OMG!1> I LUV ZOLO@@! 0.12442091330245 12.4% [ 188 ]
Total Votes:[ 1511 ]
<<< << < 1 2 ... 333 334 335

Battle-ready Knight

15,250 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Still kinda wish we had a less dead-ish place for us to hang out and discuss manga stuffs.

Anyone know of a One Piece guild still around that's super active and decent?!

Otherwise, might just make an OP guild of my own. I've got tons of experience in running guilds (have one already [CTH] and have been a moderator for several others in the past 13 years that I've been on Gaia).

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
Kara Kazeneko
Still kinda wish we had a less dead-ish place for us to hang out and discuss manga stuffs.

Anyone know of a One Piece guild still around that's super active and decent?!

Otherwise, might just make an OP guild of my own. I've got tons of experience in running guilds (have one already [CTH] and have been a moderator for several others in the past 13 years that I've been on Gaia).

This is the only place I know of. I wouldn't say it's dead-ish...Just not as active as it used to be. Times are a-worryin'.

Aah, Luffy. Please don't hurt yourself too much more...User Image And Sanji. I think we all want to give him a hug...

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
...Okay. Now we can say it is dead in here.

...I mean, if we're all having life problems at the same time, I can deal, because, whoo, am I having some problems, right now...

But I really want to discuss One Piece here. Been posting for so long, now...

Anyone still watchin' this place?

Glad things are looking up in the manga, right now. The anime also did a bang-up job with the episodes on Zou up until learning about Reverie. Really happy...

Battle-ready Knight

15,250 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm still around, thankfully. (and don't mind how odd my avatar looks atm; using it for an RP that I'm trying to start up... will go back to One Piece avvies again afterwards)

On the anime: Definitely been awesome. As for what lies ahead, I'm probably one of the few people who enjoys filler if it's done well... and One Piece has always had good filler eps the few times that it has done that. Always have it come in at a good point after what's canon, and come back into the canon stuff again rather decently as well.

On the manga: Wishing like hella bad that Big Mom soon gets her "just desserts".

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
Kara Kazeneko
I'm still around, thankfully. (and don't mind how odd my avatar looks atm; using it for an RP that I'm trying to start up... will go back to One Piece avvies again afterwards)

On the anime: Definitely been awesome. As for what lies ahead, I'm probably one of the few people who enjoys filler if it's done well... and One Piece has always had good filler eps the few times that it has done that. Always have it come in at a good point after what's canon, and come back into the canon stuff again rather decently as well.

On the manga: Wishing like hella bad that Big Mom soon gets her "just desserts".

HIYA AGAIN!

..Right. The new filler. Hm, well, so long as it doesn't mess up anything too much and segues into the main story with the Vinsmokes...I'm good. Pretty much what you said, I guess...

So I have this awesome theory about where OP can go from here with the Reverie. Something along the lines of...well, since the theme of "alliances" is prominent in the New World, why not have the kingdoms who are "good" (Dressrosa, Ryugu, Alabasta, and Sakura) go into their own alliance or something after the "inevitable fallout" at Reverie. Maybe something happens after people question King Riku about letting pirates help or something...or just about Doflamingo in general. I mean, so much can happen to cause some sort of mutual friendship between these four good Kingdoms...

As for the alliance...honestly, I don't think they'll take down Big Mom so easily...even with Capone's help. But who knows...

manghosteen's Partner In Crime

Accursed Creature

I need to catch up but I'm not that far behind (just kind of fell back in the current arc and got distracted). I'd be willing to help keep this thread going if need be. The whole A/M/C Forum isn't much nowadays.

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
I'm loving how the fandom is getting a lot of theories right, nowadays... Anyone watch any OP theorists on YouTube?

Battle-ready Knight

15,250 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Mareonet
I'm loving how the fandom is getting a lot of theories right, nowadays... Anyone watch any OP theorists on YouTube?

I've watched vids from "Joyboy" a few times. But for the most part, haven't been that much into listening to other people's theories. Only ones that I've cared any much for are my own and those of a friend of mine (an awesome guy who cosplays as Sanji and Kizaru).

I usually base a lot of my own around interesting canonical tidbits I've noticed and some people overlook. A few of my best for example (as in, accepted by multiple friends to be awesome enough to be worth hoping are real): Two interesting takes on Roger's resolve in his final hours/telling Rayleigh that he wouldn't die = 1) He learned the secret of Devil Fruits in being able to "pass on" your will, and had eaten the Gum-Gum fruit prior to his death... knowing full well that his dream would pass on to whoever ate it next. This would explain why Shanks regarded the fruit as a special treasure (memento of his beloved former captain) and freaked out over Luffy eating it. And 2) = Same thing about the secret of the devil fruits, but arranging for someone he trusted to find his devil fruit and pass on his will to them. This theory is bit weirder than the first since it takes into account something that is only anime-canon. In the scene where Roger urges Garp to protect Ace, there's a moment where a candle flickers as if from a strong wind when Roger's emotions are at a high point during his talk. As if influenced by a power linked to one's emotions. This made me wonder about how Dragon was at Roger's execution, and how his powers are storm-related. Perhaps Roger entrusted him with finding his Devil Fruit after dying? It'd explain why in some of the reenactment scenes of the execution, it's shown that it started raining right after Roger died (Dragon "mourning" his passing). And if Dragon did indeed take his power on that fateful day, then it'd explain why Luffy acts so much like Roger if somehow his will was passed on to him... like being "reborn" in a sense (makes sense if you take into account the Shinto belief in reincarnation).

And then another theory (that could be even linked to that second one) = I honestly wonder if the reason Roger knew he could get Garp to protect his son, and why he trusted him enough, was that they were already family at that point. Nothing is known right now about Luffy's mother aside from her having been a revolutionary. What if then, by some lovely chance, Luffy's mother just happens to be the sister of Roger? That'd make her the daughter-in-law of Garp, and thus make Roger be family via that means. Also would explain why Garp was so gungho about hounding Roger accross the seas. It's certainly an interesting thing to ponder. And I hope this theory proves to be true in some form or another. Even crazier if the others do, too.

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
Kara Kazeneko
Mareonet

I've watched vids from "Joyboy" a few times. But for the most part, haven't been that much into listening to other people's theories. Only ones that I've cared any much for are my own and those of a friend of mine (an awesome guy who cosplays as Sanji and Kizaru).

I usually base a lot of my own around interesting canonical tidbits I've noticed and some people overlook. A few of my best for example (as in, accepted by multiple friends to be awesome enough to be worth hoping are real): Two interesting takes on Roger's resolve in his final hours/telling Rayleigh that he wouldn't die = 1) He learned the secret of Devil Fruits in being able to "pass on" your will, and had eaten the Gum-Gum fruit prior to his death... knowing full well that his dream would pass on to whoever ate it next. This would explain why Shanks regarded the fruit as a special treasure (memento of his beloved former captain) and freaked out over Luffy eating it. And 2) = Same thing about the secret of the devil fruits, but arranging for someone he trusted to find his devil fruit and pass on his will to them. This theory is bit weirder than the first since it takes into account something that is only anime-canon. In the scene where Roger urges Garp to protect Ace, there's a moment where a candle flickers as if from a strong wind when Roger's emotions are at a high point during his talk. As if influenced by a power linked to one's emotions. This made me wonder about how Dragon was at Roger's execution, and how his powers are storm-related. Perhaps Roger entrusted him with finding his Devil Fruit after dying? It'd explain why in some of the reenactment scenes of the execution, it's shown that it started raining right after Roger died (Dragon "mourning" his passing). And if Dragon did indeed take his power on that fateful day, then it'd explain why Luffy acts so much like Roger if somehow his will was passed on to him... like being "reborn" in a sense (makes sense if you take into account the Shinto belief in reincarnation).

And then another theory (that could be even linked to that second one) = I honestly wonder if the reason Roger knew he could get Garp to protect his son, and why he trusted him enough, was that they were already family at that point. Nothing is known right now about Luffy's mother aside from her having been a revolutionary. What if then, by some lovely chance, Luffy's mother just happens to be the sister of Roger? That'd make her the daughter-in-law of Garp, and thus make Roger be family via that means. Also would explain why Garp was so gungho about hounding Roger accross the seas. It's certainly an interesting thing to ponder. And I hope this theory proves to be true in some form or another. Even crazier if the others do, too.

Definitely some interesting ideas...but considering it's Oda-sama, you know darn well almost any theory can work unless proven not to work. Or be canon, rather. That's my way of thinking about One Piece.
I've watched Joyboy Theories, too. I watch him, and it's just nice to see the amazing theories—some later proven to be true—that come collectively from the fanbase.
As for your theories...Like I said, there's nothing I can say against them, if you will. Me, personally—I think likely nay to two of these. One sounds plausible, but I rather just like the idea that Roger and Garp simply came to respect each other so much that Garp knew just as Roger knew that he would understand Roger's reasoning for wanting to spare Ace. I'm a big fan of broship, y'know? So anything Bro-related gets me all tingly and makes me think it's far more plausible than Garp only going after Roger (and possibly knowing Roger) because of a familial connection...

...But who knows...? Big Mom's the only mother who has any sway in the canon right now...All the others are dead...and you know THAT theory about the mothers of One Piece. lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff