Welcome to Gaia! ::

So true. I was thinking of joining Phoenix on Eldre Thalas with my priest before Wrath. She was Holy spec'd then and my spare healer for alt runs in my druid's guild. The GM of Phoenix is a good friend, but after doing a few pug runs with them, I couldn't join them. Their raids just seemed so stressful, and no one but the GM and raid leaders were allowed to talk. The healing lead kept sending me tells of what to do and I was like.. um.. I'm not a noob, and I know how to listen.. it was just so annoying. Especially since they treated me like I was clueless because my Alliance guild was ranked lower than theirs. Didn't mean I was an idiot, my Troll Elemental shaman on Elune was already in some T6 pieces, so I had far more raiding experience than they did.

The snobbishness that comes with high ranking guilds is just crap too. I'm sorry but when people who once were fun and friendly to hang with suddenly turn into stuck up bores that can't seem to get past their own egos and "guild leetness," ... it's time to come back down to the Azeroth earth and remember it is just a game and being in a good guild of raiding fanatics doesn't mean you gotta become an insta-jerk.
User Image
Yume wo mite Namida shite Kizutsuite mo . . .

Yeah, elitism is like a plague.

You can't talk during raids in our guild, as well. People will even get told to shut up and focus during trash, which was always frustrating and stupid to me. stare

. . . Genjitsu ha gamushara ni kurushi
User Image
On boss fights, we're usually quiet, but for the most part, we chat and just have a good time while raiding. Unless it's something new we're trying, then we're all focus. Really just depends on the raid boss we're going after though. If it's one we have on farm status, then pshh.. no worries, but if it's one we've been struggling with, then yeah.. we get pretty serious. But there's always that one run that happens now and then where no matter how focused we are, we mess up bad and the jokes to lighten our moods begin to fly.. there's some crazy people in my guild lol.. I'm one of them!

Heroic Traveler

10,600 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Halrenna
User Image
Yume wo mite Namida shite Kizutsuite mo . . .

Yeah, elitism is like a plague.

You can't talk during raids in our guild, as well. People will even get told to shut up and focus during trash, which was always frustrating and stupid to me. stare

. . . Genjitsu ha gamushara ni kurushi
User Image

159/40 i win again! smile
Happy Easter Everyone. No update today most likely. Hope Everyone enjoys there day!
Chuck Norris
please get out and never come back. god i hate those jokes.
My only concern with the thread is the first image is "Wrath of the Lich King" when it's not the actual game but the expansion. But it's a little nit pick, nothing more.
Bolotina_Da_Rogue

The Lich King checks for Chuck Norris under his bed every night

Heroic Traveler

10,600 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
sigh another failed puged forthehorde run...sigh
xX Le Duc Xx
My only concern with the thread is the first image is "Wrath of the Lich King" when it's not the actual game but the expansion. But it's a little nit pick, nothing more.
Bolotina_Da_Rogue

The Lich King checks for Chuck Norris under his bed every night

Chuck Norris is Saurfang's abandoned level 1 alt.

It looks like the hardcore raiding guilds are even less appealing than I had thought.
Methinks I'll stick with Crucial Order on my druid.
they never are unless you just want to have the best gear and have no fun.

Heroic Traveler

10,600 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
hey my guild is super fun but seriouse for raids, they forgive mistakes and care bout each other were a big happy family
My guild kills people.
And we love each other while doing it!
Wait... that sounds weird. Weirder than I meant it to.

Lawl, one day I'll get to 80 when I decide to use my free time on that instead of this or Soul Calibur. XD

Character name: Zkiel
Class: Mage
Usual spec: Arcane
Race: Blood Elf
Level: 41
Professions: Enchanting & Tailoring
Realm: Spinebreaker
Character name: Bipsy
Class: Shaman
Usual spec: Enhancement
Race: Draenei
Level: 80