Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fact or Fiction?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on March 3, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2

feline_witch
Vryko Lakas
The very filter supposedly used to validate the "Bible Code" has been used to find messages indicating "the bible code is bogus" in Genesis 60 times.
http://skepdic.com/bibcode.html

There is nothing there that proves anything...and also, its not even a credible source....so im gonna have to disregard it entirely
Translation: I feel threatened by truth! LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOUUUUUU
My view on this subject is that it could be done with any book. All you need to do is establish a system where you give it every so many characters mark it and such things then rearange them, of course you're going to get something coisencidental over and over again. I saw one of the pages that they took from the code, and there is no possible way you can accurately sypher this stuff. Its all a guess anyway.
Axioma
feline_witch
Vryko Lakas
The very filter supposedly used to validate the "Bible Code" has been used to find messages indicating "the bible code is bogus" in Genesis 60 times.
http://skepdic.com/bibcode.html

There is nothing there that proves anything...and also, its not even a credible source....so im gonna have to disregard it entirely
Translation: I feel threatened by truth! LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOUUUUUU

I read one of the posts a few back... It linked to a site stating that the code was false. I kind of have to agree with it because of the fact of it can only be done in Hebrew and when you have something that goes with symbols for entire words or a good chunk of words it becomes easy to translate it into something that it's really not because of the way we believe its translated and the way it 'sounds' to us due to the fact that we can't properly translate it into english no matter how much we want to.
You know, wacko theories are fun but if you put too much faith into them...

THe bible code is a load of crap and it is proven a load of crap so stop believing.

Now, if you excuse me, I have to scan my copy of Huck Finn to find out when my grandchildren are goin to die, you dumbasses.
I saw that thing too- I'm actually Atheist, but I SO believe in that! It's just too creepily right to be fake!

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The bible code is very real. It is the result of the almighty power of statistics. All of the "secrets" that the author sealed away with his solicitor were so vague they made good ol nossy look crystal clear and they were wrong. According to the bible code, the worlds economy collapsed three years ago.

The author stated that if anything like the bible code worked on moby d**k, he'd admit it was fraudulent. You can find the same kind of messages in moby d**k (specifically about kennedy's death and princess diana's) as there are in the bible.

I've seen the statistics on this, the bible code is crap.
First of all, Torah is not "old testament", it's first 5 books of Moses (genesis to deuteronomy)

Second of all, bible is code is made-up by cabalists. razz
i don't believe in coincedence. but i do believe in programers being able to bs there way around a problem to come out with the answer they WANT. I know, i've done it.

(so all this publicity on the bible code is just another way for religions to get more people to come to there church and donate... sorry that was uncalled for... do i really believe that? no, but it was fun to say.)
winterborne

(so all this publicity on the bible code is just another way for religions to get more people to come to there church and donate... sorry that was uncalled for... do i really believe that? no, but it was fun to say.)

No, not for the churches. Its more for the people who write the books and managed to fool a few sects of Christianity into believing. The church itself may gain from it, but at the same time they are not part of it in a corrupted fashion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff