Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something like Sui Caedere's Threne.

Also something like Tsjuder's Desert Northern Hell.
I would like to recommend Carach Angren.

Dutch Symphonic Black Metal. They are truely epic with their lyrical styles and how they play.
Everyone should go check them out.

Profitable Prophet

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
hey i went to the newbie metal thread to check out some prog metal and i listened to dream theater. i really enjoyed them but i did not enjoy queensryche or fates warning. can anyone suggest to me any prog metal like dream theater?

Saw them live with Drowning Pool and they are pretty amazing.

Dapper Capitalist

3,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I'm looking for more Djent/Prog Metal! I don't have enough and have been listening to bands like Intervals, Widek, and Sirens for a while but I need more. Before recommending, these are the ones I currently listen to:

Angel Vivaldi, Ever Forthright, Intervals, Means End, Modern Day Babylon, Monuments, Outrun the Sunlight, Pomegranate Tiger, Scale the Summit, Sean Hall, Skyharbor, Sirens, TesseracT, and Widek.

Liberal Lunatic

-QUATROPUS-
I'm looking for more Djent/Prog Metal! I don't have enough and have been listening to bands like Intervals, Widek, and Sirens for a while but I need more. Before recommending, these are the ones I currently listen to:

Angel Vivaldi, Ever Forthright, Intervals, Means End, Modern Day Babylon, Monuments, Outrun the Sunlight, Pomegranate Tiger, Scale the Summit, Sean Hall, Skyharbor, Sirens, TesseracT, and Widek.
Periphery for djent and prog! C: heart

Liberal Lunatic

Hi! I hope you can help me. heart

instrument wise:
+ good musical complexity/ difficulty
+ prefer technical thrash & technical death > progressive & melodic metal (although the heavier Dream Theater albums were nice)
+ enjoyed Revocation, Caphaurnaum, Periphery and After The Burial

vocal wise:
+ ideally no clean vocals
+ thick, rough, intelligible screams (i.e. rEVOLVEr )
+ scream > growl

Liberal Voter

8,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
Recommend me a Dream Theater song. (Your favorite one, probably)

I want to listen to Dream Theater but their songs are pretty long and don't have a lot of time for music so...here I am, asking for one or two of the best Dream Theater songs.

Omnipresent Smoker

13,375 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Tycoon 200
-QUATROPUS-

I was really surprised I didnt see Meshuggah on there. They claim to have coined "djent"

Omnipresent Smoker

13,375 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Tycoon 200
I really enjoy tech/prog death metal bands with lyrics of satanic influence. Examples would be: Aeon, Belphegor, or Thy Art is Murder. I don't really care for black metal though. Bands that you'd suggest?

Dapper Capitalist

3,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
tonyisgonetomorrow
-QUATROPUS-

I was really surprised I didnt see Meshuggah on there. They claim to have coined "djent"

Use to be really big into Meshuggah, haven't really listened to them in a long time.

Greedy Consumer

An instrumental speedcore mathcore combination.

Hygienic Raider

A good black metal or darkwave band?

Zealot

AstridArsenic
A good black metal or darkwave band?

Some black metal:

Tha-Norr
Darkspace
Zahrim
Astral Aeon
Satanochio
Heretoir
Satan's Almighty p***s
-QUATROPUS-

You've got a lot of the recommendations that I'd usually make to others covered, haha.
Today I Caught The Plague, Polyphia, Gru, Mestis, Last Chance To Reason, Uneven Structure, Circles, and ForTiorI.

honestly, I'd just browse the djent/prog metal tags on bandcamp.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff