Welcome to Gaia! ::

Not all monotheists are openminded either rolleyes People are people.
bluewolfcub
Not all monotheists are openminded either rolleyes People are people.

I know this... but I'm a horrible person because I claim I'm wiccan, yet I do not quite believe all they do because I was raised by animism (what native americans practice, sorry if you already knew) and wicca... so my veiws are a bit different... though they are supposed to be open minded... I don't get it..
Openminded doesn't mean abandoning common sense. What you're saying is akin to saying that someone doesn't believe the sky is green just because you think it is.
Wicca, as far as I've learned, is not a mix & match kind of religion. It's not loosely defined; it's quite structured, as say, catholicism or whatever. So if you claim some wiccan beliefs and mix them with some others, you're not really wiccan, you just share some of the beliefs. What you are is pagan.

And they didn't say you were a horrible person!
bluewolfcub
Openminded doesn't mean abandoning common sense. What you're saying is akin to saying that someone doesn't believe the sky is green just because you think it is.
Wicca, as far as I've learned, is not a mix & match kind of religion. It's not loosely defined; it's quite structured, as say, catholicism or whatever. So if you claim some wiccan beliefs and mix them with some others, you're not really wiccan, you just share some of the beliefs. What you are is pagan.

I am trying to get closer to Wiccan... I want to know exactly how they lead their lives... and I know about "their" beliefs.... but compared to everyone esle I know who is "true" Wiccan, still a lot they are saying is un-true... but whatever I really don't care what a whole bunch of 14 year old know it alls have to say on an online forum...
DeesseEnMetal18

I am trying to get closer to Wiccan... I want to know exactly how they lead their lives... and I know about "their" beliefs.... but compared to everyone esle I know who is "true" Wiccan, still a lot they are saying is un-true... but whatever I really don't care what a whole bunch of 14 year old know it alls have to say on an online forum...

No need to be snippy. And you'll find most of the regulars here are 14+, some twice that.

A note, by the way: the religion is Wicca, the followers are Wiccan.
Apparently.

Yes there are a lot of people who claim they're wiccan and don't have the first clue about it, which is why they get pounced on here. Just have to read the right books and such.
bluewolfcub
DeesseEnMetal18

No need to be snippy. And you'll find most of the regulars here are 14+, some twice that.

Apparently.

Yes there are a lot of people who claim they're wiccan and don't have the first clue about it, which is why they get pounced on here. Just have to read the right books and such.

I know a bit about it, not everything, but a bit saying I was raised around it, but some how I am still wrong... whatever...
bluewolfcub
DeesseEnMetal18

Apparently.

Wiccan is a adjective usage.

Gardner called memebers Wicca (plural noun, possibly also singular). It's also an acceptable use.
Only because of what I said. If you only take a few of its beliefs, you're not really a wiccan, that's all. And as I said, just read up on it more.
bluewolfcub
Only because of what I said. If you only take a few of its beliefs, you're not really a wiccan, that's all. And as I said, just read up on it more.

I have and I understand but there are a lot of branches of Wicca believe it or not... So I'm studying up on all of them, and then deciding on which one fits better for me.. its all the same beliefs, just different ways to practice..
Nuri

Why must I be PC, I meant men as in mankind, as in the collective whole of the world.

Perhaps, responding to my points, rather than picking on my ability to see past PC language and revert to a more classical approach to the language.

Whee! You are my friend! I hate that PC so often takes the place of grammer! But I digress...

Silverah
Yeah, possibly.

I'm just trying to get my noggin around that for my religion to be right, another one has to be wrong, which then creates a paradox.

Why does it create a parodox? Maybe another religion IS wrong. Maybe we're all wrong. Maybe you're right and I'm wrong. You're not stepping on anyone's toes if you believe in something. In this world, there are realities, and there are non-realities. Why not believe in what makes sense to you until you find something that makes more sense? Or forever; whichever happens first.
Sorry guys for all the posts made by "me". That wasn't me. This is the first time I have been online on gaia since Wendsday. I don't know who it was who was making those posts.. but I have my suspsions.... So Sorry All!
AlieraShathe
It would explain everything ...

... except the popularity of Stargate. ; )
Not really. Stargates story is basicaly based on all sorts of anchinet religions. I have yet to see Celtic or Norse but Greece and Kemet have been used quite a bit. I bet we'll see a Jesus reference some where soon...Though how would they explain the bible....
DeesseEnMetal18
bluewolfcub

I am 19 and I work with a Coven when I can. Even if they are young, their age doenst matter when they have solid proof that what is said is not wicca. There is nothing wrong with takig a book by Cunningham or Buckland and using that fornyour practice as long as you dont call yourself wiccan. you must be initatetd to be wiccan. ONce your initatited and know the first secrets then you can call yourself wiccan. Until then not at all.
Shinji-Katawane
AlieraShathe
It would explain everything ...

... except the popularity of Stargate. ; )
Not really. Stargates story is basicaly based on all sorts of anchinet religions. I have yet to see Celtic or Norse but Greece and Kemet have been used quite a bit. I bet we'll see a Jesus reference some where soon...Though how would they explain the bible....

erm...I don't know how much Stargate you watch, but Norse gods appear in Season 1...I'm watching my friend's DVD's and am only on Season 2, but there have already been 2 episodes w/ Thor...it's probably a matter of time until I see Celtic gods used.

I thought of the Jesus/Tok'ra/Goa'uld thing during Ash Wednesday.... I was at the school mass (Catholic school, but I'm not Catholic) and I saw everyone getting ashes marked on their forehead, and it reminded me of the first-level tattoos of allegiance...XD It does explain a lot of things about Jesus...
Silverah
Hear me out.

So I've got this theory that God likes wearing masks. One and he's Male. Another and he's female. He's Allah. He's Jesus. He's Budha. He's Krishna. He's Ra. He's YHVH/Adonai. He's whatever you want him to be. It's all facets the same God, so no religion is wrong at it's core. Even Polytheist religions can be right with my theory.

So. Does anyone agree?

I agree ^-^ My teacher at school pointed out something that helped me realize this. Polytheist religions and monotheist religions are the same; there's one God. Yes, I know that polytheist religions have more than one god, but all those gods serve one god. It's the same with monotheist religions, although they don't call them gods. For example, looking at christians, Jesus, priests, prophets, etc. serve one god. So, I think that this means there is only one god (this is looking from a religious point of vie, not my own - I don't believe in 'god') but we call it differently, that's all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff