Welcome to Gaia! ::

http://www.gaiaonline.com/gaia/redirect.php?r=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gaiaonline.com%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D10149239

Try this one. It's Deo's Reconstructional Religions Thread and they just had a minor discussion on holidays. ^_^
Maze
*snip*

Try this one. It's Deo's Reconstructional Religions Thread and they just had a minor discussion on holidays. ^_^
You're like.... The Master of Links! gonk
Thanks. 3nodding
Well, I'm going to change my avatar gender back sometime in the next few days.. So I was going through GavSim with my friend (Paganworship, a while back he started the Asatru thread that sparked my interest in Asatru), and I decided I'd make an odin-themed avatar...

Well, let's just say that on accident Odin found is flamboyant side.

User Image

Sorry. Random. ninja

And if anyone has suggestions, please put them forth. For some reason GavSim doesn't have the viking helmet, so meh.
Love it!

Besides- I think the wings look better. Not like real viking helms had horns anyway.
TeaDidikai
Love it!

Besides- I think the wings look better. Not like real viking helms had horns anyway.
They can go together like my current avatar. 3nodding
i have an art project that involves aspects of hel, and valhalla, and i was wondering if anyone here could give me any ideas on what i should include to be thematically correct, and yet retain visual creativity... any ideas are greatly appreciated.
PaganWorship
i have an art project that involves aspects of hel, and valhalla, and i was wondering if anyone here could give me any ideas on what i should include to be thematically correct, and yet retain visual creativity... any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Hel the goddess/joten? or Hel the realm.
TeaDidikai
PaganWorship

Hel the goddess/joten? or Hel the realm.
oh hel the realm my bad,
I take it the assignment is a "Heaven and Hell" assignment, correct?

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PaganWorship

Well, what little we know about Hel include a description of the goddess it is named for (bloodless pale from the waist up, vivid bruise color from the waist down), that there is a crow there, a wide bridge to get in, most likely gates, and lots of dead people.

Valhalla would be one of the 12 halls in Asgardhr, has a boar sacrificed every night, valkyrie serving food and booze, and warriors feasting and/or warriors dead and dying as they kill each other to be king of the hill that day.

If you look up Hermod you'll meet one of the few gods whose been to Hel; he had been an einharjar (slain in battle) before.
TeaDidikai
I take it the assignment is a "Heaven and Hell" assignment, correct?
kind of.... umm... i am doing a multifaceted art project that is virtually an interactive painting... the theme is life after death, and i am depicting the journey of life after death of six different religious beliefs.
Include Garm in the image as another piece for Hel... heart
And you could put an image of Geri and Freki in as another piece for Valhalla...
This is a rather interesting thread on gods and the like o.o so I was wondering if anybody maybe has any links on slavic gods and godesses? And the beliefs of the time and people aswell ?
Amarth
This is a rather interesting thread on gods and the like o.o so I was wondering if anybody maybe has any links on slavic gods and godesses? And the beliefs of the time and people aswell ?

Take a look at the Recon Religion thread Deo started and then PM me if you would like some more.

Strikes me that there are more places to hang out in Asgurd than Valhalla. I mean, if I ended up there, I would spend the next many years looking at Odin like- Man, I like you, but damnit, I want to hang out in Frigga's Hall.

Edit: Or better- I want to go back to Midgurd and have some fun!
I personally feel that I've read my myths enough (Not that I'm just going to stop studying them. neutral I just wanna take a couple steps further)... and that I'd like to further my studies and start learning about more of the practices, and rituals, etc. of Asatru...

Any suggestions (Links, books, videos, whatever)?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff