Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Genius

I personally think Bodyline is okay for certain things.
I mainly buy shoes from them because I don't feel right with brand shoes being scuffed [because I'm clumsy].
I have only one JSK from them [with matching purse], and a skirt. But their sizes run smaller and aren't really fitting for tall people such as myself, so I don't wear them often. I also buy socks from them but they run short because, again, not meant for tall people.
I also have one blouse from them that's pretty okay. It's sewn pretty well but the fabric was a poor choice.

Taobao is a good place to start off with as well, if you're willing to pay more for the shopping services. But there are lots of good indy designers and up-and-coming brand names through there.

And you cant go wrong with second hand! EGL_Comm Sales on Live journal is a good place to find listings, along with Lace Market. You can find bodyline through there as well for cheaper.

Obsessive Admirer

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
It's alright for beginners, but I prefer Taobao a lot more. I only buy bloomers and shoes from bodyline. I have a fairly large shoe size, and theirs seems to fit me.

Btw, can you believe Mr.Yan made his own body pillow? xD
I think the company is a bit dodgy based on what happened to Venus Angelic. I personally don't really like the designs but would never look down on anyone based on where they got their clothes from.
I really like Bodyline, and I try to read a lot of reviews before purchasing each item. I think it's a good place to purchase some staple pieces like blouses, shoes, some skirts/dresses/jsks. I'm more into casual lolita, but I really like one of their cutsews.
Things like their 'petticoats' and 'socks' look really disgusting to me. T.T I'm not a fan of the accessories, it's a bit OTT for me.

Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
Ouja Akuma
I personally think Bodyline is okay for certain things.
I mainly buy shoes from them because I don't feel right with brand shoes being scuffed [because I'm clumsy].
I have only one JSK from them [with matching purse], and a skirt. But their sizes run smaller and aren't really fitting for tall people such as myself, so I don't wear them often. I also buy socks from them but they run short because, again, not meant for tall people.
I also have one blouse from them that's pretty okay. It's sewn pretty well but the fabric was a poor choice.

Taobao is a good place to start off with as well, if you're willing to pay more for the shopping services. But there are lots of good indy designers and up-and-coming brand names through there.

And you cant go wrong with second hand! EGL_Comm Sales on Live journal is a good place to find listings, along with Lace Market. You can find bodyline through there as well for cheaper.

bodyline really runs on the short side? cat_surprised

i recently bought a jsk and a skirt from bodyline, they haven't arrived yet. cat_surprised

i hope they fit me ok. i've been into lolita fashion for a few years now, but only recently could i afford to buy anything, not to mention have any confidence to wear it! cat_xd

today i managed to get an angelic pretty jsk, and it is so adorable! emotion_kirakira

i was worried that it might be too short, but when i tried it on, it fit great! emotion_yatta

anyway, i don't really want to buy a lot of bodyline stuff, except maybe for shoes, depending on how the first pair i bought works out. emotion_c8

Wealthy Genius

aj OwO

In general, I am a tall person, and my AP jsk isn't long enough on me, but one of my AP replica's is the perfect size. So it really depends on the maker, company, and what not. But from my experience with bodyline, it's meant for more shorter people or layering with longer skirts.
The Nekomimi
It's alright for beginners, but I prefer Taobao a lot more. I only buy bloomers and shoes from bodyline. I have a fairly large shoe size, and theirs seems to fit me.

My friend took the pictures for the San Francisco side! It was during the "meet Mr. Yan" tour he did, and she went out of morbid curiosity. He saw that she had a big camera, and just went, "You have nice camera, take pictures of me," and made her go outside and take 1000 pictures of him lying down. And then they took the images from her and made her delete them, so that they couldn't be leaked beforehand, I guess.

Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
Ouja Akuma
aj OwO

In general, I am a tall person, and my AP jsk isn't long enough on me, but one of my AP replica's is the perfect size. So it really depends on the maker, company, and what not. But from my experience with bodyline, it's meant for more shorter people or layering with longer skirts.

i got the magical night theater print. whee

i'm gonna write down the measurements of this one so at least i kind of know what to look for from AP. surprised

i guess i'll find out when it arrives if it's too short or not. gonk

i really don't want to buy much from bodyline. it seems to have a skeevy reputation. mad

my dream is to visit the AP store in san fransisco! emotion_kirakira

Wealthy Genius

aj OwO

Don't get me wrong, Bodyline has stepped up their game a bit in the past year with prints, but quality wise it's about the same as it was a few years ago.
Not saying it's cheap, but not as good as AP or Baby. The lace isn't soft and the fabric isn't the best of the best [kind rough depending on what you get, really. My JSK is soft but my skirt is kinda not].

But I always go to them for shoes. Even though they raised the prices for their shoes, I'd rather pay $60 for shoes for lolita that I wont be upset over scuffing than AP shoes [but they don't carry my size so it really doesn't matter].

Bodyline is okay for just things here and there, and for beginners. A lot of lolitas where a mixture of brand and offbrand and bodyline and still rock it. If anyone snubs you for wearing bodyline, avoid them because they are buttheads. c:

Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
Ouja Akuma
aj OwO

Don't get me wrong, Bodyline has stepped up their game a bit in the past year with prints, but quality wise it's about the same as it was a few years ago.
Not saying it's cheap, but not as good as AP or Baby. The lace isn't soft and the fabric isn't the best of the best [kind rough depending on what you get, really. My JSK is soft but my skirt is kinda not].

But I always go to them for shoes. Even though they raised the prices for their shoes, I'd rather pay $60 for shoes for lolita that I wont be upset over scuffing than AP shoes [but they don't carry my size so it really doesn't matter].

Bodyline is okay for just things here and there, and for beginners. A lot of lolitas where a mixture of brand and offbrand and bodyline and still rock it. If anyone snubs you for wearing bodyline, avoid them because they are buttheads. c:

i'm glad that their quality is up, that's good. surprised

as far as shoes go, i wear a US size 10, so i'm pretty sure i could never fit into a brand shoe. xp

like you though, i would rather pay $60 for a bodyline shoe that will fit and that i won't be as sad if it gets scuffed. 3nodding

i ordered a jsk, a skirt, a pair of shoes, and socks, and a blouse from bodyline total so far. biggrin

my AP dress is really nice feeling, and soft. heart

do people get snubbed for wearing bodyline? eek
yes avoiding them seems like a good idea. ninja

most of the people i know are used to me dressing in jeans and stuff, so this is gonna be quite shocking to them i think! lol xd

Kawaii Girl

Chaotic Wishes
The Nekomimi

My friend took the pictures for the San Francisco side! It was during the "meet Mr. Yan" tour he did, and she went out of morbid curiosity. He saw that she had a big camera, and just went, "You have nice camera, take pictures of me," and made her go outside and take 1000 pictures of him lying down. And then they took the images from her and made her delete them, so that they couldn't be leaked beforehand, I guess.
That is so obnoxious. He is really nuts.

Obsessive Admirer

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Chaotic Wishes

Wow. Werid experience!
Well, he is a pretty strange guy.
Princess JessieKate
Chaotic Wishes
The Nekomimi

That is so obnoxious. He is really nuts.

The Nekomimi
Chaotic Wishes

Wow. Werid experience!
Well, he is a pretty strange guy.

I think over all she was more amused, like it became a funny story to tell. But I think it must've been annoying when he insisted that she take more and more pictures because he thought he looked better in a slightly changed pose.

But then, this was the same meet where he patted the stomach of a plus size girl, and then made two people pretend to kiss him in purikura, so I don't think she had the worst experience

Wealthy Genius

aj OwO

There are people known as "elitists" in this fashion that snub anyone who doesn't wear 100% brand.
They're full of rude people who think the only way to be a "proper" lolita is to wear nothing but brand all day every day. Eat, drink, and breath brand. It's obnoxious.

Nothing wrong with brand, but nothing wrong with offbrand either [or even homemade items].
Replicas however, is murky water depending on who you talk to and where. Because it's considered stealing [and it is]. But some people are open to it and other's not.

Sparkly Flashback

12,550 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Carl 200
Ouja Akuma
aj OwO

There are people known as "elitists" in this fashion that snub anyone who doesn't wear 100% brand.
They're full of rude people who think the only way to be a "proper" lolita is to wear nothing but brand all day every day. Eat, drink, and breath brand. It's obnoxious.

Nothing wrong with brand, but nothing wrong with offbrand either [or even homemade items].
Replicas however, is murky water depending on who you talk to and where. Because it's considered stealing [and it is]. But some people are open to it and other's not.

i guess there are people like that everywhere. how sad. sad

i'm all about off brand for socks and shoes(my feet are too big for brand anyway!). emotion_dealwithit

what are replicas? surprised

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces