in personal divinity. Don't put words into my mouth!

I don't call it a disorder but neither do I say it is factually healthy. Read these few lines, and really know what I am talking about!

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
AlastorFate
Project Light

People have the right to believe in things that you (YOU alone) think is ridiculous. It's the same as some people thinking it is ridiculous to believe in God. But people have the right to believe that God exist.

You are actually acting like most of the people whom jumps up when people agree to something they don't see eye to eye to.

It is an opinion and you are trying to deny me the right just because you don't agree with it.

For your info. I never say it's healthy (or not healthy) to self worship or believing in personal divinity. Don't put words into my mouth!

I don't call it a disorder but neither do I say it is factually healthy. Read these few lines, and really know what I am talking about!

You have the right to believe the sun is blue. That's not at all relevant to the fact that it's not. Again, if your only justification for a statement is that you have the right to believe it, then you should probably abstain from making the statement. Anyone has the right to believe anything. Congratulations for realizing that. That doesn't mean that anything and everything should be said, because not anything and everything is intelligible, sensible, or reasonable; regardless of whether or not you have the right to believe such things.

Grandiosity is a disorder. It's not an opinionated matter, regardless of what you believe, any more than your ability to ignore it would make evolution false.

Believing yourself to be a god is a mental disorder. The only people who would - or could - self-worship in such a manner are people who have a mental disorder. Ergo, I recommended solipsism, a non-self-aggrandizing self-worship.

gummie_sourball's Husband

Witty Fairy

AlastorFate

I was told as a child, by my grandmother, that self worship would lead to hairy palms and blindness. Oma has since been proven wrong.
Project Light
AlastorFate
Project Light

You have the right to believe the sun is blue. That's not at all relevant to the fact that it's not. Again, if your only justification for a statement is that you have the right to believe it, then you should probably abstain from making the statement. Anyone has the right to believe anything. Congratulations for realizing that. That doesn't mean that anything and everything should be said, because not anything and everything is intelligible, sensible, or reasonable; regardless of whether or not you have the right to believe such things.

Grandiosity is a disorder. It's not an opinionated matter, regardless of what you believe, any more than your ability to ignore it would make evolution false.

Believing yourself to be a god is a mental disorder. The only people who would - or could - self-worship in such a manner are people who have a mental disorder. Ergo, I recommended solipsism, a non-self-aggrandizing self-worship.

Er... if you are still thinking I am taking any stand at all, you are greatly mistaken.

'Self worshiping is a disorder'

'Self worshiping is not a disorder'

I am not taking any stand in any of the above statements.

I am not for or against in anything. Read my signature.

Quote:
Anyone has the right to believe anything. Congratulations for realizing that. That doesn't mean that anything and everything should be said, because not anything and everything is intelligible, sensible, or reasonable; regardless of whether or not you have the right to believe such things.

Incorrect. They have the right to say it or post it too. People have the right to post nonsense. The severity of it depends on whether what they say infringes on the rules or the laws or not.

I am not sure if I have really posted any nonsense. I don't really think I have. Rereads and rereads. I have not taken any stand in anything. It seems like I have to you.

I merely said I don't agree to using the word 'disorder' and you went on with the assumption that I think self worshiping is good which is not true. I am not for or against self worshiping.

And let me say again. I would not say it is not a disorder as well. I wouldn't bother with both ideas. You are hitting on the wrong guy really.

By the way, read the following, it is close to my personal take on ALL human behaviours (as an opinion)
http://www.cchrint.org/2012/02/21/grief-is-not-an-illness/

It is an article against prematurely diagnosing so called negative emotions as disorders.

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
AlastorFate
Project Light
AlastorFate
Project Light

Er... if you are still thinking I am taking any stand at all, you are greatly mistaken.

'Self worshiping is a disorder'

'Self worshiping is not a disorder'

I am not taking any stand in any of the above statements.

Quote:
I merely said I don't agree to using the word 'disorder'

Oh, okay.
You don't agree with calling it a disorder, but you aren't taking the stand that it's not a disorder.
Glad that's settled.

Quote:
Incorrect. They have the right to say it or post it too. People have the right to post nonsense. The severity of it depends on whether what they say infringes on the rules or the laws or not.

What is your obsession with rights? This is precisely how people derail conversations when they can't back up their statements, so I'm just going to assume that's what you're doing.
should =/= can

Quote:
It is an article against prematurely diagnosing so called negative emotions as disorders.

I might take it seriously if anyone ever diagnosed negative emotions as disorders.
The religion of self-worship is Liberalism.

Anxious Bloodsucker

AlastorFate

Also known as:

LaVeyan Satanism.

Tipsy Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Invisibility 100
Yea, its LaVeyan Satanism, and I was looking into this path for a little while, although I don't agree with some of the stuff they say, I understand their and have added some of their beliefs into my own.

The way I see it is that in most creation of man stories, the god/ess puts some of themselves into making humans, so we're made at least partially of the stuffs of gods.

We can do what a god/ess does, but just on a much smaller scale, is what I'm trying to say. 3nodding

(For example, we can't create or destroy things, but we can manipulate our surroundings to create something completely different. smile )

Here's what is about, from Wikipedia:
Wikipedia on LaVeyan Satanism
LaVeyan Satanism, often referred to simply as Satanism among most adherents, was founded in 1966 by Anton LaVey. Its teachings are based on individualism, self-control and "eye for an eye" morality, drawing influences from the rituals and ceremonies of occultist Aleister Crowley and the philosophies of Friedrich Nietzsche and Ayn Rand.

Employing Crowley's terminology, its adherents define Satanism as a "Left-Hand Path" religion and philosophy, rejecting traditional "Right-Hand Path" religions such as Christianity and Wicca for their perceived denial of life, and, as in Christianity, emphasis on abstinence and unnecessary guilt. Unlike Theistic Satanism, LaVeyan Satanism does not involve the literal worship of any being other than the self, but rather uses "Satan" as a symbol of carnality and earthly values, of man's inherent nature, and of a cosmos which Satanists perceive to be permeated and motivated by a force that has been given many names by man over the course of time.

Full Page is Here

Amorous Visionary

17,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
it's called narcissism. there's also egotism which is pretty close.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff