Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Void abomination is your favorite?

Cho'Gath, the Terror of the Void 0.13855421686747 13.9% [ 184 ]
Kassadin, the Void Walker 0.079819277108434 8.0% [ 106 ]
Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss 0.19879518072289 19.9% [ 264 ]
Kha'Zix, the Voidreaver 0.17846385542169 17.8% [ 237 ]
Malzahar, the Prophet of the Void 0.17168674698795 17.2% [ 228 ]
Vel'Koz, the Eye of the Void 0.23268072289157 23.3% [ 309 ]
Total Votes:[ 1328 ]

Super Genius

8,600 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Cataclysm Theory
Uncle Kwaggy
Cataclysm Theory
To anybody who mains the support role:

Why do so few people play Karma? I bought her and picked her up on a whim and every game has been more than amazing. Her poke does a ton of damage, she's not uber mana hungry, and she has so much utility with so few items. There were 3+ times the last game that I played where their Vayne and Ali got the jump on us, Nocturne ulted in, and we both survived and picked up at least one kill. She's so great.

Comments?

While I personally view Karma as the best support ever, a few common complaints are:

1) Accidentally steals creeps with aforementioned amazing poke.
2) Her anchor doesn't apply damage to the direct target, making it unwieldy to most players, and even causes trouble for some experienced Karma veterans.
3) she "needs farm to be effective", but this one is an outright lie because her passive gives her boatloads of AP for free.
4) Her passive is counter-intuitive because it rewards a ******** champion for being right in the thick of things.

Man, that's why? From the two games I played none of those even feel like issues for me. My poke is incredible just building Philo Stone and Heart of Gold, plus the gold per 10 quints. A normal game, even where we lost, I racked up 10k gold with < 10 cs. As for the anchor thing, your job as a support shouldn't be about dealing damage. The FOREVER SLOW is good enough for initiations and chasing as it is and is just an amazingly well-done spell in general.

However, I will agree on the passive. It's not that amazing, but there are worse passives out there. So it makes you super sexy when you're low. I think it's probably much better for Karma because she can be REALLY tanky and sustainable. Anyhow /rant/ over xDD

I agree with you completely though! Her and Alistar are my favorite supports in the game now.

Honestly, her passive is REALLY good if you just grab a WotA, since the increased AP magnifies her damage by a lot, which means she spell vamps really hard, which means she gets back into safe ranges. It all gels really nicely with the rest of her kit.
Uncle Kwaggy
Cataclysm Theory
Uncle Kwaggy
Cataclysm Theory

Why do so few people play Karma? I bought her and picked her up on a whim and every game has been more than amazing. Her poke does a ton of damage, she's not uber mana hungry, and she has so much utility with so few items. There were 3+ times the last game that I played where their Vayne and Ali got the jump on us, Nocturne ulted in, and we both survived and picked up at least one kill. She's so great.

Comments?

While I personally view Karma as the best support ever, a few common complaints are:

1) Accidentally steals creeps with aforementioned amazing poke.
2) Her anchor doesn't apply damage to the direct target, making it unwieldy to most players, and even causes trouble for some experienced Karma veterans.
3) she "needs farm to be effective", but this one is an outright lie because her passive gives her boatloads of AP for free.
4) Her passive is counter-intuitive because it rewards a ******** champion for being right in the thick of things.

Man, that's why? From the two games I played none of those even feel like issues for me. My poke is incredible just building Philo Stone and Heart of Gold, plus the gold per 10 quints. A normal game, even where we lost, I racked up 10k gold with < 10 cs. As for the anchor thing, your job as a support shouldn't be about dealing damage. The FOREVER SLOW is good enough for initiations and chasing as it is and is just an amazingly well-done spell in general.

However, I will agree on the passive. It's not that amazing, but there are worse passives out there. So it makes you super sexy when you're low. I think it's probably much better for Karma because she can be REALLY tanky and sustainable. Anyhow /rant/ over xDD

I agree with you completely though! Her and Alistar are my favorite supports in the game now.

Honestly, her passive is REALLY good if you just grab a WotA, since the increased AP magnifies her damage by a lot, which means she spell vamps really hard, which means she gets back into safe ranges. It all gels really nicely with the rest of her kit.

Her passive is also sick if you play her as an AP mid. Just tried it on out Twisted Treeline (which doesn't count for much) and man, does she nuke. Put a deathfires on her and people drop haha. Also her heals get so scary.

Man-Hungry Fairy

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Full closet 200
Uncle Kwaggy

Do you think maybe we should add a PBE section to the first page? I know a lot of people have started signing up for it and it would be great to be able to play with other people we know. I don't have any friends on there so I figured it would be a good place for in-house custom games and such.

Not to mention, playing stuff before it's released is always fun. (:
Ranked disabled, life is over.

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
got 3 wins in a row last night and got one this morning, fells good man, but now i just know that someone is gonna rage in the next match and make me lose. stressed

Evante's Waifu

Healer

11,000 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Team Jacob 100
conveniently
xlX izzykitty Xlx
convenient
xlX izzykitty Xlx
Kyoto Tushoni
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22879413

Gaia Online Tourney.

I joined!
:3
but I hope I'm not working or whatever when it starts ;-;
izzyyy
it's discriminate 4laugh

The boy who never ranks on his main
lol
well im sorry i dont have a duo partner that can carry me unlike u crying

I solo'd until 1500
D:

Dapper Genius

6,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Cataclysm Theory
Her passive is also sick if you play her as an AP mid. Just tried it on out Twisted Treeline (which doesn't count for much) and man, does she nuke. Put a deathfires on her and people drop haha. Also her heals get so scary.

Speaking about nuking...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You don't know nuking 'til you've seen this. :>

Edit: No, not the Kog'Maw I was accidentally highlighting. <<

Tactical Tamer

Karma is a bit different of a support, but if you figure out how to play her right shes actually one of the better ones. Not to mention she has really good harass on her for a support early game if you max her shield first.

Dapper Regular

10,650 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Avun Shidino
Cataclysm Theory

Speaking about nuking...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You don't know nuking 'til you've seen this. :>

Edit: No, not the Kog'Maw I was accidentally highlighting. <<

nice surprised

Dangerous Friend

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
Cataclysm Theory

Comments?

I'll could give you the statistical version, and the truth.
Truth: She carries too damn hard.
A good support will make or break any ranked game
discuss

Tactical Tamer

Whispers of Darkness
discuss
I'm going to have to say it's true. Half the time I've lost a game it's because the other team had a better Support/AD carry combo.
Edward E!ric
Whispers of Darkness
discuss
I'm going to have to say it's true. Half the time I've lost a game it's because the other team had a better Support/AD carry combo.

indeed

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Whispers of Darkness
discuss

Having sat in the seat of the support, and in the carry multiple times, I've gotta agree. I've won more matches when I'm supporting even the most mediocre of AD Carries, than when I'm trying to carry 4 bads on my back from any lane.

Dangerous Friend

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
meh I'm getting on Aion to blow off some steam from league, I suck at hecarim and as usual yi takes a skill level of 1, so he just dunks everyone if not suppressed very very early.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff