Bi Lover Boy
<center>Okay... so he's more like Rob Zombie and PM5K?</center>

Yes.
Hem Kahn
Bi Lover Boy
<center>Okay... so he's more like Rob Zombie and PM5K?</center>

Yes.

<center>Okay, thanks! 3nodding

Not that it matters, because Manson sucks, but I wanted to get that cleared up.
</center>
Um, is metalcore still accepted in this forum, or has it been kicked out?
Element_man
Um, is metalcore still accepted in this forum, or has it been kicked out?

The more Metallic Metalcore bands like The Red Chord and Through The Eyes Of The Dead are allowed, though overall, Metalcore doesn't belong here.
well, my favourite Metalcore bands are Avenged Sevenfold and Killswitch Engage. Killswitch sems fairly metallic to me, and some of Avenged's new songs seem more metallic than some of their older stuff.
is there a diference between metalcore and malacore(hope i spelled it rite)
alot of bands that are called metalcore are sometimes called malacore so i was wondering. sad

Question aimed at Hem Kahn
Disciple_of_Metal
is there a diference between metalcore and malacore(hope i spelled it rite)
alot of bands that are called metalcore are sometimes called malacore so i was wondering. sad

Question aimed at Hem Kahn

Mallcore was originally a term used for the kids who hung around in malls wearing Slipknot and Korn type hoodies who thought they were listening to "extreme" music. Due to practically all of those bands being Nu-Metal, the word mallcore was eventually used as an alternative name to "Nu-Metal" so people wouldn't have to use a name that had "Metal" in it, which confused people, making them believe these bands were actually Metal.

Metalcore is a crossover genre which mixes both modern Hardcore and Metal, usually being closer to modern Hardcore than Metal, even though some bands are much more metallic, enough to be considered mostly Metal. This can be compared to the Crossover genre of the late 80's and early 90's in the way it mixes both genres, yet it usually technically neither.
Hem Kahn
Mallcore was originally a term used for the kids who hung around in malls wearing Slipknot and Korn type hoodies who thought they were listening to "extreme" music. Due to practically all of those bands being Nu-Metal, the word mallcore was eventually used as an alternative name to "Nu-Metal" so people wouldn't have to use a name that had "Metal" in it, which confused people, making them believe these bands were actually Metal.

<center>That's a good definition, and you clearly know what you're talking, but I've got a question: If mallcore is Nu Metal, why is it used for bands like Pantera, Slayer, and Morbid Angel?

And what about Nu Metal bands that have a smaller following, such as Ill Nino, Spineshank, and Stereomud?
</center>
Bi Lover Boy
<center>That's a good definition, and you clearly know what you're talking, but I've got a question: If mallcore is Nu Metal, why is it used for bands like Pantera, Slayer, and Morbid Angel?

And what about Nu Metal bands that have a smaller following, such as Ill Nino, Spineshank, and Stereomud?
</center>

Well, there are people who still use "mallcore" to describe anything that has become popular with mallcore kiddies, so Pantera, Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Children Of Bodom, most Metalcore and even Opeth have been described as such, though Morbid Angel is really not a band I would have expected to be called "mallcore". Overall, there are some who use it that way, though most use it to mean Nu-Metal.

Bands like Ill Nino and Spineshank are definately still considered mallcore and I never considered either to have a smaller following, though when compared to Slipknot or Korn, then yes, I guess they're a little less popular. Stereomud would be considered mallcore aswell if you're asking someone who described any Nu-Metal band as mallcore, aswell as those who consider anything popular as mallcore I would amagine. Mostly people either think "anything popular amongst mallcore kids + Nu-Metal in general = mallcore" or "Nu-Metal = mallcore. Metal bands that are popular amongst mallcore kids aren't mallcore."
Edit: ********, my original reply just appeared. Stupid Gaia.
Hem Kahn
Morbid Angel is really not a band I would have expected to be called "mallcore".

<center>I meant to say Cannibal Corpse, not Morbid Angel... sweatdrop </center>
Bi Lover Boy

Well, they're pretty popular amongst mallcore kids who happened to watch Ace Ventura, so yeah, they're considered mallcore by those people who consider any band with a biggish mallcore following as mallcore.
Hem Kahn
Bi Lover Boy

Well, they're pretty popular amongst mallcore kids who happened to watch Ace Ventura, so yeah, they're considered mallcore by those people who consider any band with a biggish mallcore following as mallcore.

<center>Actually, it's mostly because the kids love to scare their parents with the gore lyrics and indeciferable (sp?) vocals of Chris and Corpsegrinder.</center>
Hem Kahn
Bi Lover Boy
<center>Marilyn Manson and Rammstein are both Industrial Rock.</center>

I've heard Manson called both Industrial Rock and Gothic Rock and fans of both genres hate people who say that, because he's neither. He's Industrial influenced Alternative Rock.
manson is a sellout
GnarKillExtreme
Hem Kahn
Bi Lover Boy
<center>Marilyn Manson and Rammstein are both Industrial Rock.</center>

I've heard Manson called both Industrial Rock and Gothic Rock and fans of both genres hate people who say that, because he's neither. He's Industrial influenced Alternative Rock.
manson is a sellout

<center>How exactly?</center>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas