Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
AngryVeganQueer
zone_of_reen84
God is not evil in essence. We are able to create relationships, connect to each other, help each other, love each other and all the opposites. I think to experience is to grab hold of this gift of freedom and life and seize it as a privilege. God gave us life that make us part of His design, which transcends our understanding.

How do you know this?

That's an idea that I have. If you wonder how I arrived at this idea, it was a result of a mix of experiences, reflections, philosophy, and documentaries on various topics regarding the Christian God. They are not necessarily supportive of any scientific theories, it's my unique common sense that made me arrive at those ideas.

God to me is not in control of our actions and decisions. The free will he gave us made us decide on our matters without his influence and hand in it. It also gave us the power to act on our own will, again, without his influence and hand in it. He gave it for a reason, and that I believe is to learn. Learning makes one wise. Wisdom to me is important to have because it is the result of many many years of learning by the experiences and struggles that we had before. It's something uniquely ours and it's an achievement that means we are victors and survivors of life.

We all exist in the same world. Put together, we are able to form relationships. We cannot exist without each other. In order to survive an ordeal, we need help. This phenomenon gives us the thought that we need each other to survive.

The free will we have means we are left by God to live as we like. Criminals possess the same free will. It is ours to act on, God would not get in the way of that, I think in theory.

There's a grand design I believe. There's a system to how we work, as a human race living on earth. To further clarify on this, I suggest you watch the movie Thrive at youtube:

http://youtu.be/lEV5AFFcZ-s

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
zone_of_reen84

That's an idea that I have. If you wonder how I arrived at this idea, it was a result of a mix of experiences, reflections, philosophy, and documentaries on various topics regarding the Christian God. They are not necessarily supportive of any scientific theories, it's my unique common sense that made me arrive at those ideas.

Your reflections. Your philosophy and your experiences.

Quote:
God to me is not in control of our actions and decisions. The free will he gave us made us decide on our matters without his influence and hand in it. It also gave us the power to act on our own will, again, without his influence and hand in it. He gave it for a reason, and that I believe is to learn. Learning makes one wise. Wisdom to me is important to have because it is the result of many many years of learning by the experiences and struggles that we had before. It's something uniquely ours and it's an achievement that means we are victors and survivors of life.

arrow People do not learn from their experiences as a whole. Our race makes the same mistakes over and over again. If you say that free-will was divinely bestowed, I call bullshit on it because it simply serves no purpose, because nothing is learnt.

Quote:
We all exist in the same world. Put together, we are able to form relationships. We cannot exist without each other. In order to survive an ordeal, we need help. This phenomenon gives us the thought that we need each other to survive.

arrow We can exist without one another; We, however, cannot survive without each other. It's evolution. It is how we secure our safety and so forth. It has nothing to do with any higher cause or order.

Quote:
The free will we have means we are left by God to live as we like. Criminals possess the same free will. It is ours to act on, God would not get in the way of that, I think in theory.

arrow So, God gives us free will and tells us to do whatever we like with it?...That is almost the same as saying that we have free will regardless of whether God exists or not. There is simply no need for a God to explain any part of natural human behaviour.

Quote:
There's a grand design I believe. There's a system to how we work, as a human race living on earth. To further clarify on this, I suggest you watch the movie Thrive at youtube:

arrow There is no grand design, nor a great system to how we work as anything living on Earth. Sure, it would seem as though there is a system, but it is so because we have built it this way after millennia of evolving and growing and determining what is best for us, for the most part. Trial and error. No creator had any hand in this awful and corrupt system that we have now...

No film will prove your point.

Floppy Member

zone_of_reen84
AngryVeganQueer
zone_of_reen84
God is not evil in essence. We are able to create relationships, connect to each other, help each other, love each other and all the opposites. I think to experience is to grab hold of this gift of freedom and life and seize it as a privilege. God gave us life that make us part of His design, which transcends our understanding.

How do you know this?

Common sense is something unique now? What it appears you're saying is that "this is the personal conclusion I have arrived at via my own unique experiences".

Quote:
God to me is not in control of our actions and decisions. The free will he gave us made us decide on our matters without his influence and hand in it. It also gave us the power to act on our own will, again, without his influence and hand in it. He gave it for a reason, and that I believe is to learn.

There would have to actually be evidence other than your own thoughts and experiences to support the notion that there is such a thing as "free will" before you'd be able to try explaining where it came from. Of course the god would have to be demonstrably real before it would be logical to consider the possibility that it gave anything to anybody.

Quote:
Learning makes one wise.

No, learning is the act of acquiring new, or modifying and reinforcing, existing knowledge, behaviors, skills, values, or preferences and may involve synthesizing different types of information. The ability to learn is possessed by humans, animals and some machines. We would scarcely call a machine wise.

A basic definition of wisdom is the judicious application of knowledge. This implies a possession of knowledge or the seeking thereof in order to apply it to the given circumstance. It often requires control of one's emotional reactions so that the universal principle of reason prevails to determine one's action. In short, wisdom is a disposition to find the truth coupled with an optimum judgement as to what actions should be taken in order to deliver the correct outcome. This is beyond what learning would imply.

Quote:
Wisdom to me is important to have because it is the result of many many years of learning by the experiences and struggles that we had before. It's something uniquely ours and it's an achievement that means we are victors and survivors of life.

That's understandable. However, it is entirely possible to live one's whole life, and learn many things, and not become wise.

Quote:
We all exist in the same world. Put together, we are able to form relationships.

We know of only one planet that contains Homo sapiens sapiens, which is a social species. We form relationships as a result of evolved traits.

Quote:
We cannot exist without each other.

This isn't specifically true. A single member of our species can likely survive on their own. It would not the optimum situation for a social animal, but there is no reason to assume that it would not be possible to exist. There have been many documented cases of people who prefer to live by themselves, with minimal contact with other human beings.

Quote:
In order to survive an ordeal, we need help.

Citation needed. What sort of ordeals are you talking about? What sort of help are you asserting is necessary? I have personally survived numerous ordeals without what might be considered "help".

Quote:
This phenomenon gives us the thought that we need each other to survive.

What "phenomenon"? Social species are not uncommon on this planet. There is nothing unusual about being a member of one. We are born helpless, without the ability to cogitate the thought that we need others to survive. We learn to live with others as an extension of being a social animal.

Quote:

Personally, I think you;d have to demonstrate what "free will" actually is, but you're just explaining thoughts here, really.

Quote:
There's a grand design I believe.

Why do you believe this?

Quote:
There's a system to how we work, as a human race living on earth.

Charles Darwin explained why that is a very long time ago. Notice that humans in differing areas of the planet do not live by the same "systems" as other societies?

Quote:
To further clarify on this, I suggest you watch the movie Thrive at youtube:

No thank you. I'd rather talk to people in an Extended Discussion forum. That's why I come here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff