Welcome to Gaia! ::

I picked up those boots, too. Maybe I should actually get around to changing my avatar. Eh, I'm probably too lazy. xd

Tricky Lunatic

So, I was amused by the idea of looking up elvish (namely, Quenya) meanings of some of the usernames not necessarily intended to be written as elvish (stemming from the conviction that "Niere=honeybee" is beyond adorable. rofl 4laugh ).

And so, I discovered as follows:

Meri, perhaps this is intentional surprised , translates to "wishes," which is quite lovely IMHO.

Zabby, which required some alteration since Quenya has no distinct "b" and "z" is quite rare. So, "Sávi" - as close a pronunciation as I could get - means "like fire" to which I said eek b/c I've associated Ms. Zabby w/ fire for whatever reason ( "firey" )

Kemmybelle is a bit straightforward. xp
Perhaps with the added "-belle" ( vílë rolleyes ) it could mean "Earths gentle breeze," presumably meaning to indicate a gentle breeze on many earths.

Wee bit of a stretch there. Heheheh.

I would assume "Caeleste" is either something French or Sindarin, but I don't really care. It sounds and looks lovely for one thing. I've also assumed that "Caele" should be pronounced "Cæl," or "Kal " thus making it synonymous with "cal," meaning "shine."
Este, of course means "rest, repose" but since my mind is wont to pronounce it "-est," rather than "ess-tay," leads me to stretch the term/component to the esoteric, "le," and the pronominal ending, "-s." These then translating to "Behold! She." These definition added to "cal," could lead "Caeleste" to mean "Behold! She shines!"
Which fits, IMHO.

Melian needs no translation, of course. ~^__^~

Tricky Lunatic

Merily
I picked up those boots, too. Maybe I should actually get around to changing my avatar. Eh, I'm probably too lazy. xd

They'd go with that avi, though.

Freo looks gawgeous, by the way.

Caring Scrooge

17,925 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
Fire... I like it. ^^

Tricky Lunatic

Is that so Zabby? rofl

Caring Scrooge

17,925 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
Actually, I associate "Zabby" more with electricity than fire, but electricity can be "like fire" anyway. Especially if it's personality. On this forum, I tend to associate fire with Gusu-Gusu. User Image
Ooo, "wishes", I like that! heart

I just ended up with "Merily" because I made it up and liked the sound of it- although it actually *is* a translation of my real name, which I learned about a decade later. xd My real name translates to "lily" and the closest Sindarin word for that is "rose", which is "Meril".
I feel like I might have been mentioned or something. Hey, what do you guys think of these, I drew them while waiting in line for the midnight premiere of The Hobbit.

Elrond

Thranduil

Tricky Lunatic

I associate oil or accelerant with gussu.

Aww, that's lovely Mer. ^__^

Assimilated with half-life or radiation, it's only a matter of time. /cue supernova

Mind you I'd meant that literally. Haha. It's Nenya that took things on the party tangent. Which was welcome because she decided to fly into the slipstream I was forging from time to time. A soothing alternative to the....horror that glorfy was to me. dramallama

Caring Scrooge

17,925 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
Yes! I summoned Gussu! Awesome! Well, that's much better than I'd imagine I would draw something in a line. And now I see why it's taking three movies for this. User Image

Tricky Lunatic

See their own name lol.

Tricky Lunatic

Valie Este
rolleyes

Here to watch me die again, eh? xd

Oil as in lipids. Mentality affects the lighting. And I just simply don't care. Yet - how to defend myself?

Or, that is to say, how to diminish habitual disgust?
Now, apathy approaches, yet I hold my ground.

Purged of all forms of art...are you Neal Caffrey?

OMFGLMAO!!!! That had to be from somewhere. Thievery disgusts me, but acting does not.

Thank you my lady. Your gentility is an inspiration to seek my own inner peace.

Note that the mentioned is derived from ALL of this crap. Not the other way around. Ergo, you are fail, and I shall hide myself amid the eaves of Lorien.

For truly Gussu's ego claims has name is "Firelight." rofl
Rinn Lothron
Valie Este
rolleyes

Here to watch me die again, eh? xd

Oil as in lipids. Mentality affects the lighting. And I just simply don't care. Yet - how to defend myself?

Or, that is to say, how to diminish habitual disgust?
Now, apathy approaches, yet I hold my ground.

Purged of all forms of art...are you Neal Caffrey?

OMFGLMAO!!!! That had to be from somewhere. Thievery disgusts me, but acting does not.

Thank you my lady. Your gentility is an inspiration to seek my own inner peace.

Note that the mentioned is derived from ALL of this crap. Not the other way around. Ergo, you are fail, and I shall hide myself amid the eaves of Lorien.

For truly Gussu's ego claims has name is "Firelight." rofl

To think that humility would, to you, be a parasite. Was not your name once, Rinn Loth, "radiant ice" ?
As such Irmo bespake many years ago to your mind.

And I know, in peace, your Gussu's mind is most green, as the wheat in the plains tosses upon the breeze. To dip in these pale waters I still see your grief, but I know not the words beneath her feet.

Yet it is now Lorien that you would seek?
Suffice to say, he is away for the time being. When he will return...that is between me and these petals now drifting slowly beneath the eaves, with the rich scent of most docile dreams.

May you dream that Namo view your drawings, for his judgment is most thorough, as most assuredly becomes clear in the fullness of time.

Caring Scrooge

17,925 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
Neal Caffrey > Mike Ross

Though that isn't really relevant to anything. Unless I throw in "> the first of the Hobbit trilogy" or something. Which still isn't relevant except that I came home, watched Suits, and found it much more bearable even though nothing great happened in that episode. Though, to be fair, I was cross-stitching at the time, which is something I didn't do in the theater.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff