Friendly Friend

8,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
ILYnaut
??

Yea... I live there. rolleyes
question question that's what she said.louisina is a nice place i want to live there. heart
kimiko yuuki
ILYnaut
??

question question that's what she said.louisina is a nice place i want to live there. heart

No, you don't; trust me. This state is so far behind on just about EVERYthing. And it's not like everything is New Orleans and Mardi Gras.

Seriously, if I ever get another opportunity to leave this state, I'm taking it.

Shameless Tipper

18,225 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100
Sea-Salt Ice Cream
kimiko yuuki
ILYnaut
??

No, you don't; trust me. This state is so far behind on just about EVERYthing. And it's not like everything is New Orleans and Mardi Gras.

Seriously, if I ever get another opportunity to leave this state, I'm taking it.

I love Louisiana, but the lack of decent programming jobs forced me to Texas.

Also, I absolutely refuse to live in New Orleans. It's fun for the weekend but definitely not someplace I wanna live.

Chatty Lunatic

10,475 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
.......um I like it here emo

Edit: I don't know where I would move too if I had the opportunity but my roots are here and hopefully things will get better. -semi optimistic smile-
rofl Whoo!!!!!!!

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
I moved back a year ago due to not wanting to move again and the family lives here. *shrugs*
It's not the greatest state, but it's home. What can I say?

Obsessive Kitten

I've lived in Louisiana since I was a year and a half old. First in New Orleans, then Baton Rouge after Katrina.

Yes there are a lot of faults with the state, but tell me one state or country that doesn't. Some cities/towns are better than others in regards to certain things, others are worse. For instance I've seen more crime here in BR than I ever did living in New Orleans and I was living in an area supposedly known for its gang activity.

The thing for me that overrides all of the bull is the culture that steeped here. More than Mardi Gras it's the traditions, the history, and the friendliness of most folks. I've been all around the US in travels and never have I been anywhere else where I could stand in line in a grocery store and end up in a conversation with the person in front of or behind me like we were old friends. You get treated like family.

Honestly I couldn't imagine myself living anywhere else because I know wherever I go I'd still see the same low points, and I'd miss the high points.

Partying Streaker

i live in MS.
hail state?
(:
I used to live there. Way too humid for my liking. summers there were absolute hell, with the high heat AND humidity

Obsessive Kitten

MillKitten
I used to live there. Way too humid for my liking. summers there were absolute hell, with the high heat AND humidity

That's basically the whole south for you. Though thankfully we very very rarely hit temps like Texas and Arizona, and that's dry heat. I'm an asthmatic and I can get through a 90+ degree summer day fairly well despite sweating like it's going out of style.

2,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
ILYnaut
??

I really liked it there when I was there. has much been fixed since katrina or is there still a lot of stuff that needs to be built up?

Obsessive Kitten

JCKindredthe1st
ILYnaut
??

I really liked it there when I was there. has much been fixed since katrina or is there still a lot of stuff that needs to be built up?

It depends on where you go. Places like Kenner and Metairie and better parts of downtown New Orleans are pretty much back from Katrina. Rarely will you see a blue tarp still in place. Metairie's had a lot of construction done to it as far as the highway that leads you into New Orleans, lots more overpasses. Uptown is pretty good, I just recently rode through there and you'd be surprised how well those revival and shotgun houses have endured.

The poorer areas like 9th Ward and such are where there's still homes that can't be used, places that never really recovered. I don't know about Slidell, I know my Godmother lived there before and the flooding was so bad it actually took a house off the foundation and moved it down the street. I know some people went back and rebuilt and I'm sure it's functioning but it was one of the hardest hit so I imagine it's still in the works and may never really recover.

A lot of people rebuilt, a lot of people left. Some things are the same, plenty more's different. I lived in Kenner for the longest time and now whenever I go through there for something I don't recognize half of what's there or not there.

Versatile Explorer

9,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
Lived in Lafayette for 4 years. With my grandpa and step-grandma. I loved it. Mainly the food. I love the food.
Im from new orleans. And if you think new orleans is behind, try arkansas... I learn pre algebra in 6th in new orleans.. but in arkansas . they had just started it in the 8th.. wtf? Not all neighborhoods in n.o are bad if thats what some were implying..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff