Welcome to Gaia! ::

SlaineWildfire
Silverah
Hear me out.

So I've got this theory that God likes wearing masks. One and he's Male. Another and he's female. He's Allah. He's Jesus. He's Budha. He's Krishna. He's Ra. He's YHVH/Adonai. He's whatever you want him to be. It's all facets the same God, so no religion is wrong at it's core. Even Polytheist religions can be right with my theory.

So. Does anyone agree?

That's pretty much how Monolatry is, which is what I believe in. Basically, the Self Created One is both all Gods and one God, all at the same time. The facets of the Self Created One help us to understand better the true nature of the One.
Yet every god has a differnt personality.. how is this possibl?

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
Shinji-Katawane
SlaineWildfire
Silverah
Hear me out.

So I've got this theory that God likes wearing masks. One and he's Male. Another and he's female. He's Allah. He's Jesus. He's Budha. He's Krishna. He's Ra. He's YHVH/Adonai. He's whatever you want him to be. It's all facets the same God, so no religion is wrong at it's core. Even Polytheist religions can be right with my theory.

So. Does anyone agree?

That's pretty much how Monolatry is, which is what I believe in. Basically, the Self Created One is both all Gods and one God, all at the same time. The facets of the Self Created One help us to understand better the true nature of the One.

Because we're only human beings. We naturally filter and process and store and label and organize. It just makes us feel better to know that there's some sort of organization to our world. And when we assign names to different personality traits, we tend to see the world through the human filter instead of the God filter, and we feel that these differences are irreconsilable.

But the nature of the Self Created One is difficult to understand, and that is why the One manifests itself in different forms, so that we can more clearly understand all of what it truly is. As I said before, we see the world through our human eyes, our human filter, and by differentiating so distinctly through the Gods, we feel better about not being able to completely understand the nature of the Divine.

And I'm including myself in this, by the way. I know full well how it feels to feel the distinct personalities of the Self Created One. But as someone who is part of a multiple system, I can more understand, because I know what it's like to have someone who is both part of you and not part of you existing with you. It's very complicated... I wish that verbal and written language more adequately expressed what I am attempting to present.
I get the idea of what your trying to say, but I dont nessicarily believe it. It makes sence to me. Yet I still see every single God as an individual entity and that then makes every god in exhistance alive. They work with others and choose who they want to follow them which is why there are some many religions out there.
SlaineWildfire
Shinji-Katawane
SlaineWildfire
Silverah
Hear me out.

So. Does anyone agree?

Because we're only human beings. We naturally filter and process and store and label and organize. It just makes us feel better to know that there's some sort of organization to our world. And when we assign names to different personality traits, we tend to see the world through the human filter instead of the God filter, and we feel that these differences are irreconsilable.

But the nature of the Self Created One is difficult to understand, and that is why the One manifests itself in different forms, so that we can more clearly understand all of what it truly is. As I said before, we see the world through our human eyes, our human filter, and by differentiating so distinctly through the Gods, we feel better about not being able to completely understand the nature of the Divine.

And I'm including myself in this, by the way. I know full well how it feels to feel the distinct personalities of the Self Created One. But as someone who is part of a multiple system, I can more understand, because I know what it's like to have someone who is both part of you and not part of you existing with you. It's very complicated... I wish that verbal and written language more adequately expressed what I am attempting to present.

Ah! Yes, I used to believe that, as well, for a while, though I didn't know the term for it, really. But then I started developing personal relationships with deities, and...now it no longer works for me. I understand it, and it does make sense (or, at least, it made sense to me when I believed it), but now it no longer works for me, and I'm a hard polytheist.
Slaine, are the gods and goddess of other pantheons also considered aspects of the Netjer?
Fiddlers Green
Slaine, are the gods and goddess of other pantheons also considered aspects of the Netjer?
I think she is saying that they are all part of the "self created one". I am a plytheist and I'm not sure if I'm a hard polytheists or not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff