Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have noticed recently that christianity seems to be the most attacked religion in the world right now. From a man trying to remove "under God" from the pledge of allegiance to simple attacks from people on the forums here on gaia. Please tell me your opinions on what I have said here.
The sad truth of it is, that people are taking what they've experienced and turn it into a generalzation that 'applies' to everyone under that religion.

Example:
The only people who have tried to convert me are Christians. Therefore they suck. All of them.

Now, that's a pretty vague example, but it kinda gets the point across. A bunch of people are annoyed by a small number of Christians, thus they begin to slam the religion.

Also, factor in the whole messy molestation ordeal. That news is still fresh enough where it is 'in' to bash the Church.
DarkFerret
I have noticed recently that christianity seems to be the most attacked religion in the world right now.

It's also the largely religion in the world right now. But I'm sure those two aren't connected at all.

DarkFerret
From a man trying to remove "under God" from the pledge of allegiance

How, exactly, is that an attack on Christianity?

DarkFerret
to simple attacks from people on the forums here on gaia.

AND GAIA IS A COMPLETELY ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF THE WORLD'S POPULATION AS A WHOLE.

DarkFerret
Please tell me your opinions on what I have said here.

I think what you said was idiotic.

Wheezing Gekko

DarkFerret
I have noticed recently that christianity seems to be the most attacked religion in the world right now. From a man trying to remove "under God" from the pledge of allegiance to simple attacks from people on the forums here on gaia.

How does an attempt to restore the original Pledge of Allegiance which is more in keeping with the separation of Church and State represent an attack on Christianity?

Familiar Citizen

I have to agree with you on this....
As much as people say other religions are being looked down upon which religion is under the most scrutiny.
When Atheists make their stand against religion-who do they msot often use as refference? Christianity.
A friend of mine was talking to me about this in refference to Revelations... Which is really a scarey thought. He believes that it's because the end of days will soon be upon us. He cited a bunch of things i don't really have too much patience to tpye right now...but honestly the way he explained it it made sense.
Like I said scarey.

But just my random thoughts on the matter at 1:45 in the morning...^^;
Sinner
And because of it, I will now assume that because what DarkFerret said was wrong, that the opposite will be right. So, we need to slam Christianity more. It might be faulty logic, but when do I get opportunities like this?

Familiar Citizen

Meirou Kumori
The sad truth of it is, that people are taking what they've experienced and turn it into a generalzation that 'applies' to everyone under that religion.

Example:
The only people who have tried to convert me are Christians. Therefore they suck. All of them.

Now, that's a pretty vague example, but it kinda gets the point across. A bunch of people are annoyed by a small number of Christians, thus they begin to slam the religion.

Also, factor in the whole messy molestation ordeal. That news is still fresh enough where it is 'in' to bash the Church.

Perfect point my dear....I tried to say something of the sort...but....got side tracked. Lol! You said it better...
Joltykun
Sinner
And because of it, I will now assume that because what DarkFerret said was wrong, that the opposite will be right. So, we need to slam Christianity more. It might be faulty logic, but when do I get opportunities like this?

That's so sarcastic that it actually works.
Mameoyashi

Perfect point my dear....I tried to say something of the sort...but....got side tracked. Lol! You said it better...

Whootage. Bunny girl has made a point.

Seriously though, slamming an ENTIRE Relgion for the mistakes of a few is sterotyping. And sterotyping is bad.
Meirou Kumori
And sterotyping is bad.

xd Good one.
Sinner
DarkFerret
I have noticed recently that christianity seems to be the most attacked religion in the world right now.

It's also the largely religion in the world right now. But I'm sure those two aren't connected at all.

DarkFerret
From a man trying to remove "under God" from the pledge of allegiance

How, exactly, is that an attack on Christianity?

DarkFerret
to simple attacks from people on the forums here on gaia.

AND GAIA IS A COMPLETELY ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF THE WORLD'S POPULATION AS A WHOLE.

DarkFerret
Please tell me your opinions on what I have said here.

I find the attempt to remove "under God" from the pledge of allegiance a small attack on christianity. Honestly I don't care if it was changed or not, I was just using that as a simple example.

If you look on the religion page of the ED forum you will see a large amount of the topics are about Christianity. Some are supportive of it, some slam it, and some just ask opinions. In most of the topics where someone is defending homosexuality they will usually attack christianity for it being against homosexuality as part of their defense.

And if you think I'm an idiot, screw you cuz I don't care.

Wheezing Gekko

DarkFerret
I find the attempt to remove "under God" from the pledge of allegiance a small attack on christianity.

Why?
Vryko Lakas
DarkFerret
I have noticed recently that christianity seems to be the most attacked religion in the world right now. From a man trying to remove "under God" from the pledge of allegiance to simple attacks from people on the forums here on gaia.

How does an attempt to restore the original Pledge of Allegiance which is more in keeping with the separation of Church and State represent an attack on Christianity?

You mentioned the phrase "Separation of Church and State". This phrase as I have seen has been warped in peoples' minds to mean, "separation of christianity and the rest of the world". I have taken social studies classes that discuss different religions of the world. I have studies many different religions such as buddism and the muslim faith. And I have not once seen any class discuss christianity. I have heard stories in newspapers and things that talk about a teacher who decided to teach his students about christianity as well as many other religions. He was sued by one of the parents' of one of his students for trying to convert the child.
DarkFerret
I find the attempt to remove "under God" from the pledge of allegiance a small attack on christianity. Honestly I don't care if it was changed or not, I was just using that as a simple example.

You didn't answer my question. You didn't say how was an attack on Christianity.

You think that if it said "One Nation under Zeus", things would be different?

DarkFerret
If you look on the religion page of the ED forum you will see a large amount of the topics are about Christianity. Some are supportive of it, some slam it, and some just ask opinions. In most of the topics where someone is defending homosexuality they will usually attack christianity for it being against homosexuality as part of their defense.

I repeat:

AND GAIA IS A COMPLETELY ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF THE ENTIRE WORLD.

DarkFerret
IAnd if you think I'm an idiot, screw you cuz I don't care.

Then you shouldn't have asked.
Vryko Lakas
DarkFerret
I find the attempt to remove "under God" from the pledge of allegiance a small attack on christianity.

Why?

Must everyone keep taking what I say out of context. This was just a small example I thought of off the top of my head because I couldn't think of a better one at the time. It is in fact a crummy example. I was just using it as a starting point for a discussion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff