• Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Haha Coffee
Votaro
Haha Coffee
Votaro
Haha Coffee

Slavery
If someone wasn't ignorant of how it is to be a slave, then they wouldn't be ignorant to common thoughts running through the mind of a slave that potentially hold a threat to them, nor would they be ignorant of views that would state them reasonably so as a monster. Even for the "Owner" of slaves, expelling ignorance would reveal reasoning for to not consider people being owned and also a change of perspective negating the basis to in which it is thought okay to own slaves to begin with. Long ago when slavery had been widely practiced in the US, through alternate routes, the same powers that would have been able to acquire slaves could also have started a balanced civilization promoting peace, as the slates were far more blank than they are now.

That's got nothing to do with ignorance, in days gone past a lot of people knew "exactly" what it was like to be a slave, since slavery was an instiutitonal economic practice peopled went in and out of (sometimes multiple times if they were unlucky) many former slaves went on to own slaves, knowing full well it's implications.

Once more, why is ignorance a cause of slavery?

Well in such a case, the ignorance is of a psychological matter, having had been in slavery would have created a hole within whomever was the slave, a hole to where progress would be feeling greatly lacking and thus the need to fill it by increasing progress through having themselves slaves, thus the ignorance is regarding refusing to break the chain. The former slaves have chosen to pay their attention on increasing their progress rate (For the sake of life satisfaction) rather than breaking the chain and trying to live a truly happy life separate from involving the lifestyle deterioration of others. The societal dictates that lead to people feeling that slavery was necessary to begin with are in fact do to ignorance and greed. Greed it's self is quite of ignorance, as it has very little purpose but to blind people in their pursuit for more things than they actually need.

Why is wanting to own a slave an ignorant thing?
Because you yourself wouldn't want to be a slave, to have slaves is to ignore this fact out of selfishness , and to ignore is to be ignorant.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Votaro
Haha Coffee
Votaro
Haha Coffee
Votaro
Haha Coffee

Slavery
If someone wasn't ignorant of how it is to be a slave, then they wouldn't be ignorant to common thoughts running through the mind of a slave that potentially hold a threat to them, nor would they be ignorant of views that would state them reasonably so as a monster. Even for the "Owner" of slaves, expelling ignorance would reveal reasoning for to not consider people being owned and also a change of perspective negating the basis to in which it is thought okay to own slaves to begin with. Long ago when slavery had been widely practiced in the US, through alternate routes, the same powers that would have been able to acquire slaves could also have started a balanced civilization promoting peace, as the slates were far more blank than they are now.

That's got nothing to do with ignorance, in days gone past a lot of people knew "exactly" what it was like to be a slave, since slavery was an instiutitonal economic practice peopled went in and out of (sometimes multiple times if they were unlucky) many former slaves went on to own slaves, knowing full well it's implications.

Well in such a case, the ignorance is of a psychological matter, having had been in slavery would have created a hole within whomever was the slave, a hole to where progress would be feeling greatly lacking and thus the need to fill it by increasing progress through having themselves slaves, thus the ignorance is regarding refusing to break the chain. The former slaves have chosen to pay their attention on increasing their progress rate (For the sake of life satisfaction) rather than breaking the chain and trying to live a truly happy life separate from involving the lifestyle deterioration of others. The societal dictates that lead to people feeling that slavery was necessary to begin with are in fact do to ignorance and greed. Greed it's self is quite of ignorance, as it has very little purpose but to blind people in their pursuit for more things than they actually need.

Because you yourself wouldn't want to be a slave, to have slaves is to ignore this fact out of selfishness , and to ignore is to be ignorant.

So because I wouldn't want to eat tunapie(It's disgusting) is to make me ignorant?

It's just a preference.

Besides I can think of circumstances where I "would" wan't to be a slave.

Friendly Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Haha Coffee
Votaro
Haha Coffee
Votaro
Haha Coffee

So because I wouldn't want to eat tunapie(It's disgusting) is to make me ignorant?

It's just a preference.

Attempting a strawman argument reveals an internal fallacy that you hold.

Let me turn it into not being a strawman argument attempt

To not like tunapie but to eat it anyways without knowing (To do something without awareness of the details is an example of ignorance in action) what you are eating is what you don't like (tunapie), is ignorant.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Haha Coffee
Votaro
Haha Coffee
Votaro
Haha Coffee

It's just a preference.

I like where this argument is going.

We've got the means to inflict these 'preferences' on eachother, so why don't we call it intelligent to do so?

Bust out the whips, shackles, and lifetime penchant funds, we're talking about empires and comparing them to something intellectually stimulating. Vomitoriums for all!

Friendly Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Haha Coffee
Votaro
Haha Coffee
Votaro
Haha Coffee

It's just a preference.

And so then I turn the blame for such onto whatever made you so weak minded

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Votaro
Haha Coffee
Votaro
Haha Coffee
Votaro
Haha Coffee

It's just a preference.

And so then I turn the blame for such onto whatever made you so weak minded

So you admit to avoiding the argument.

Marvellous.

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Votaro
Lucky~9~Lives
Votaro
And so, I submit to you a challenge, name an evil that I can't trace to an ignorance!

Being so smart you cut yourself.

The outer self is the responsibility of the inner self, to cut one's self is not evil, nor is it wise unless done with a purpose necessary for survival. To cute one's self can be constructive for not only survival but also self expression, however to intentionally drain your blood without it being necessary for survival is to waste a very precious thing with great potential. Human beings are neither inherently evil nor inherently good, but rather inherently hold positive potential, a wasted life is a wasted potential.

In short, your statement pretty much seems nonsensical to me and regardless I replied the best I could.

Lucky misspoke. The phrase is "so sharp you'll cut yourself". I.e., being too clever by half. Y'know. It's not literally talking about cutting yourself, it's an idiom based on the double meaning of the word "sharp", taken to mean that you'll get yourself into trouble one day with a mind like that, one way or the other.
Sanguina Cruenta
Votaro
Lucky~9~Lives
Votaro
And so, I submit to you a challenge, name an evil that I can't trace to an ignorance!

The outer self is the responsibility of the inner self, to cut one's self is not evil, nor is it wise unless done with a purpose necessary for survival. To cute one's self can be constructive for not only survival but also self expression, however to intentionally drain your blood without it being necessary for survival is to waste a very precious thing with great potential. Human beings are neither inherently evil nor inherently good, but rather inherently hold positive potential, a wasted life is a wasted potential.

In short, your statement pretty much seems nonsensical to me and regardless I replied the best I could.

Lucky misspoke. The phrase is "so sharp you'll cut yourself".

Thanks; I thought it looked odd, but I couldn't for the life of me work-out where I'd gone wrong.
- sweatdrop

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Haha Coffee
I always presumed they were trolls like WBC
User Image
ỳoύя jύsτ αs soƒτ αs α ℓíoи ταмe∂
ỳoύя jύsτ αs ωєτ αs τhє єvєиíиg яαíи

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Basically this.

Besides, I always viewed that the bible never stated that the earth was flat. Just "circular". I guess the best example I can probably come up with that is like looking at a ball. You can only see one side of it, but you know that it is three dimensional. You just can't see the other part because you are stuck on one side. Only when you step back from a distance and walk around it, can you see that the ball is not "flat" but actually has a dimension.

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image

Friendly Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Sanguina Cruenta
Votaro
Lucky~9~Lives
Votaro

Lucky misspoke. The phrase is "so sharp you'll cut yourself". I.e., being too clever by half. Y'know. It's not literally talking about cutting yourself, it's an idiom based on the double meaning of the word "sharp", taken to mean that you'll get yourself into trouble one day with a mind like that, one way or the other.

Many minds can get one in trouble, to have a mind like mine and not be aware of those who appose it's content, would be rather idiotic, I care not for the risk, only for the purpose in which the risk is made for.

Friendly Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Anasui
Haha Coffee
I always presumed they were trolls like WBC
User Image
ỳoύя jύsτ αs soƒτ αs α ℓíoи ταмe∂
ỳoύя jύsτ αs ωєτ αs τhє єvєиíиg яαíи

Basically this.

Besides, I always viewed that the bible never stated that the earth was flat. Just "circular". I guess the best example I can probably come up with that is like looking at a ball. You can only see one side of it, but you know that it is three dimensional. You just can't see the other part because you are stuck on one side. Only when you step back from a distance and walk around it, can you see that the ball is not "flat" but actually has a dimension.

ỳoύя ℓovє ís ∂яívíиg мє…
ỳoύя ∂яívíиg мє íиsαиє

User Image

Very clearly does the bible state the world as flat, several times over with some contradictions here and there regarding it being four cornered or circular.

And very flawed are the apologetic claims of the otherwise

after all they are in fact baring false witness!
Votaro
Among all funny things I've come across a Bible inspired group known as the Flat earth society really has me rolling on the floor laughing my a** off.

I used to be a christian............... until I could understand exactly what all it was saying that is, anyhow that is beside the point.

Anyhow, let's set the history of me aside, it's not relevant to this post!

Flat Earth Society

Anyhow the question is, can you name the scriptural verses that speak for how the earth is flat?

I can!

...is it, though?

Friendly Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Invictus_88
Votaro
Among all funny things I've come across a Bible inspired group known as the Flat earth society really has me rolling on the floor laughing my a** off.

I used to be a christian............... until I could understand exactly what all it was saying that is, anyhow that is beside the point.

Anyhow, let's set the history of me aside, it's not relevant to this post!

Flat Earth Society

Anyhow the question is, can you name the scriptural verses that speak for how the earth is flat?

I can!

...is it, though?

Of coarse not LOL

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out