I can't decide! 0.21052631578947 21.1% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 133 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 18 >

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
I don't really see Jack as being very easily manipulated at all, actually.

The most easily manipulated was Locke, and that got him killed and turned into a new person suit for MIB.

MIB is clearly playing those around him for easy recruitment. Playing on their weaknesses. Claire didn't have Aaron, so MIB told her where Aaron was and gave her hate to grow inside her.
Sayid was broken, so MIB played to his guilt.
Sawyer lost Juliet, so MIB offered an escape.

Jack has grown in a positive way. And that was with Jacob's guidance.
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
.Doosh.Bag.Biatch.
That'd be a real shame though. After 5 seasons of this, they all just end up living their own lives again. XD

They seem better off, though. And something in the subconscious remembers the Island, so it's not all for nothing or anything. They all get to live happily ever after in a way.
but happy endings are never good they need some remorse or something

Invisible Vampire

Neurologic Bear Tank
Heh, there are definitely a lot of theories razz I warn you I have been wrong or off on most of my predictions this season :V

Jack is definitely the easiest character to manipulate because he is so confused, so I have to imagine that is why Jacob is using him a lot right now (and using Hurley as a communicator).

I also think that the alternate reality is somehow going to connect with the Island reality, I think it would be too strange for them to leave the two completely separate (again, I have been wrong a lot this season).

Oh Lost, you so crazy.
I do agree on Jack being confused (he has been confused ever since he left the island), but I don't think he is easy to manipulate.

I doubt you are wrong on the two realities going to merge. There are tiny hints that they are already connected in a way.

wakusei, I didn't notice any positive growin in Jack, but then again I never liked Jack and might just not want to see it. sweatdrop
wakusei

The most easily manipulated was Locke, and that got him killed and turned into a new person suit for MIB.

MIB is clearly playing those around him for easy recruitment. Playing on their weaknesses. Claire didn't have Aaron, so MIB told her where Aaron was and gave her hate to grow inside her.

That makes sense, I don't at all see how the Claire manipulation could have been positive.
I'm not sure who resurrected Sayid, but whoever did was definitely doing something malicious.

I wish I remembered the scene with the balance. When MIB took Sawyer to the cave with the names on it, he picked a rock off it and threw it. How was the balance to begin with? (I remember it wasn't balanced properly, as in one rock did not equal a second rock) What color rock did he pick off it and throw? How was it balanced after that? Were there 2 rocks or only 1?

But I would have to say that Jacob is also being manipulative, although we know much less about the consequences of his manipulation aside from that he wants them away from MIB (who may or may not kill them, he doesn't seem to be killing them).
CrystalKawans
Neurologic Bear Tank
Heh, there are definitely a lot of theories razz I warn you I have been wrong or off on most of my predictions this season :V

Jack is definitely the easiest character to manipulate because he is so confused, so I have to imagine that is why Jacob is using him a lot right now (and using Hurley as a communicator).

I also think that the alternate reality is somehow going to connect with the Island reality, I think it would be too strange for them to leave the two completely separate (again, I have been wrong a lot this season).

Oh Lost, you so crazy.
I do agree on Jack being confused (he has been confused ever since he left the island), but I don't think he is easy to manipulate.

I doubt you are wrong on the two realities going to merge. There are tiny hints that they are already connected in a way.

wakusei, I didn't notice any positive growin in Jack, but then again I never liked Jack and might just not want to see it. sweatdrop
Jack is pretty annoying sad But I think he has gotten better, if just a bit, at taking what he is told to do and putting his own spin on it. But with Lost you never know if that was their plan all along! gonk
becouse most everyone on the island still had a connection in the real world
wakusei
.Doosh.Bag.Biatch.
That'd be a real shame though. After 5 seasons of this, they all just end up living their own lives again. XD

They seem better off, though. And something in the subconscious remembers the Island, so it's not all for nothing or anything. They all get to live happily ever after in a way.
I still have this crazy idea that Desmond wasn't actually on that plane xd He was only there for a little bit, Jack recognized him subconsciously, then he never saw him again. He even asked Rose and she said she hadn't seen Desmond at all.
I'm not sure what it means, if anything, but yeah...

Invisible Vampire

Neurologic Bear Tank
wakusei

That makes sense, I don't at all see how the Claire manipulation could have been positive.
I'm not sure who resurrected Sayid, but whoever did was definitely doing something malicious.

I wish I remembered the scene with the balance. When MIB took Sawyer to the cave with the names on it, he picked a rock off it and threw it. How was the balance to begin with? (I remember it wasn't balanced properly, as in one rock did not equal a second rock) What color rock did he pick off it and throw? How was it balanced after that? Were there 2 rocks or only 1?

But I would have to say that Jacob is also being manipulative, although we know much less about the consequences of his manipulation aside from that he wants them away from MIB (who may or may not kill them, he doesn't seem to be killing them).
Let's see if I manage to remember correctly. There was a black rock on the left side and a white one on the right. Flocke took the white one and threw it into the ocean. The part I'm not sure about is how well balanced it was, but I think the white side was a bit higher before he threw it away.

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Neurologic Bear Tank
I still have this crazy idea that Desmond wasn't actually on that plane xd He was only there for a little bit, Jack recognized him subconsciously, then he never saw him again. He even asked Rose and she said she hadn't seen Desmond at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Desmond can travel between timelines. And if maybe that's what he was doing in Flashes Before Your Eyes.

I understand people not liking Jack. He's far from being a favorite of mine, but I stick up for him.
But compare "We have to go BAAAACK" Jack to Jack now. How is that not a positive change? Jack always had to be the one to fix things and be in charge. When he came back to the Island he allowed Sawyer to lead willingly, and opted not to fix Ben. Which yeah, also kind of a jerky thing to do since Ben's just a kid.... But as far as only Jack goes, that sort of thing is a huge step for him. Not being so hung up on fixing everyone.

Invisible Vampire

wakusei
Neurologic Bear Tank

I wouldn't be surprised if Desmond can travel between timelines. And if maybe that's what he was doing in Flashes Before Your Eyes.

I understand people not liking Jack. He's far from being a favorite of mine, but I stick up for him.
But compare "We have to go BAAAACK" Jack to Jack now. How is that not a positive change? Jack always had to be the one to fix things and be in charge. When he came back to the Island he allowed Sawyer to lead willingly, and opted not to fix Ben. Which yeah, also kind of a jerky thing to do since Ben's just a kid.... But as far as only Jack goes, that sort of thing is a huge step for him. Not being so hung up on fixing everyone.
Well the getting rid of that beard is a positive change lol.
In my opinion Jack is slowly getting back to his 'I have to fix everyone'. And when he refused to help little Ben back in Season 5 I was really dissappointed in him. No matter how evil adult Ben is, it is no excuse to not help an innocent child.
Euw noooo! I haaaaaaaaaaaate Jacob!!!! stressed scream
wakusei
.Doosh.Bag.Biatch.

Yeah like Jack during the premiere, and Claire crying for Aaron.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff