Luna Thoth
Mother ******** Disney Metal.

Then why are you here?

Hygienic Humorist

AriaTracinya
Luna Thoth

Then why are you here?

If you don't like Disney there is some thing wrong with you.
Luna Thoth
AriaTracinya
Luna Thoth

Then why are you here?

Lol and no, I don't like Disney. smile

ObsidianKing's Darling

Naughty Vampire

16,025 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Urgh! I wish I could update the first post on here myself. If I could I would take over and be updating on whats been happening.
Luna Thoth
AriaTracinya
Luna Thoth

Then why are you here?

Haha, I have to agree XD And, their new album reminds me of the likes of the Haunted Mansion and Nightmare Before Christmas and such :O

I adore their stuff with their old singer, but I still listen to their new stuff off and on. Plus, I have a whole lot of respect for Nightwish, seeing as they are the reason I got into metal (along with Vampire Hunter D...Because when I was 13 I was being cheap and trying to watch Bloodlust on youtube, and accidentally clicked on this AMV):

I remember thinking it was a guy singing at first, and being all like, "Weeeeeeeeeeeeird....." *hurr durrr*

Then, I saw their live rendition of "The Phantom of the Opera," a story which I had been intrigued with since I was a child and my mother went to go see the musical, bringing back a cd of the original London cast. Since I already loved watching musicals like "Cats" and "Les Miserables," I loved it. I loved listening to it and trying to figure out with my young mind what all was going on, and the eerie feeling and goosebumps it cast over me left me paralyzed. By middle school, I was reading all the books and going through all the movies. Then, the newest movie based on the musical was released, and I went to go see it. My obsession was pretty ridiculous, actually XD. Because of that, I got into classical music and started listening to songs from operas such as "Carmen," "Madama Butterfly," and "Faust." Needless to say, the fact that they sang "The Phantom of the Opera" gave them instant win-points in my book.

So yeah, I'm still heavily into theater, and into metal, aaaand, since we're still on the topic of Nightwish, I'll post some of my favorite songs by them. Good day!

4,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
Nightwish is amazing. I miss Tarja though. sad
I am honestly not picky about the lead singer. I think they are both very talented. It just depends on my mood. Tarja has that beautiful tone of silk, while I usually listen to Anette for a more rebelious tone. Either way, I get Tuomas. rolleyes

4,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
I actually found out about Nightwish through Marco Heitalla's band Tarot. I will always live Marco. He has an amazing voice as well.
I hated the whole Tarja vs. Annette battles that were going on. Both are amazing singers!
Example - Amaranth features Annette's beautiful vocal range
Nemo - One of Tarja's best

4,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
I'm not saying that Anette isn't an amazing singer. smile . I really love her as well especially on the newest album. It was just a huge change from Tarja to Anette. I love both of them though. smile

Fashionable Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Hygienic 200
Quit buying into the politics and just listen to the goddamn music. My 2 favorite albums are Oceanborn and Imaginaerum.

I don't give two ******** about the Tarja vs. Anette nonsense.
True.
We can't compare Tarja and Anette - one of them has classical voice, and the second one is just different, more delicate and higher. Think what you want, but I like both of them.
Also, Imaginaerum rocks!

4,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
It does rock. smile . It is probably my new favorite album. smile . It's hard to pick a favorite album of Nightwish cause there's SO many! biggrin

Invisible Prophet

7,000 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ohhh gosh, Nightwish is amazing. I've only heard one or two of their songs because I never got around to looking them up more. An ex of mine introduced me to them. Nemo? A work of ART! That song makes me cry almost EVERY time. So deep and so metaphorical...dflgkhdgk they are lovely.

Sooo does anyone want to reccommend some especially good songs for me to look up on youtube?
Hey did you guys hear that Oceansouls of America is having a shirt design contest for the North American tour?

You could win a copy of Imaginaerum signed by the entire band?

I'd enter but I have no luck with art.
But I'm excited to see what design wins since I plan on getting that shirt and wearing it to the show in OKC!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff