Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hem Kahn
If another person says Viking Metal isn't real and it's to do with lyrics, just because some arsewipes say s**t like Amon Amarth is Viking Metal, I'm going to ******** vomit.
WHAT THA ******** IS THAT
THAT IS MADE UP BULLSHIT
Zephlix
THAT IS MADE UP BULLSHIT

Go listen to ******** Einherjer.
em...yah know what? Just ignore me... sweatdrop

Edited: I just answered my own question...so yeah... sweatdrop
Damien98
gakihime
Mistress Dawn
gakihime

Subliminal Verses, despite what "if its not hard its not METUL!!11!" people think, is the closest thing to Metal they've yet to put out.

They still have yet to produce a Metal song, though.

well yea, thats true. especially since they have those acoustic songs. that album is the least heavy from all of their stuff.
Acoustic guitars have nothing to do with if they're metal or not. You will find quite a few acoustic guitars in Doom Metal.

i agree with Damien98 acoustic guitars have nothing do with it, in fact i very much enjoy them in songs, as long as they don't sound like campfire crap heh
Where are metalcore and fusion in all of this?
Hi there,

When it comes to music I dont usually just stick with one style. I like what I like, so I listen to it. When people ask what music I like I say a few bands and they call me a metal-head. I stopped asking why when I realised they all gave me the same answer; "Cause all those bands are metal!"

So I came to realise that; I like metal. Now I dont know much about metal's history, so I found the first post very interesting and useful. But I still dont know that much sweatdrop

So if someone who thinks they know alot about metal could tell me what genre these bands are;

Slipknot
Linkin Park (Some people i've asked call this 'nu-metal')
System of a Down
Disturbed
Marilyn Manson
Rammstein

Now like I said, I dont know much about metal. So if some of these bands arnt what you consider metal then dont jump on me. I didnt come in here to piss anybody off.

I would appreciate some help 3nodding
The people who called you a metalhead don't know what they're talking about, because you don't listen to Metal. 3nodding
Hem Kahn
Zephlix
THAT IS MADE UP BULLSHIT

Go listen to ******** Einherjer.
heart
Lobez

Slipknot
Linkin Park (Some people i've asked call this 'nu-metal')
System of a Down
Disturbed
Marilyn Manson
Rammstein

I will try to be of some assistance to you.

SlipKnoT(Taken from the official site): Hard to explain, but let's put it this way: they're a band that fuses elements taken from hardcore (ie. aggressive vocals, heavy chunks of distortion), goregrind (ie. blast beats, gore imagery), and modern rock. They're not metal, and they're certainly not plain hard rock either.

Linkin Park, Disturbed: Some people were right about that. They are nu-metal, which is alterative rock that carries little to no smiliarities to actual genres of metal.

As for Marylin Manson, I can almost say it's gothic rock, but I am not too sure. I don't know what genre Rammstein belongs to (I guess alongside with Laibach).

Anyway, this is quite a nice guide, but I have a question, what about what was come to be known as "avant garde metal"? Now hold your "bullshit!"s back for a second. I have listened to only Ephel Duath, and so far, all I can say is it has black metal influences that come through loud and clear on the progressive-metalish structure which remains to be incredibly experimental.
Blue Bastarache
what about what was come to be known as "avant garde metal"?

Well, it's not technically a sub-genre anyway. It's just bands that take a lot from many genres, such as jazz, blues and such, aswell as Metal, obviously. People just find a lot of these bands hard to define due to the amount of genres they incorporate into their music, so call them "avant-garde".
Blue Bastarache
As for Marylin Manson, I can almost say it's gothic rock, but I am not too sure. I don't know what genre Rammstein belongs to (I guess alongside with Laibach).

<center>Marilyn Manson and Rammstein are both Industrial Rock.</center>
Bi Lover Boy

I've heard Manson called both Industrial Rock and Gothic Rock and fans of both genres hate people who say that, because he's neither. He's Industrial influenced Alternative Rock.
Hem Kahn
Bi Lover Boy

I've heard Manson called both Industrial Rock and Gothic Rock and fans of both genres hate people who say that, because he's neither. He's Industrial influenced Alternative Rock.

<center>Sorry... sweatdrop So he's the same genre as Static-X and Spineshank?</center>
Bi Lover Boy
<center>Sorry... sweatdrop So he's the same genre as Static-X and Spineshank?</center>

Practically, though both those bands are badly Metal influenced and use a s**t load more distortion than Manson. Those bands can be called "Nu-Metal", while Manson can't.
Hem Kahn
Bi Lover Boy

Practically, though both those bands are badly Metal influenced and use a s**t load more distortion than Manson. Those bands can be called "Nu-Metal", while Manson can't.

<center>Okay... so he's more like Rob Zombie and PM5K?</center>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces