Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Streaker

Devtar
Requiem ex Inferni
There are aspects of LaVeyan Satanism I agree with, such as the Nine Statements and the Nine Sins, but ultimately it is a religion, and I'm opposed to religion in general (personal spirituality shouldn't need rules written by someone else as a form of control). The fact that it's name was intentionally chosen as a middle finger to another religion, and that nearly every LaVeyan Satanist I've talked to has been fairly pretentious (one was a Juggalo who refused to believe that actual Satan worship wasn't part of the religion), has left me with a less-than-favorable impression of the religion.

It's not entirely a middle finger towards Christianity, though the Satanic belief system is very anti-Christian. This is namely because of the subjugation Christianity in specific has imposed on so many people. In Hebrew, Satan means "the accuser." It kinda ties in with the whole 'goat's head raised in defiance' aspect of the religion. Furthermore, the character Satan from the bible embodies the carnal characteristics of humans, which Satanism stands strongly for.
LaVey named his religion after the representation of all that is evil in another religion, and then made its tenets an almost complete reversal of those found in said religion. You don't do something like that if you're not trying to get at least a small rise out of that religion.

Shameless Prophet

Requiem ex Inferni
Devtar
Requiem ex Inferni
There are aspects of LaVeyan Satanism I agree with, such as the Nine Statements and the Nine Sins, but ultimately it is a religion, and I'm opposed to religion in general (personal spirituality shouldn't need rules written by someone else as a form of control). The fact that it's name was intentionally chosen as a middle finger to another religion, and that nearly every LaVeyan Satanist I've talked to has been fairly pretentious (one was a Juggalo who refused to believe that actual Satan worship wasn't part of the religion), has left me with a less-than-favorable impression of the religion.

It's not entirely a middle finger towards Christianity, though the Satanic belief system is very anti-Christian. This is namely because of the subjugation Christianity in specific has imposed on so many people. In Hebrew, Satan means "the accuser." It kinda ties in with the whole 'goat's head raised in defiance' aspect of the religion. Furthermore, the character Satan from the bible embodies the carnal characteristics of humans, which Satanism stands strongly for.
LaVey named his religion after the representation of all that is evil in another religion, and then made its tenets an almost complete reversal of those found in said religion. You don't do something like that if you're not trying to get at least a small rise out of that religion.

Satanism is a religion based on a mixture of humanism and Epicurian philosophy.
Christianity is a religion that discourages humanity and teaches that acting human is evil.
I'm not arguing that he wasn't trying to get a rise, but his teachings were well founded.

Hilarious Lunatic

Strength to rise one more time

Shameless Prophet

Mental Trainwreck

Do you just comment your captcha's or something? lol

Hilarious Lunatic

Devtar
Mental Trainwreck

Do you just comment your captcha's or something? lol

It's from a song

Aged Lunatic

I can dig it. I consider myself an atheistic follower of the Left-Hand Path, though I'm not LaVeyan. I read the whole thing, had some interesting conversations with my partner about it, etc.
I guess you can consider me the first other Gaia user you've met who's read it, at least xd

Shameless Prophet

Macaroni Junior
I can dig it. I consider myself an atheistic follower of the Left-Hand Path, though I'm not LaVeyan. I read the whole thing, had some interesting conversations with my partner about it, etc.
I guess you can consider me the first other Gaia user you've met who's read it, at least xd

A non LeVayan, atheistic Satanist. I don't know what to make of that. I would be interested to hear about your beliefs. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff