Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on March 3, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

1,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
Well recently I was watching a show on the "Bible Code" and in this show basically they explain it as these jewish doods use computer programs to find matrixes with certain words in them in the torah ((Old testament or the hebrew bible)). Now a few times they have been scary right. The method basically involves them searching through the texts at diffrent angles from what they are read at. Like diagonally or up and down and backwards.((There are many more but these are a few examples))

The reason I am bringing it up is that most predicitons or like other things Say Nostradamus, they can't figure any of his predictions out until after they happen, that really gets off a few skeptics.

But the reason I am even mentioning the code is because they have predicted a few events before they have happened, including one that is currently unfolding.

The first prediction they said that the name of a Rabi ((or some big religious figure)) was going to be assasinated, they came to this conclusion because the Rabi's name, and Assasin will Assasinate. Then it gave the place he was to be killed at. The exact rabi, was assasinated, at the place they predicted. They tried to warn him, but this was before the Bible Code was even taken into consideration.

The second one is that a researcher said that he has found a matrix saying that there will be either a war or conflict((I can't remember which)) between Syria and Lebanon. This was predicted in late 2003 when the show was recorded and first aired in 2004. Aired again in 2005, A couple nights ago on the history channel. As you can tell from the news conflicts are rapidly increasing in Lebanon over the Syrian occupation.

Now with these Advance and shockingly correct predictions is it possible that this is acctually a code written by God, Aliens, or Some crazy furturistic person. There are massive piles of Scientific evidence backing this though the same kind of predictions could be found in any book.

What do you all think, is it even possible?
Apparently this computer program has found real people and their birthdays in scripture. I saw the bible code program and it was very interesting. Is it true? I don't know. Did God put it there? I don't know, it's possible but how did he tell us to look at it like that? It could also be coincidence.
SWwarrior
What do you all think, is it even possible?

Do I think it's possible that, when run through a series of mathematical filters, documents of relevant length will produce meaningful phrases if you know what to look for?

Yes.

Do I think it happens only in the Bible?

No. I think it's a necessary byproduct of creating a mathematically chaotic system - patterns will eventually emerge.

Do I think the "Bible Code" is real?

I remember the Bible Code II (the sequel to the first book, by the same authors, using the same methods) which predicted that Yassir Arafat would be similarly assasinated (he was not), that New York City would be a nuclear crater by the end of last year (it is not), and that archeologists would discover an intact Noah's ark by the end of the decade (used not the sense of the Biblical boat-with-pairs-of-animals, but in the sense of a downed spacecraft that origionally carried DNA to this planet). They haven't found it yet, and I'm sure not holding my breath.
Okay, I saw on history channel where they proved that you can do the same thing with any book and found a prophecy for destruction in Moby d**k.
the bible code also predicted that i believe in the year 2008 there will be huge earthquake and in the year 2012 the end of the world is going to occur. im just skeptical on the whole thing. i think they have it right on some things but on other things i just think there false. i dunno, maybe im wrong and in 7 years were all gonna die or something. who knows.
Newski
Okay, I saw on history channel where they proved that you can do the same thing with any book and found a prophecy for destruction in Moby d**k.

yeah... i saw that part too...if you notice though...most of the words found in that perticular matrix, were already there spelled forwards...that was complete stupidity
Its Not true you can Find Patterns and 'Predictions' Of things that have happend in the past with any text of a Decent Volume.
pixie_white
the bible code also predicted that i believe in the year 2008 there will be huge earthquake and in the year 2012 the end of the world is going to occur. im just skeptical on the whole thing. i think they have it right on some things but on other things i just think there false. i dunno, maybe im wrong and in 7 years were all gonna die or something. who knows.

The mayans predicted the same thing...just coincidenc?
Ghost Assasain
Its Not true you can Find Patterns and 'Predictions' Of things that have happend in the past with any text of a Decent Volume.

Ok then... try it and show me your findings

Wheezing Gekko

The very filter supposedly used to validate the "Bible Code" has been used to find messages indicating "the bible code is bogus" in Genesis 60 times.
http://skepdic.com/bibcode.html
Vryko Lakas
The very filter supposedly used to validate the "Bible Code" has been used to find messages indicating "the bible code is bogus" in Genesis 60 times.
http://skepdic.com/bibcode.html

There is nothing there that proves anything...and also, its not even a credible source....so im gonna have to disregard it entirely

Wheezing Gekko

feline_witch
There is nothing there that proves anything...

Except the studies of several mathematicians and theologians which discredit the idea of the Bible Code being unique and valid?

and also, its not even a credible source....so im gonna have to disregard it entirely
How about
this?
i for one dont really know a thing about the bible, but my friend does and he says that its fact..so..idk i guess i'll take his word
Quote:
The first prediction they said that the name of a Rabi ((or some big religious figure)) was going to be assasinated, they came to this conclusion because the Rabi's name, and Assasin will Assasinate. Then it gave the place he was to be killed at. The exact rabi, was assasinated, at the place they predicted. They tried to warn him, but this was before the Bible Code was even taken into consideration.

Well, seems it's pretty obvious who killed him then....^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces