Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Datemate

8,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • First step to fame 200
Title: Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!,Watashi ga Mote Nai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
Rating: A
Genre: School Life, Shounen
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Fifteen-year-old Tomoko Kuroki believed that she would become popular upon entering high school because she'd become well-versed in the world of otome games. In reality, she finds that she has become an unsociable loner and she is forced to take a long hard look at herself for the first time in years. The story follows Tomoko as she attempts to improve her social status as she progresses through high school.

Your Rating for the Artwork: B
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: It's simple - sometimes very crappy.
But Tomoko looks cute and insane.
The backgrounds are drawn well and all the books etc.
There is a difference between characters.

Your Rating for the Story: A
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: Funny. Tomoko is cute but also such a psycho.
Everytimes she tries to change but it always ends up in a mess XD

Suggested for people who like: Like pervy girls, that play otome-games?
Title: Noragami
Rating: gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star gaia_star
Genre: Fantasy, Comedy
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Hiyori Iki was a regular middle school student until she was hit by a bus while trying to save the life of a jersey-wearing person named Yato. This incident causes her to transform into a half-phantom. Soon after she learns that Yato is a god, her life is never going to be the same again

Your Rating for the Artwork: A+
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Kawaii heart

Your Rating for the Story: A++
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: Unique and their will be always a funny part of the manga

Suggested for people who like: I sugggest this manga for those people who want to laugh and cry for some parts of the manga
thanks for the recomendation!! XD
I'd have to say Corpse Party. The second series Blood Covered or the first: Another Child. I don't want to give it all away, but it's about these students who think a charm created by a psychic or something will make it so they can always see each other. Instead of a positive outcome, they are all transported to a school created by the grudges of three children after they suffered brutal deaths; one had their eye taken out, another their tongue, and the youngest girl's upper jaw was cut off. Each class of students are in different dimensions in the school, so they cannot see friends from other classes, even if they're in the same room. This is a horror series, of course, and it's probably the most fudged up one you will ever see U.U
Title: Witch Hunter
Rating: Teens+
Genre: male-oriented action adventure
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Witches have started a war against humans, in an attempt to conquer the world. The last hope of humans are the Witch Hunter organization. The premise is that witches have "supporters," a second being that manifests their greatest powers, while powered humans have different abilities similar to superheroes.

Your Rating for the Artwork: B+
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Pretty good, though the faces are a big chibi-style at first. It gets better later on.

Your Rating for the Story: B
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: Rivetting story, though it is similar to others already seen.

Suggested for people who like: Not sure, maybe other manga involving witches?

Title: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Rating: Mature audiences
Genre: male-oriented action adventure
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: The story follows several generations of people with special powers, who are needed to fight ancient beings who want to conquer the world. The first people are vampire hunters using "ripple" power, while the next generations use "stand" power, similar to the "supporters" in Witch Hunter.

Your Rating for the Artwork: B
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: Uses realistic facial styles and proportions, but the perspective and body positions are often awkward, and the scenes are often cluttered.

Your Rating for the Story: B
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: Interesting, but sometimes too weird to digest easily.

Suggested for people who like: This manga was the inspiration for Street Fighter, King of Fighters and other stories with similar styles. Fist of the North Star is a contemporary.

Quotable Seeker

4,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Title: Genkaku Picasso
Rating: A-
Genre: Shonen (?) (I'm not really sure, I found the story in ShonenJump)
Basic Premise/Basic Plot: After surviving a helicopter crash, Hikari "Picasso" Hamura, has gained the ability to see and draw the darkness in peoples hearts. The pictures he draws act as portals for him and his dead friend, Chiaki, to enter their hearts and free them from the darkness.

Your Rating for the Artwork: A-
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: The lips are a neat look for the girls but pretty awkward boys, a lot of them are really....girly... Other than that, the art is where it stands out. The illustrations for the hearts of the characters are just beautiful.

Your Rating for the Story: B+
Your Opinion/Review of the Story: I love the idea of the story to death and the first book really got me hooked, however, the middle was creative but very repetitive. The End seemed a little rushed but I think it was a good way to end it. I just wish more time was spent on it.

Suggested for people who like: I think it is a great manga for someone who is into serial art or and artist themselves. Its a short series, only three books long.

Feline Friend

16,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • 20000 High Score 500
Title: Nousatsu Junkie or Charming Junkie
Author: Fukuyama Ryouko (Other of her mangas are Monokuro Shounen Shoujo and Fukumenkei Noise)
Rating: I think 12+?
There's nothing explicit, no bad language, it isn't too difficult to understand... But maybe the gender bender part might not be suitable for younger readers.
Genre: Shoujo, School Life, Gender Bender, Romance, Comedy
Basic Plot:
Naka Kaburagi has all the qualities a model can have, well, not really all. After being rejected by her senpai cause she can't smile like a flower and has a scary face, Naka is determined to get her revenge and to show her senpai that she can smile like a flower just like his female idol Umi Kajiwara. After failing her 19th audition, Naka accidentally bumps into this great Umi but wait..... What is this!? Umi is A MALE!!? To keep Naka's mouth shut, Umi gives her the job as his co-model. Always being together and sharing a dark secret, Naka's road to successful modeling has a lot of troubles to come... Especially when Naka and Umi started to feel funny whenever they are by each other's side....

My Rating for the Artwork: A
My Opinion of the Art:
I like it, I mean, it isn't a fantastic artwork that is moving, beautiful and super original. But it's cute and in my opinion it suits perfectly the story's mood. Every character is easy to distinguish from eachother, and they always wear different beautiful clothes.

My Opinion of the Story:
Well, it's my favourite shoujo manga and I've read over 400. I loved every single chapter since none were boring fillings. For me the best part of it is that it starts well, continues well (without dragging or losing the point) and has a nice ending that provides closure. Even if it seems simple, few mangas that are long accomplish that. Also, I find every character interesting specially the two main characters.
Suggested for people who like:
You could like it if you liked any of this gender bender or modeling manga: Tenshi Ja Nai!, Kuragehime, Kimi to Himitsu no Hanazono, Skip Beat, Shounen x Cinderella, Film Girl or Seiyuu Ka! I recomend it to people who like romantic shoujo manga and sadistic or tsundere male leads. Even if you have never liked a gender bender manga, I think you should give this one a try since the boy isn't really feminine and he has a reason to cross-dress.
Title: Bleach

Friendly Canine

5,350 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Title: Nichijou

Rating: A++

Plot Summary: While the title suggests a story of simple, everyday school life, the contents are more the opposite. The setting is a strange school where you may see the principal wrestle a deer or a robot's arm hide a rollcake. However there are still normal stories, like making a card castle or taking a test you didn't study for.

Overall an extremely funny anime.

This is just a short clip of one of the scenes

Invisible Informer

8,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Title:Shoukoku no Altair
Author/Artist: Katou Kotono
Rating: +15
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Shounen

Basic Premise/Basic Plot: Mahmut is a young Pasha serving on the general's council of Türkiye. The clouds of war are gathering over his country. With Türkiye's council split between the warmongers and the pacifists, Mahmut begins his quest to keep the peace at any cost. As he finds himself deeper and deeper in the politics of the ancient world, new enemies and allies surface. Who will prevail? What will Mahmut do if war proves to be inevitable?

Your Rating for the Artwork: A+
Your Opinion/Review of the Art: This manga has one of the most detailed art i've ever seen, and simply beautiful!

Your Opinion/Review of the Story: There were so many scheme happening here since the main character is the best strategic i've ever seen. The plot really well written with the relationship among characters, betrayal here and there but readers really need a deep understanding about the rules and laws since it's mainly talk about politic and war.

Suggested for people who like: Those who like stories about war and adventure.

3,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
MingSao
A
Absolute Boyfriend - [shoujo, comedy, romance, sci-fi]
Ah! My Goddess (Oh! My Goddess) - [seinen, romance, comedy, slice of life, fantasy, ecchi]
Ai Yori Aoshi - [comedy, drama, romance, slice-of-life]
+Anima - [fantasy]
Asklepios - [historical fiction, fantasy]

B
Battle Royale - [action]
Black Cat - [shonen, action, adventure, sci-fi, fantasy]
Black Lagoon - [action, adventure, seinen]
Blade of the Immortal - [fantasy, adventure, drama]

C
Card Captor Sakura - [shoujo, fantasy, romance]
Cherry Juice - [romance]
Chii's Sweet Home - [comedy, seinen, children's]
Claymore - [adventure, shonen, fantasy]
Code Breaker - [action, comedy, fantasy, martial arts, psychological, shonen, supernatural]
Crimson Hero - [sports, shoujo]

D
D.Gray-Man - [action, adventure, steampunk, comedy]
Death Note - [suspense, thriller]
Devil and Her Love Song - [comedy, romance, shoujo, drama]
Dogs: Bullets and Carnage - [action, sci-fi, seinen]
Dragon Eye - [shonen, action, comedy]
The Dreaming - [horror, drama, school life]

E
Elfen Lied - [fantasy]
Eyeshield 21 - [comedy, shonen, sports]

F
Fairy Tail - [action, adventure, fantasy]
FAKE - [drama]
Full Moon o Sagashite - [music, romance, shoujo, drama]
Fullmetal Alchemist [2] - [shonen, drama, action, adventure, comedy]

G
Gakuen Alice (Alice Academy) [2] - [drama]
Gantz - [action, romance, mystery]
Gin Tama - [comedy, action, sci-fi]
Godchild - [horror, drama, school life]

H
.hack//Legend of the Twilight - [adventure, comedy, fantasy, sci-fi]
Hajime no Ippo - [sports, shonen, comedy, action]
Hana-Kimi - [romance, comedy]
Hands Off! - [drama]
Hellsing - [seinen, supernatural, horror]
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - [action, comedy, martial arts]
Homunculus - [psychological, fantasy]
Hot Gimmick - [romance]

I
I"s - [drama, romance, comedy]
Ichigo 100% (Strawberry 100%) [2] - [romance, comedy, drama, shonen, slice-of-life, ecchi]

J
Jack Frost - [seinen, horror, action, ecchi]
Jigoku Shoujo - [horror, mystery, fantasy, psychological, supernatural]
Jing: King of Bandits - [fantasy, action]

K
Kamichama Karin [2] - [action, comedy, romance]
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! [2] - [action, comedy, shonen]
Kaukou Debut (High School Debut) - [shoujo]
Kamichama Karin (Little Goddess Karin) - [shoujo, magical girl]
Katekyo Hitman Reborn - [action, comedy, shonen]
Kazan - [action, adventure, fantasy, drama]
King of Hell - [action, fantasy, martial arts, supernatural]
Koori no Mamono no Monogatari - [fantasy, shonen ai, supernatural]
Kurohime - [fantasy, action, adventure]

L
Legal Drug - [comedy, shonen ai, supernatural]
Les Bijoux - [romance, fantasy]
Liar Game - [seinen, josei, drama, suspense, mystery, psychology]
Line - [mystery, suspense, romance]
Love Hina - [ecchi, romance, comedy]
Lovely Complex - [shoujo, romance, comedy]
Ludwig Kakumei - [mystery, horror, fantasy]

M
Maid-sama - [romance]
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro - [psychological, mystery, shonen]
My Heavenly Hockey Club - [comedy, school life]

N
NANA [2] [3] - [romance, drama, shoujo, slice-of-life]
Nurarihyon no Mago - [supernatural, fantasy, action]
Negima! - [fantasy]
Nightmare Inspector [2] - [sci-fi, new age, mystery]
Nobari no Ou - [action, shonen ai]
Nodame Cantabile - [music, comedy, drama]
Nora - [fantasy, shonen]

O
O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) - [action, adventure, comedy, shonen]
Okane Ga Nai - [romance, shonen ai, smut, yaoi]
One Piece - [shonen, action, adventure]
Ookiku Furikabutte (Big Windup!) - [sports, comedy]

P
Paradise Kiss - [shoujo, fashion, romance]
Petshop of Horrors - [horror, action, fantasy, comedy]
Pita-Ten - [romance]
Prince of Tennis - [shonen, sports]

Q

R
Ranma 1/2 - [martial arts, action, gender bender, comedy, romance]
Return to Labyrinth - [fantasy]
Rosario + Vampire - [action, ecchi, school life, shonen, supernatural]
Rurouni Kenshin - [fighting, comedy, romance]

S
Sand Chronicles (Sunadokei) - [romance, shoujo, drama, comedy, slice-of-life]
Sgt. Frog - [comedy]
Shaman King - [fantasy]
Silvery Crow, The - [action, adventure, fantasy]
Skincube 2 - [horror]
Skip Beat! - [romance, comedy, shoujo]
Strawberry Marshmallow - [slice-of-life, comedy]

T
Trigun - [action, adventure, comedy]
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles - [fantasy, shonen, adventure, action]

U
Ultimate Muscle - [shonen]

V
Vampire Knight [2] [3] - [shoujo, mystery, romance, school life, supernatural]
Vassalord - [supernatural, action, drama, mystery]

W

X
xxxHolic - [fantasy, supernatural]

Y
Yokohama Kaidashi no Kikou (Yokohama Shopping Log) - [sci-fi, slice of life, seinen]

Z
ZETMAN - [action, sci-fi]
Zombie Powder [2] - [action, supernatural, shonen]

You forgot "Hot Blooded Woman" and " Red Lion" two awesome mangas that you can read online or on a app
Black Butler and Cardcaptor Sakura
I would have to recommend the manga Black Bird by Kanoko Sakuraxouji. It's about a demon who falls in love with a human. heart
There are so many! I think ther is one called hentai shinju???
It s pretty good stressed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces