Welcome to Gaia! ::

BlueRoseTorn
Maze
Today, I bring you..

http://paizo.com/store/toys/plushes/asgardGods

A THOR PLUSHIE! whee 4laugh

That may very well be the cutest thing I've ever seen. I just want to hug it! whee

You can, for a set price wink

Et tu, Aesir? 4laugh
Maze
BlueRoseTorn
Maze
Today, I bring you..

That may very well be the cutest thing I've ever seen. I just want to hug it! whee

Et tu, Aesir? 4laugh

xd

If they release the whole gang, I'd totally spend a lot of time going through the myths. Especially the one with Thor in a dress, impersonating Freya. I've always loved that one.

And thanks for the previously-given link on kennings. Mucho helpo.
BlueRoseTorn
xd

If they release the whole gang, I'd totally spend a lot of time going through the myths. Especially the one with Thor in a dress, impersonating Freya. I've always loved that one.

Agreed. biggrin Well, I'm already planning to spend a lot of time going through the myths, it's just that I'm a bit busy with school work (and oh, such a delightful distraction this subject makes 4laugh )

BlueRoseTorn
And thanks for the previously-given link on kennings. Mucho helpo.
No problem, mon. I'm good for few things, and finding links is one of 'em ^_^ Just glad they're not all completely useless xd
Maze
BlueRoseTorn
Maze
Today, I bring you..

Et tu, Aesir? 4laugh
I made my own Thor Plushie. He's cute and has some lovely faux leather armor.
I've got a question. What is the definition of a Lokean? Do they worhip him or just like him a lot? Or is it just a preferencial thing?
TeaDidikai

I made my own Thor Plushie. He's cute and has some lovely faux leather armor.

Cool biggrin Feel free to post pics of him, as I'm of the curious kind and wouldn't mind seeing it. I know I shouldn't ever be allowed to try and make any kind of plushies, as I have absolutely zero talent in the arts, so I'm afraid I have no plushie to show in return whee

KunoichiShouri
I've got a question. What is the definition of a Lokean? Do they worhip him or just like him a lot? Or is it just a preferencial thing?

Usually, when someone asks that question, I refer people to
What's a Lokean by Alice Karlsdottir. I can't say for sure if it's accurate or not, but it has a story at the bottom about the KKK and the Asatru which I find damned amusing so I don't mind rereading it (as one should xd ) whenever I pass the link on.

From what I gathered from the previous installment of this thread, though (way back when it had even more information to sift through) the very strong impression I got was that Lokeans didn't worship Loki.

Basically, they like the shoddy b*****d, and most, if not all, were of the impression that if they ever got the stupid idea to actually really worship him, he'd kick their asses.

And then laugh in their faces, hehehe..

They do honour him, much as the other Asatru gods are honoured. Seems not all Asatru like Loki "for some strange reason" whee and as such are leery of those who call themselves Lokeans.

There's also those who are Shinto and consider Loki a spirit who wasn't quite an ancestor spirit but not quite a place spirit either. For more information, look up Shinto. smile

If you start a thread about it, you may even see Jishin posting there, and as I recall she has experience with a spirit she calls Loki but she doesn't call him a god, as per the rules of Shinto, of course.

If anyone spies a huge mistake in what I'm writing, feel free to point it out, as I'm working from memory here.

There's also the LJ community "Lokeans" you can check out if you so wish. In fact, they handle that very question here
I wish I could post some pics. crying No digcamera. I still need to get Deo a pic of my bronze casted Odin.
Next time you take a roll of film or use a disposable camera, maybe you could just finish it off with a few pics of the thor plushy, the bronze Odin, or whatever else you want to show. Wal-Mart lets you get back a cd with the files of the pics when you get them developed, and I don't think it costs a whole lot more.

I, for one, would love to see the plushy.

I wish I could do that kind of thing. I'm clumsy at making things, though. neutral
Gaius Plotinus Maximo
Next time you take a roll of film or use a disposable camera, maybe you could just finish it off with a few pics of the thor plushy, the bronze Odin, or whatever else you want to show. Wal-Mart lets you get back a cd with the files of the pics when you get them developed, and I don't think it costs a whole lot more.

I, for one, would love to see the plushy.

I wish I could do that kind of thing. I'm clumsy at making things, though. neutral
Not a bad idea.

I make wonderful popits. ~thinks~ I wonder if I still have that one of my ex about...
Maze

Usually, when someone asks that question, I refer people to
What's a Lokean by Alice Karlsdottir. I can't say for sure if it's accurate or not, but it has a story at the bottom about the KKK and the Asatru which I find damned amusing so I don't mind rereading it (as one should xd ) whenever I pass the link on.

From what I gathered from the previous installment of this thread, though (way back when it had even more information to sift through) the very strong impression I got was that Lokeans didn't worship Loki.

Basically, they like the shoddy b*****d, and most, if not all, were of the impression that if they ever got the stupid idea to actually really worship him, he'd kick their asses.

And then laugh in their faces, hehehe..

They do honour him, much as the other Asatru gods are honoured. Seems not all Asatru like Loki "for some strange reason" whee and as such are leery of those who call themselves Lokeans.

There's also those who are Shinto and consider Loki a spirit who wasn't quite an ancestor spirit but not quite a place spirit either. For more information, look up Shinto. smile

If you start a thread about it, you may even see Jishin posting there, and as I recall she has experience with a spirit she calls Loki but she doesn't call him a god, as per the rules of Shinto, of course.

If anyone spies a huge mistake in what I'm writing, feel free to point it out, as I'm working from memory here.

There's also the LJ community "Lokeans" you can check out if you so wish. In fact, they handle that very question here

Thanks very much!
Are Poppits linked historically to Asatru in any way?
Which type?

Gloss. Pagan & Wiccan Words

A doll to represent a person. It is used in a healing spell, love spells, Hexes (although pins ARE NOT poked into it, that is Voodoo) etc. It can be wrapped in a ribbon or similar in a binding spell, it may be tied to another poppet for a love binding spell, there are different uses for poppets in different spells. Can be made from cloth, wax, clay etc.

or

WikiPoppet

A Poppet is a Maiden or Mother Goddess doll. It is used in harvest or other festivals to symbolize the fertility of the Earth and/or Goddess. In some instances, dolls are used to represent the male gender instead of the female (scarecrows and the Wicker Man of the Druids are examples). Poppets are believed to be infused with life by their makers. The doll is a "little life," symbolic of the inner person. Poppets are used in healing, fertility, and binding spells. In magick, the doll can be made from a craved root, grain or corn shafts, fruits such as an apple or lemon, paper, wax, a potato, clay, branches, or a cloth image stuffed with herbs. The use of poppets is known as "image magick." They are also known as Corn Dollies, Poppits, and Pippies.
I did some looking around, but while I did find spaecraft, seidhirstuffings and runeworks, I haven't found anything indicating magic or willworking with poppits or anything resembling them..

There's also the spindling type of magic, but that's more clothing and so on than actual dolls I get the impression..

There are 'dolls' of a fashion in Norse culture. The ones the children played with were made of wood and looked plain, having little to no features. Sometimes, they had limbs.

The representations of gods and household spirits were also made of wood (or bone at times) but they were richly detailed.

There's no indication that I've found that they were used for purposes of magic, though..

But then, I admit I lack years of experience with the subject as well as limiting my search by using Google. At best I can say that a preliminary search gives a negative on the usage.

Maybe Deoridhe or Ulfrikr can be of help in verifying the matter. smile
Maze
Which type?

Gloss. Pagan & Wiccan Words

A doll to represent a person. It is used in a healing spell, love spells, Hexes (although pins ARE NOT poked into it, that is Voodoo) etc. It can be wrapped in a ribbon or similar in a binding spell, it may be tied to another poppet for a love binding spell, there are different uses for poppets in different spells. Can be made from cloth, wax, clay etc.

That one. And some of us do use pins- even though we do not practice Vuldon or any spelling there of.

Quote:
WikiPoppet

A Poppet is a Maiden or Mother Goddess doll. It is used in harvest or other festivals to symbolize the fertility of the Earth and/or Goddess. In some instances, dolls are used to represent the male gender instead of the female (scarecrows and the Wicker Man of the Druids are examples). Poppets are believed to be infused with life by their makers. The doll is a "little life," symbolic of the inner person. Poppets are used in healing, fertility, and binding spells. In magick, the doll can be made from a craved root, grain or corn shafts, fruits such as an apple or lemon, paper, wax, a potato, clay, branches, or a cloth image stuffed with herbs. The use of poppets is known as "image magick." They are also known as Corn Dollies, Poppits, and Pippies.
confused When did they start calling those Poppits.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff