Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone else feel like ADC's are quickly falling out of the current meta? I've noticed in a lot of matches unless you are Jinx or Lucian ADC's aren't contributing as much anymore. They still get the job done but because tank bruisers are so strong right now, unless they get fed early, they can't make to many game changing plays. Opinions on the current meta?

Generous Lover

The meta is an Assassin meta so thats probably why you see them falling out. ADCs can't play that well against a team composed of more than just one assassin

Friend

TehSadPandah
The meta is an Assassin meta so thats probably why you see them falling out. ADCs can't play that well against a team composed of more than just one assassin

Touching up a bit on this;

In the top lane the hypertanks are winning every single lane (Mundo, Skyvana) those two alone are capable of diving for the back line aswell as mid lane's popular picks consisting of Khazix (though commonly in the top lane) Ziggs, Zed and now Yasuo.

"In the 2014 NA/EU LCS, Yasuo had a 56.25% pick rate(NA) and over a 75% pick rate(EU) when the champions weren't picked, they were banned.

This solidifies how strong assassins are now. Unless you can have an organized well adjusted team comp willing to peel for you, you might be just s**t out of luck. In my opinion, the Tier 1 ADC's as of now are Vayne, Lucian and Jinx. All the other adc's are falling off, unable to keep up with the test of time; and a new meta.
rad and sad
Unless you can have an organized well adjusted team comp willing to peel for you, you might be just s**t out of luck. In my opinion, the Tier 1 ADC's as of now are Vayne, Lucian and Jinx. All the other adc's are falling off, unable to keep up with the test of time; and a new meta.

This is the point I'm trying to make. There it doesn't seem like there is any point in having an ADC anymore.

Noob

rad and sad
I haven't seen Vayne in competitive play. The only ADCs are Jinx, Lucian, Caitlyn and Sivir.

Idk maybe doublelift still plays her?

Shy Noob

9,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
ADC's just don't contribute as much as other lanes do now a days. It's mostly about the mid laner and jungler best those are usually the roamers of the game which causes action in games in soloque and competitively. Idk this is what I've noticed at least.

Fluffy Bear

I still see Lucian, Jinx, Draven, Sivir, and Caitlyn around. Occasionally MF or Vayne.

Esutohaimu Hope
I don't really play ADC's, but this friend I quoted does.

Mythical Wife

16,565 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Divorced 100
I love playing ADC. They're the one's who support with heavy fire/ long distance attacks while the melee get the hell outta there.

It's a good class and it levels everything out in gameplay, not everyone wants to be melee or magic, some want to use guns or arrows.
Esutohaimu Hope
I love playing ADC. They're the one's who support with heavy fire/ long distance attacks while the melee get the hell outta there.

It's a good class and it levels everything out in gameplay, not everyone wants to be melee or magic, some want to use guns or arrows.

You're missing the point, ADC's are getting phased out big time. Mostly because unless they have extraordinary farm or get fed early on and are allowed to roam they don't have a major impact on matches anymore. Melee, Fighters/Brawlers (e.g. Renekton, Vi, Pantheon, Riven), as well as, Mid Lanes with good roam/high burst (e.g. Akali, Zed, Kha'Zix, Katarina) are having the largest impacts on matches right now. The aforementioned unless played poorly scale into late game naturally and ADC's, unless played with some degree of skill, don't.

Lonely Lunatic

ADC'S are still some of the more toxic/influential roles in the game - people at lower elo seem to forget that this person sits at the back and shreds you, while their frontline tries to keep them alive. Other adc's aside fron jinx/lucian/cait/sivir aren't seen because they don't have the kit for the meta. They're still good, but it relies more heavily on team composition then. Jinx etc don't need a certain ideal team comp aside from "Give me a tank in front of me". It's not that adc's are falling off, it's the attention has shifted, and in most cases ignoring an adc results poorly for the enemy team - assuming you're good. Granted, if they have poor positioning, and an inability to last hit, it will have to make it to late game for them to shine more.

❤ Wants: Wishlist, Gold, Surprises.
Current Funds: 2m/????
User Image
Rose Villain
ADC'S are still some of the more toxic/influential roles in the game - people at lower elo seem to forget that this person sits at the back and shreds you, while their frontline tries to keep them alive. Other adc's aside fron jinx/lucian/cait/sivir aren't seen because they don't have the kit for the meta. They're still good, but it relies more heavily on team composition then. Jinx etc don't need a certain ideal team comp aside from "Give me a tank in front of me". It's not that adc's are falling off, it's the attention has shifted, and in most cases ignoring an adc results poorly for the enemy team - assuming you're good. Granted, if they have poor positioning, and an inability to last hit, it will have to make it to late game for them to shine more.

User Image

been playing a lot of Quinn and honestly her kit is phenomenal for the way things are playing out right now

Lonely Lunatic

Shcaabs
Rose Villain
“ ADC'S are still some of the more toxic/influential roles in the game - people at lower elo seem to forget that this person sits at the back and shreds you, while their frontline tries to keep them alive. Other adc's aside fron jinx/lucian/cait/sivir aren't seen because they don't have the kit for the meta. They're still good, but it relies more heavily on team composition then. Jinx etc don't need a certain ideal team comp aside from "Give me a tank in front of me". It's not that adc's are falling off, it's the attention has shifted, and in most cases ignoring an adc results poorly for the enemy team - assuming you're good. Granted, if they have poor positioning, and an inability to last hit, it will have to make it to late game for them to shine more. ”
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc126/HarryPotter_Mew/CreamTheKitten.gif

been playing a lot of Quinn and honestly her kit is phenomenal for the way things are playing out right now

Quinn's better seen top as a bruiser, imo. Botlane she either has to wreck early, or she gets dumpstered. Most other adc's can at least get back in it.

User Image
Rose Villain
Shcaabs
Rose Villain
“ ADC'S are still some of the more toxic/influential roles in the game - people at lower elo seem to forget that this person sits at the back and shreds you, while their frontline tries to keep them alive. Other adc's aside fron jinx/lucian/cait/sivir aren't seen because they don't have the kit for the meta. They're still good, but it relies more heavily on team composition then. Jinx etc don't need a certain ideal team comp aside from "Give me a tank in front of me". It's not that adc's are falling off, it's the attention has shifted, and in most cases ignoring an adc results poorly for the enemy team - assuming you're good. Granted, if they have poor positioning, and an inability to last hit, it will have to make it to late game for them to shine more. ”
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc126/HarryPotter_Mew/CreamTheKitten.gif

Quinn's better seen top as a bruiser, imo. Botlane she either has to wreck early, or she gets dumpstered. Most other adc's can at least get back in it.

User Image

I'll agree with that. But her mechanics make her such a threat so early on she seems to take off really well.

Business Businessman

6,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
ADCs won't be fazed out of the meta any time soon. They're your teams "constant" damage and a win condition. But it all comes down to skill.

Lonely Lunatic

Shcaabs

It's definitely a skill matchup. Personally, I love her almost as much as I do Shaco. I don't play her because of the fact that I'm not an adc main, so I'm usually going to lose laning phase if I don't play Caitlyn or someone who's well. Sort of a 'no fail'.

Current Funds: 13m/????
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out