Welcome to Gaia! ::

Arcane Perspicacity rolled 5 6-sided dice: 3, 3, 6, 5, 2 Total: 19 (5-30)

Seeker

Renia-- I'm certainly not saying that other illnesses aren't as devastating. I've been participating in Relay for Life for the past five or so years too. I just don't think that mental illness gets the attention it deserves given that if affects so many people. I never realized until I specifically went in search for a mental illness walk this year that there was one near where I live. I definitely agree that there needs to be more resources for the mentally ill. It's really unfortunate, but many people if they don't have the family support will end up not even in a hospital, but just on the streets.

Pigy-- Of course you can have some cake *hands her some*

Oz-- Bye bye! Have fun grilling!

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

@Arcane
My uncle was on the streets for a while, so you're right.
He became mentally ill while training for the Air Force.
Sadly he had a lot of potential, but they kicked him out when he started showing signs of schizophrenia.
;n;

Even though I know I'm just one person, it's my dream to bring more attention to mentally ill people so they can get the help they need.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Seeker

I think that's a great dream, Renia. I'm sure you will be able to do so as a clinical psychologist too. Each person is able to make an impact on those around them so we've got to keep trying. Even if it feels like we're not making a huge difference to the world because we're "just one person", we might be making a huge difference to another person.

Days of Raine rolled 5 6-sided dice: 6, 5, 1, 6, 2 Total: 20 (5-30)

Eloquent Informer

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Informer 100
  • Wall Street 200

User ImageI'm going to school to be a Forensic Psychologist. & I have to agree- almost nothing is being done for the mentally ill, at least where I live.

My aunt is severely Schizophrenic. She's unable to function in a way which would allow her to live safely by herself, yet she does, & there's nothing the state will do about it. Missouri no longer covers stays in mental hospitals through their Medicaid program which is what most mentally ill adults have as insurance. Unless they have rich families they're completely screwed.

My family had this ignorant "I don't believe in mental illness" attitude until just a few short years ago, but by the time they realized she needed help it was too late. Schizophrenia causes brain degeneration with every "attack" for lack of a better word, and the patient cannot recover from the damage done.

Sorry if that's rambly... I just took a Percocet because I'm in a lot of pain & I'm kind of out of it. I wish they'd given me some other prescription. sweatdrop

mizu_usagi1 rolled 5 6-sided dice: 4, 5, 6, 3, 2 Total: 20 (5-30)

31,340 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Overstocked 200
hi again!! biggrin

mizu_usagi1 rolled 5 6-sided dice: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 Total: 16 (5-30)

31,340 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Overstocked 200
mizu_usagi1
hi again!! biggrin

<3 straight!!

mizu_usagi1 rolled 5 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 4, 1, 3 Total: 17 (5-30)

31,340 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Overstocked 200
awww, it's empty in here crying

mizu_usagi1 rolled 5 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 3, 4, 3 Total: 17 (5-30)

31,340 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Overstocked 200
oh well. so, earlier today, I sat in my college's main hall and played the pokemon board game with some friends. It was super awesome to see people's faces XD

mizu_usagi1 rolled 5 6-sided dice: 3, 3, 3, 5, 3 Total: 17 (5-30)

31,340 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Overstocked 200
I hope this isn't spamming...maybe I should go for now and wait till someone gets here to talk to me.

Dedicated Streaker

HELLO & HOW DO YOU DO!!!!

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT WEEKEND. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS ALMOST MAY
eek eek eek eek

I AM EXTENDING THE TRICOM UNTIL TOMORROW MORNING SINCE IT SEEMED TO BE SUCH A HIT. CONGRATS TO ALL OF THE WINNERS. GOOD LUCK TO THOSE THAT STILL WANT TO ENTER.

SLEEP WELL. CATCH YA TOMORROW.

User Image

ANSWER FOR SUNDAY APRIL 29th

TRICOMMONISM FOR SUNDAY APRIL 29th

DAZED & CONFUSED~COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN~WHOLE LOTTA LOVE

WINNER #1: ARCANE PERSPICACITY
WINNER #2: MADEMOISELLE ALVINETTE
WINNER #3:
WINNER #4:
WINNER #5:
WINNER #6:
WINNER #7:
WINNER #8:
WINNER #9:
WINNER #10:

Beloved Bookworm

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Marathon 300
went and played minecraft for a while, sorry i disappeared ^^;;

Seeker

mizu_usagi1
oh well. so, earlier today, I sat in my college's main hall and played the pokemon board game with some friends. It was super awesome to see people's faces XD

Oh my gosh. I totally bought a pokemon board game for my friend two Christmases ago and we definitely played it completely sober at a party where everyone else was drinking.

mizu_usagi1 rolled 5 6-sided dice: 2, 6, 4, 3, 5 Total: 20 (5-30)

31,340 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Overstocked 200
Arcane Perspicacity
mizu_usagi1

Oh my gosh. I totally bought a pokemon board game for my friend two Christmases ago and we definitely played it completely sober at a party where everyone else was drinking.

that sounds like fun!!

felinophiles alter ego generated a random number between 500 and 800 ... 735!

pigy152
went and played minecraft for a while, sorry i disappeared ^^;;

ive been here forever waiting for you cat_stare

mizu_usagi1 rolled 5 6-sided dice: 6, 6, 5, 3, 1 Total: 21 (5-30)

31,340 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Overstocked 200
blaugh another straight.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items