Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Capitalist

3,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Captain Quesadilla
-QUATROPUS-
I'm looking for more Djent/Prog Metal! I don't have enough and have been listening to bands like Intervals, Widek, and Sirens for a while but I need more. Before recommending, these are the ones I currently listen to:

Angel Vivaldi, Ever Forthright, Intervals, Means End, Modern Day Babylon, Monuments, Outrun the Sunlight, Pomegranate Tiger, Scale the Summit, Sean Hall, Skyharbor, Sirens, TesseracT, and Widek.

You've got a lot of the recommendations that I'd usually make to others covered, haha.
Today I Caught The Plague, Polyphia, Gru, Mestis, Last Chance To Reason, Uneven Structure, Circles, and ForTiorI.

honestly, I'd just browse the djent/prog metal tags on bandcamp.

Already knew of Polyphia, Gru, Uneven Structure, and ForTiorI but props for the other recs.
-QUATROPUS-
Captain Quesadilla
-QUATROPUS-
I'm looking for more Djent/Prog Metal! I don't have enough and have been listening to bands like Intervals, Widek, and Sirens for a while but I need more. Before recommending, these are the ones I currently listen to:

Angel Vivaldi, Ever Forthright, Intervals, Means End, Modern Day Babylon, Monuments, Outrun the Sunlight, Pomegranate Tiger, Scale the Summit, Sean Hall, Skyharbor, Sirens, TesseracT, and Widek.

You've got a lot of the recommendations that I'd usually make to others covered, haha.
Today I Caught The Plague, Polyphia, Gru, Mestis, Last Chance To Reason, Uneven Structure, Circles, and ForTiorI.

Already knew of Polyphia, Gru, Uneven Structure, and ForTiorI but props for the other recs.

Just get it over with and listen to Gorguts, p***y.

Perfect Member

NaggerSabbath
-QUATROPUS-
Captain Quesadilla
-QUATROPUS-

Just get it over with and listen to GorgutsDemilich, p***y.
-QUATROPUS-

Although they've already been recommended, I feel the need to reiterate Periphery. Next would be Karnivool, especially their album Sound Awake.

Also, I don't know how popular he is, but I would highly suggest listening to Plini. Here's a link to his bandcamp/my favorite song of his as of yet:

Plini - Tarred & Feathered

Friendly Friend

anything come out recently in the stoner metal scene that's worth a listen?

Desirable Raider

8,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
real los angeles

You might wanna try Ponamero Sundown, Burner and Palm Desert if you haven't yet.

Zealot

Kriegwolf
real los angeles

You might wanna try Ponamero Sundown, Burner and Palm Desert if you haven't yet.

Good recs. Just gonna add a couple while I got the spare time.

Rainbows Are Free
Tsar Bomba
Radar Men From the Moon
King Buffalo
Mantra Machine

Greedy Genius

I've been in this genre since I was in middle school and right about now, I think I've listened to every band at least once, and now I'm stuck to the ones I really love. A poster brought up Notcurnus earlier and reminded me of the old days when I barely ran out of stuff to listen to. I'm looking for old technical death metal specifically. Bands that keep it straight forward with the tech death. None of that, " Well here's a mellow solo for you " .... I really don't want that. I like Decrepit Birth. They do that but right now, Decrepit Birth is a favorite. Decrepit Birth and Fleshgod Apocalypse. So if you know of anything new that's doing technical death metal right, I'd appreciate it. Right now I'm in a shell that doesn't want to get out of Hour of Penance, Decrepit Birth, and Fleshgod. Don't tell me what I'm listening to is S**t , if you think so , just give me something better. I want things from later 2010-2013. Bands and albums that just did it right. Thanks.

Manly Girl

8,725 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
-QUATROPUS-
Captain Quesadilla
-QUATROPUS-

Check out Volumes. .
Draomere
Khet
:O Don't forget Falkenbach.
Who is more of a Viking Metal band that I don't include with Black/Folk as most (if not all) Black/Folk is influenced by Slavic folk rather than Scandinavian folk which is the folk influence in Viking Metal. surprised

I actually looked that music up not bad biggrin

Manly Girl

8,725 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
Looking for some good new prog metal. Think between the buried and me, dir en grey, born of osiris, etc.

Manly Girl

8,725 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
mazdaboy07
Draomere
Khet
:O Don't forget Falkenbach.
Who is more of a Viking Metal band that I don't include with Black/Folk as most (if not all) Black/Folk is influenced by Slavic folk rather than Scandinavian folk which is the folk influence in Viking Metal. surprised

I actually looked that music up not bad biggrin

If you're doing folk/viking metal, listen to eluveitie. No metal band is complete without a hurdy gurdy and pennywhistle.

Enduring Phantom

Recommend me black metal/ambient because they moved my thread and apparently I'm supposed to come here

Although I sincerely doubt ANYONE comes here considering there hasn't been a post in this thread since January 22nd and it's now February the 6th; The last recommendation was made 2 months ago on December 7th neutral
pallbearer
Recommend me black metal/ambient because they moved my thread and apparently I'm supposed to come here

Although I sincerely doubt ANYONE comes here considering there hasn't been a post in this thread since January 22nd and it's now February the 6th; The last recommendation was made 2 months ago on December 7th neutral
Sol & Blóðtrú - Old Europa Death Chants, The Earth Rises All Green

if you can't find them, i'll hook you up. super good

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas