Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I believe in Jesus and that there is a God,but I don't believe in religion.

Floppy Member

Olijoa
I believe in Jesus and that there is a God,but I don't believe in religion.
That's interesting, considering that of the three, it is religion that is demonstrably real.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
I don't believe in a god. In order to discuss such a thing and debate it you often make a ton of assumptions that are completely unfounded. I have yet to hear an objective reason for why a god should be interested in humans or have interests or feelings or consciousness at all. Also the way gods are described are either extremely anthropomorphic or if it is a more complex transcendent deity than it is described in terms of what a god is not.

For any practical purposes, I am an atheist. If somehow I get stuck in a debate about god then I will use the title ignostic to indicate my low opinion of the debate process.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I believe in God

5,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
For me, God is not a person, its a conscious entity that is far different from humankind. It works in ways we are not able to do. We are the result of an event that created the universe, and I believe that God made this possible.

I often wondered why there are so many asteroids, meteors and meteorites and other heavenly bodies moving in space. I wondered why some of them have sharp jagged edges like an asteroid, they look like objects that was a result of an explosion, because of their shape, and they move in space as though remnants of a big bang. There are solar systems in a galaxy, there are stars that seemed to have combusted, as we know, stars have heat and light. And all these things are moving all around us as if due to the force of that explosion. In other words, I subscribe to the Big Bang Theory. I am thinking maybe before the explosion, there is this one big entity that became so condensed with energy that it exploded. The source of energy could be God (?) I don't think that the universe is all there is. I think outside it, there's light along with other entities. I mean, just trying to imagine what there could be. Sounds a little too much but there's always that possibility. The universe is expanding and I think it's because that the void in the universe was contained in that entity and when the big bang happened it caused the void to expand. In other words, the big bang created space. Far-fetched, I know, but it's interesting to imagine.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Entrailgod
GOD?

Groceries On Demand? emotion_awesome

Entrailgod
Hello. I just wanted to kind of see what people believed in the Gaia community. I encourage respectful and intuitive discussion about the matter.

I believe that "god" is a nebulous description of the powers and forces of nature, which varies from belief to belief in its rendition of what gods are. Likely stemmed out of animism or ancestor worship, or a combination of the two. Personally, I hold myself somewhere in the area of animist pantheism, but it tends to come and go, and I really just love to focus more on the human beliefs in gods, spirits, and the like, and how it changes from culture to culture.

It's far more exciting that way.

Entrailgod
Just don't kill each other please.

Ah nerts.

Indulgent Raider

2,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
It's hard to describe where I stand in the matter, but I'm certain I am an atheist.

I don't believe that there is any place for a god in our society, as we have advanced greatly by secular means.

However, if I were asked what any god was to me, it would have to be a creation of man rather than a creator.
In a sense, gods do exist, but only because we made them. And as such religion is a ploy while the god is the method.
I feel like people need to stop proving something we have no clue about, god can't be described as the truth, or it can't be proven fake. God is a belief, to some people he is a guidance and a path that shows them a lifestyle. to some he's fake, but no one can prove weather he's fake or not.We have not experienced the past, we weren't there to see the universe being created, so we don't completely know how it was created, so some people believe that it was god and some people believe in science, and we also have to know that science isn't always completely accurate, so we can't debate religion with science. Most religions aren't the same, and have different perspective on god itself.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Why not title the thread something else; You may believe in a personal god with capital g to let us know your particular faith, but not everyone does.

I'll humour you anyway; I am an agnostic atheist. Mostly apatheist. I am not defined by my lack of belief in a deity, as their existence matters very little to me.
Philosophically, I am a Satanist (LaVeyan Satanism...not to be confused with the other)

That means that I believe in myself, above all.

5,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I believe there is a design in which we fit in. I believe that there is a natural order in the universe. We came up with the idea of freedom that made us question the reality of a God or a Creator. We are intelligent beings and this assisted us to believe in an infinite number of worldviews and perspectives.

Living in a round floating object in space, in a solar system that made it possible for us to live, sticking to the ground even when the earth is round and we could not fall off the side or bottom of it, where its inhabitants don't even know when they will die, they live in a body composed of such frail matter, it's understandable to believe that they put an end to their freedom and restrict themselves to an existence of a life that is bound by man-made norms, custom and tradition, and systems. We bind ourselves and think that life is nothing but a limited offer of experience, to follow the course of these systems and learn about lessons which make us wise at the end.

Is that really why we are here? To struggle in order to become wise? To experience? A mysterious journey where we die at the very end?

Looking up at the night sky, seeing the void sprinkled with celestial beings and heavenly bodies, it's like looking at infinity. It makes you wonder about "What is our connection to this universe we're living in?

If we're part of the natural existence of things, among with living things, and living beings, conscious and breathing, and if we see an equilibrium and homeostasis, and cycles and patterns, isn't a design a natural possibility? Why is there a system to how we work?

I believe it's a design by an entity who formed the universe with I believe different purposes. As human beings, we were given consciousness that made us free, rational, thinking, living beings. It's a gift from God - life. God is not evil in essence. We are able to create relationships, connect to each other, help each other, love each other and all the opposites. I think to experience is to grab hold of this gift of freedom and life and seize it as a privilege. God gave us life that make us part of His design, which transcends our understanding.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
GOD Over Djinni?

I think M&R is the wrong place to get a good population sample.

Newbie Noob

8,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
Entrailgod
Hello. I just wanted to kind of see what people believed in the Gaia community. I encourage respectful and intuitive discussion about the matter.

Just don't kill each other please. Be respectful and courteous to one another. No one is wrong or right. That's pretty much the only rule.

I am not a Christian. I don't want to be a part of organized religion. Christianity is organized religion that was formed by man. Christians have lost site of the purpose which is a relationship with God and not religiosity. I learned this in a documentary about the history I watched today. My perspective has changed and I am going to blog about it so I can refer back to my notes. I believe in God and I have a relationship with God, and I am a lesbian. I don't believe being gay sends you to hell. Everything I have believed has crumbled and I am starting fresh with a new perspective and risen beliefs. I'm holding to God, the good, and letting go of the rest.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
zone_of_reen84
God is not evil in essence. We are able to create relationships, connect to each other, help each other, love each other and all the opposites. I think to experience is to grab hold of this gift of freedom and life and seize it as a privilege. God gave us life that make us part of His design, which transcends our understanding.

How do you know this?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces