Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think Arwen made the right choice?

Yes 0.86069651741294 86.1% [ 173 ]
No 0.13930348258706 13.9% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 201 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Poor Dobie, he lost his ring:/

for me, it's dobbie. You can see the greif in his eyes where-ever he is!</3

550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I think Samwise had it pretty bad
Real-Jolly-Old-Saint-Nick

Yeah, but he at least got to have a pretty happy life with his family. Plus he got to sail to the Undying Lands in the end. And no matter what he went through with Frodo, he never lost his spirit and will to live. Sam had it awesomely great if you compare, for example, to Gollum. Or Frodo, who had to leave his home to find something resembling a peace of mind.
Kuutar

Yeah, but he at least got to have a pretty happy life with his family. Plus he got to sail to the Undying Lands in the end. And no matter what he went through with Frodo, he never lost his spirit and will to live. Sam had it awesomely great if you compare, for example, to Gollum. Or Frodo, who had to leave his home to find something resembling a peace of mind.

That's true, but I don't feel bad for Gollum, kinda his fault he was in that pickle of a problem
Kuutar

That's true, but I don't feel bad for Gollum, kinda his fault he was in that pickle of a problem

But what could he do about it? The Ring ruined his life completely - probably made him kill Deagol, too. If someone in LotR deserves pity, it's Gollum. He didn't wish any of what happened - he just wasn't strong enough like Sam or Frodo. In fact, no one would have deserved such destiny, even if it ended up creating something good.
Kuutar
Kuutar

But what could he do about it? The Ring ruined his life completely - probably made him kill Deagol, too. If someone in LotR deserves pity, it's Gollum. He didn't wish any of what happened - he just wasn't strong enough like Sam or Frodo. In fact, no one would have deserved such destiny, even if it ended up creating something good.

Isn't that the whole theme of Gollum's character? Pity? The poor guy doesn't even get the chance to redeem himself.
Galad Aglaron
Kuutar
Kuutar

Isn't that the whole theme of Gollum's character? Pity? The poor guy doesn't even get the chance to redeem himself.

I guess it is. I think there was this instance where Gollum almost regretted things he had done, but then Sam ruined the moment and Gollum never got that back again. It was very heart-breaking moment, although I didn't really understand it when I first read the books.
It was because of Sam's maltreatment that Gollum happily took the ring for a hot lava dip.

And, yes, I always look like this.

5,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Sam, because Frodo took all the credit when Sam was the one that did all the work. XP
Smeagol. The poor guy needs a lot of hugs...
I feel sorry 4 Arwen....her love life is even more of a disaster than mine.......
Celebrindal_Idril
Sam, because Frodo took all the credit when Sam was the one that did all the work. XP

Hardly. Sam got the happily ever after and Frodo got the PTSD from long-term ********.
Dia no Rima
I feel sorry 4 Arwen....her love life is even more of a disaster than mine.......

A disaster? She married the love of her life and lived with him for over a century as Queen of Gondor and Arnor! They loved each other for as long as they lived, had children, and a romance that went down in history as one of the great love stories of the world. Yes, she was widowed, but so were many women in the War, and they didn't get the chance to say goodbye. Arwen farewelled her true love at the end of a long life and glorious reign as he died in peace and dignity. Most marriages today are considered a success if they manage not to end at all, let alone happiness, and Arwen had it in spades. If her love life is a disaster, then sign me up for one just like it.
This may be strange, but i feel an incredible amount of sorrow towards Gollum. Sure he was plotting to kill...several people, but it was the ring. I suppose he was such an important character because he was an example to all the hobbits for what you can become, because of the ring. Alas, Tolkein in amazing. mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff