Welcome to Gaia! ::

Please don't bump in ED. M&R is a slow, but steady forum... let the thread take it's natural course, oh, and read the stickies...
Ok, sorry about that. sweatdrop Didn't mean to make anyone angry! redface
See, I've struggled with that question for a while, and is the key reason that I am not a Christian. By my mentality and mindset, everyone seems to think I am, but I really have trouble seeing how Christianity is not Polytheistic, while people say Hinduism is? It just seems so hypocritical to me. I guess I'm more Judaic in my belief in that there is one God, and one God alone...
Religion is confusing... crying
It doesn't really have to be confusing, though. I mean, my personal beliefs are so incredibly mixed it isn't even funny. I just go with what I feel inside my heart. I never was raised in an organized religion, and I don't ever see myself joining one. They narrow and humanize things too much...
DemonOkami
Religion is confusing... crying

That's what priests are here for. However, in absence of one, I shall take a stab at this.
From what you've posted previously, it seems you believe that Jesus was a person that the Holy Spirit "Possessed" (for lack of a better term). This is not an unheard of belief, I don't however, know the name for this belief. Also, in the first days (Genesis) Adam was also the High priest of YHVH, as well as being the second to last creation. The idea of spiritual possession amongst priests is more common in African traditions than amongst the Semetic, or Mesopotamian religions, so this would probably be a bit skewed. However, by the time of the (Christian) messiah, Judaism had interacted with enough other religions, (thank you cosmopolitian Roman empire) that the idea may have integrated. Also, there are several cases in the OT (old Testament) where YHVH (or at least an Angel) takes possession of an animal or person, so the theory isn't completely implausible (but it will probably raise a lot of ire from more fundamental Christians.).
Liethereal
It doesn't really have to be confusing, though. I mean, my personal beliefs are so incredibly mixed it isn't even funny. I just go with what I feel inside my heart. I never was raised in an organized religion, and I don't ever see myself joining one. They narrow and humanize things too much...

I was never really raised in an organized religion either, and my beliefs are very mixed as well. . . *sigh* I do like what you have posted, it makes a lot of sense.
Hey...for years I regretted not being raised in a church, even though whenever I brought up the topic of religion, my mum would tell me I was Methodist. Heck, I didn't even know what a Methodist was until last year. But now, at eighteen, I am so glad that I am out and looking on my own. It's nothing to feel ashamed of; being different. It should be embraced. It is hard, don't get me wrong, but I think it is very much worth it. Exlpore, and discover who you are.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff