I have a baby! 0.06973058637084 7.0% [ 44 ]
I'm TTC #2+! 0.033280507131537 3.3% [ 21 ]
I don't want kids 0.22187004754358 22.2% [ 140 ]
I'm pregnant! 0.077654516640254 7.8% [ 49 ]
I'm infertile 0.050713153724247 5.1% [ 32 ]
I'm just voting~ 0.3946117274168 39.5% [ 249 ]
Total Votes:[ 631 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 66 67 68 >

So the hubby and I are wanting to put a bid in on an auction property on March 17th. The home would require a major remodel, but if we win the bid then we would own the house with NO loan or payments on it. We talked a lot about it last night and came to a decision... If we win the bid, then we will focus on the remodel and I will start back on BC until after we are able to move in, which may be a year or more. If we lose the bid, then we continue on as we have been going.

What do you think? I'm more than happy to compromise with him, but while I'd be happy to have the remodel property and be working on creating our home (get out of this rental), I'm really sad about the idea of going back on BC. =(

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
MrsHanaway
So the hubby and I are wanting to put a bid in on an auction property on March 17th. The home would require a major remodel, but if we win the bid then we would own the house with NO loan or payments on it. We talked a lot about it last night and came to a decision... If we win the bid, then we will focus on the remodel and I will start back on BC until after we are able to move in, which may be a year or more. If we lose the bid, then we continue on as we have been going.

What do you think? I'm more than happy to compromise with him, but while I'd be happy to have the remodel property and be working on creating our home (get out of this rental), I'm really sad about the idea of going back on BC. =(

1) How old are you and your hubs? This greatly impacts my opinion on this situation

2) Unless you're doing the physical work yourself, IMO you don't need to wait until you're living in the house to get knocked up. Now, obviously renovating expenses AND newborn expenses could be too much together, but as long as your insurance covers maternity stuff (give it a check, turns out ours covers damn near everything if we stay in-network), you might be able to swing being pregnant during the last months of the remodel. So, you could go on BC again for only 6 months or so (and if its gonna be that short, might as well stay off and have hubs use condoms/pull-out method if you're okay with a minor chance of an oops), then continue TTC when you know you won't pop before you're moved in.
spacekitten
MrsHanaway

1) How old are you and your hubs? This greatly impacts my opinion on this situation

2) Unless you're doing the physical work yourself, IMO you don't need to wait until you're living in the house to get knocked up. Now, obviously renovating expenses AND newborn expenses could be too much together, but as long as your insurance covers maternity stuff (give it a check, turns out ours covers damn near everything if we stay in-network), you might be able to swing being pregnant during the last months of the remodel. So, you could go on BC again for only 6 months or so (and if its gonna be that short, might as well stay off and have hubs use condoms/pull-out method if you're okay with a minor chance of an oops), then continue TTC when you know you won't pop before you're moved in.

1. I'm 25 and he is 27.

2. We will actually be doing the bulk of the renovation ourselves. Most of my family does home remodels and construction work and we both have a decent level of experience with different parts of the job ourselves as well, so we're excited to give this a go.

Dapper Dabbler

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I'll check that book out, thanks!
We're mostly just doing the BD every other day, maybe every day if we're in the mood. I know you're not supposed to do it every day, but you know, when the mood strikes... wink

Blech, stupid AF... I was in an awful mood all day and I had this AWFUL dream... I've been pregnant once and had a miscarriage and I had a nightmare last night that I was having another one. It was so real to me that I woke up and grabbed my phone to call my manager and tell him that I couldn't come to work because I was going to the hospital. I finally realized it wasn't real and started getting ready for work, but it just screwed up my whole day.

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
hecatesheretic
We're mostly just doing the BD every other day, maybe every day if we're in the mood. I know you're not supposed to do it every day, but you know, when the mood strikes... wink

Blech, stupid AF... I was in an awful mood all day and I had this AWFUL dream... I've been pregnant once and had a miscarriage and I had a nightmare last night that I was having another one. It was so real to me that I woke up and grabbed my phone to call my manager and tell him that I couldn't come to work because I was going to the hospital. I finally realized it wasn't real and started getting ready for work, but it just screwed up my whole day.

I actually heard that its only important to space BDing out to every other day if your guy's numbers aren't up to normal levels. Its still going to be a lower-ish count if he does it every day, but a normal dude with a normal number of swimmers should still be good to go. And, an OB told me that the reason he suggests every other day is because, if you BD every day but decide to take a break for a day or 2, and that happened to be O day, you just missed your window because you were BD'd out from doin' it too much.

ETA: also sorry about your nightmares. I keep having dreams where I'm pregnant or have a newborn, and it makes me so happy then I wake up and.... oh. That sucks, but not as much as the post-nightmare feeling.

Shameless Nerd

hecatesheretic

Unless your SO has known sperm issues, sex everyday is not a big deal.

So sorry about your nightmare, that sounds terrible.

Dapper Dabbler

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
So I had the DH do an at home sperm count test, and it says he has plenty of swimmers. Of course it can't tell us anything about the health of them and all that, but it's good to know that there's plenty there. We're trying the pre seed this month, I've read a lot of good things about it, so I figured I'd give it a shot. AF has come and gone so it's back to trying now. Wish me luck and baby dust to everyone!

Shameless Nerd

hecatesheretic
So I had the DH do an at home sperm count test, and it says he has plenty of swimmers. Of course it can't tell us anything about the health of them and all that, but it's good to know that there's plenty there. We're trying the pre seed this month, I've read a lot of good things about it, so I figured I'd give it a shot. AF has come and gone so it's back to trying now. Wish me luck and baby dust to everyone!

In regards to the PreSeed, a little goes a long way. I recommend not using the applicator because it will turn your vajayjay into a slip-n-slide.

Dapper Dabbler

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Pink Peppercorn

xd I read that too. I also read that you don't need the recommended amount unless you have serious problems with dryness, because it's WAY too much. Have you ever tried it? A lot of people on other forums said it helped them conceive the first of second month they tried it, so long as they timed everything properly.

Shameless Nerd

hecatesheretic
Pink Peppercorn

xd I read that too. I also read that you don't need the recommended amount unless you have serious problems with dryness, because it's WAY too much. Have you ever tried it? A lot of people on other forums said it helped them conceive the first of second month they tried it, so long as they timed everything properly.

You really do not need the recommended amount unless you have virtually no fertile CM. Preseed is not a magic lube that is supposed to get you pregnant. It's just sperm-friendly lube. Correlation=/=causation so it's really hard to say that it is directly related to how they got KU. I used it for nearly 6 cycles and did not get pregnant.

Dapper Dabbler

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I don't have a LOT of EW CM like some other women, but there's some. I'm hoping it'll help us because the Hubby has like super thick semen. So I think maybe the problem is I don't have quite enough CM for the sperm to swim easily, and his fluid is so thick that it just isn't a great environment for them. So I think the pre seed will help with that. I know it's not magic or anything, but I do think for our situation it will actually do some good.

Shameless Nerd

hecatesheretic
I don't have a LOT of EW CM like some other women, but there's some. I'm hoping it'll help us because the Hubby has like super thick semen. So I think maybe the problem is I don't have quite enough CM for the sperm to swim easily, and his fluid is so thick that it just isn't a great environment for them. So I think the pre seed will help with that. I know it's not magic or anything, but I do think for our situation it will actually do some good.

It is a great lube and that's coming from someone who was not a fan of lubes before. It's just very slippery. But the clean-up is very minimal, surprisingly.

Dapper Dabbler

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Pink Peppercorn

I'm actually a big fan of lubes, but like I said I don't get as much CM. I never really thought of it before we started TTC, but it makes a lot of sense now. I'd love to actually get pregnant this month because it's me and the Hub's nine year anniversary on Friday.

So do you have any kids yet Pepper?

Shameless Nerd

hecatesheretic
Pink Peppercorn

I'm actually a big fan of lubes, but like I said I don't get as much CM. I never really thought of it before we started TTC, but it makes a lot of sense now. I'd love to actually get pregnant this month because it's me and the Hub's nine year anniversary on Friday.

So do you have any kids yet Pepper?

I do not. unfortunately, MH and I just started fertility testing last month.

Dapper Dabbler

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Pink Peppercorn

Aww, well I hope it happens for you soon!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff