Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
User Image
the ending was totally rushed and left a lot of questions hanging!! the epic, long running manga just ended with a train wreck of a story arc! anybody share my sentiments?

Greedy Tycoon

5,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Yeah they didn't even kill that alien that kill the clone kurono kei

10,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
It was a really rushed ending. Too many questions still remain. Oh well looks like the humans won the invasion and that was the top priority >.>. lol.

Frozen Bard

18,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Team Carl 200
  • Team Devin 200
This situation occurs in a lot of manga, I just gave up long ago. Some have endings that make everyone happy and others create WTF discussions.

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
Phrozen Pikachu
It was a really rushed ending. Too many questions still remain. Oh well looks like the humans won the invasion and that was the top priority >.>. lol.

I hope some questions get answered in the side chapters like gantz: nishi and gantz surprised saka yum_burger

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
Paragasu
Yeah they didn't even kill that alien that kill the clone kurono kei

oh that alien. i think it's unkillable anyway. what i hated was that after all those awesome aliens that they had to fight even before the whole end of the world thing, the final aliens they fought last had to be the most boring of them all!! I would have preferred if an assortment of aliens broke through and they had to face all of those to save humanity.
the museum aliens were great! giant aliens couldn't compare to that yum_hotdog

Dragonslayer

19,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
User Image

Most milquetoast ending ever.
"Let's never do this again, guys!"

I never liked the series either, even though seinen is my favorite genre. :'x
The whole story was instantaneous gratification in manga form.

User Image

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
Exrael

User Image
agreed, any suggestions for another manga?

Dragonslayer

19,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
User Image

Jonickated
Exrael

User Image
agreed, any suggestions for another manga?

Oh my! ;u; I'll do my best for a recommendation!
If you would like something as violent with about the same age characters, there's Battle Royale! :'3 It's finished as well, and is indeed very graphic and adult. 0_0

But I like Berserk, Vagabond, 20th Century Boys, Monster, Pluto, and Kaiji for seinen series the best :'D They're all pretty different from Gantz though!

User Image

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
Exrael

Oh my! ;u; I'll do my best for a recommendation!
If you would like something as violent with about the same age characters, there's Battle Royale! :'3 It's finished as well, and is indeed very graphic and adult. 0_0

But I like Berserk, Vagabond, 20th Century Boys, Monster, Pluto, and Kaiji for seinen series the best :'D They're all pretty different from Gantz though!

User Image

User Image
I'm already done with Battle Royale

here's some other titles that I have finished

mangas like gantz:
Parasyte
Jisatsu Circle
Ichi the killer

on-going titles:
apocalypse no toride
mahou shoujo of the end

deadman wonderland
highschool of the dead
Toukyou kushu
kamisama no iutoori ni

not so gruesome:
kamisama no iutoori (fujimura akeji)
darker than black shikkoku no hana
The ending was definitely lacking. Was pretty disappointing to me, after seeing how good the ending arc started. A bad ending can really ruin a story for some. I am glad Kei and Tae survived though.. They been through so much.

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
homme pacifique
The ending was definitely lacking. Was pretty disappointing to me, after seeing how good the ending arc started. A bad ending can really ruin a story for some. I am glad Kei and Tae survived though.. They been through so much.

yup, and there were so many things that didn't fit with the story like kurono's brother and the vampires! i mean, the vamps couldn't even fight in the war so why were they there? and Sakurai's death was pretty much a let down. I expected a better death for him confused
Jonickated
homme pacifique

yup, and there were so many things that didn't fit with the story like kurono's brother and the vampires! i mean, the vamps couldn't even fight in the war so why were they there? and Sakurai's death was pretty much a let down. I expected a better death for him confused

Right. They were available, but did nothing. Why even introduce these badass characters if you do not have them participate? I felt that Kei's brother would have made a nice addition to the Team. Waste of a potential good character and Nishi whole "want to control the world" reveal seemed very out of character. Sakurai death was very anticlimactic just like the ending of this story. He could have at least served as a stepping stone for Kei to win the war. Just so disappointing....

Distinct Noob

I agree I read through the whole thing like twice and at the end I'm like is that the best they could have come up with

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
Decied
I agree I read through the whole thing like twice and at the end I'm like is that the best they could have come up with

User Image
I wish they would continue the manga through Gantz: nishi and gantz osaka though. i still want to see a good ending no matter what. even if they all have to die in the end (especially nishi lol)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff