Total Votes:[ 1527 ]

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Sachi Aray
Rebellious Revelry

Wainwright. I'm so nervous. I meant to post on here when we found out for sure...but damn, I hardly go online anymore. I don't do well in cold weather and know things are gonna be super expensive, but I'm hoping to get a job when we move so I'll be able to contribute too.
You'll be four to five hours from me! I'm In Palmer....Not everything is expensive..okay that might be a lie but Alaska is a s**t ton of fun. I have a friend living up there right now her boyfriend is in the army as well. I can hook you up with her info if you want. That and I can come visit you as well. Granted in the summer time because driving out to Fairbanks in the winter sucks (i hate driving in the dark...). You are also close to North poll (santa's house is there it's awesome) You also have the hot springs up there which are amazing as well.

We actually were looking for a place in North Pole for a bit...but the places that look...habitable...and take pets are just way too much for us. The crime rate in Fairbanks is terrifying. eek
Summer is better than never XD
I'd really appreciate it, I think my husband knows like...one person there because the other guy who was supposed to go around the same time as us failed...whatever test it is they have to take. I still haven't learned jack. My brain just can't keep up with everything xD

Hallowed Pumpkin

18,300 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Falling For You 25
  • Jack-pot 100
Rebellious Revelry
Sachi Aray
Rebellious Revelry

Wainwright. I'm so nervous. I meant to post on here when we found out for sure...but damn, I hardly go online anymore. I don't do well in cold weather and know things are gonna be super expensive, but I'm hoping to get a job when we move so I'll be able to contribute too.
You'll be four to five hours from me! I'm In Palmer....Not everything is expensive..okay that might be a lie but Alaska is a s**t ton of fun. I have a friend living up there right now her boyfriend is in the army as well. I can hook you up with her info if you want. That and I can come visit you as well. Granted in the summer time because driving out to Fairbanks in the winter sucks (i hate driving in the dark...). You are also close to North poll (santa's house is there it's awesome) You also have the hot springs up there which are amazing as well.

We actually were looking for a place in North Pole for a bit...but the places that look...habitable...and take pets are just way too much for us. The crime rate in Fairbanks is terrifying. eek
I'd really appreciate it, I think my husband knows like...one person there because the other guy who was supposed to go around the same time as us failed...whatever test it is they have to take. I still haven't learned jack. My brain just can't keep up with everything xD
Winter causes people to do crazy things.... sweatdrop I feel bad with how bad the crime rate is. That's for sure.
There are some nice houses it's just hard to find, I hate to say things but if given the option live on post the houses are nicer then anything else you can find.
It sucks when you know hardly anyone when coming to a post in a place like Alaska. it can get difficult at times. What do you need to learn? *endless spurt of knowledge* ALSO get winter gear down there I can let you know that for sure now it'll not only be cheaper but if you get it ahead of time you wont be in a rut once winter hits...that and it is insanely cheaper down there.

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Sachi Aray
Rebellious Revelry
Sachi Aray
Rebellious Revelry

Winter causes people to do crazy things.... sweatdrop I feel bad with how bad the crime rate is. That's for sure.
There are some nice houses it's just hard to find, I hate to say things but if given the option live on post the houses are nicer then anything else you can find.
It sucks when you know hardly anyone when coming to a post in a place like Alaska. it can get difficult at times. What do you need to learn? *endless spurt of knowledge* ALSO get winter gear down there I can let you know that for sure now it'll not only be cheaper but if you get it ahead of time you wont be in a rut once winter hits...that and it is insanely cheaper down there.

Pretty much everything, honestly. Nate will start talking to me and I really do try to remember the acronyms and keep everything straight but my brain just doesn't seem built for it. I barely even know his job or rank. sweatdrop
I don't know what I'm going to do if I have to go into town by myself. Like, I don't even feel safe alone here in Alabama(granted, I really do scare easy).

Hallowed Pumpkin

18,300 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Falling For You 25
  • Jack-pot 100
Rebellious Revelry

Pretty much everything, honestly. Nate will start talking to me and I really do try to remember the acronyms and keep everything straight but my brain just doesn't seem built for it. I barely even know his job or rank. sweatdrop
I don't know what I'm going to do if I have to go into town by myself. Like, I don't even feel safe alone here in Alabama(granted, I really do scare easy).
Pffff take all the time in the world on that. Remind Nate at times you are still learning. If all else fails make a cheat sheet with what the acronyms are. After Joe retired I purged my brain of most of the acronyms. rofl sweatdrop

For the most part you'll do fine going into town (not that it can really be considerd that...) I will tell you the Fred Meyers up there is ******** huge and the best store to go shopping at from just about everything. emotion_kirakira If you use amazon at all think about getting prime...IT HELPS WITH SHIPPING TO HERE emotion_0A0 Seriously shipping s**t is the worst emotion_donotwant

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Sachi Aray
Rebellious Revelry

Pffff take all the time in the world on that. Remind Nate at times you are still learning. If all else fails make a cheat sheet with what the acronyms are. After Joe retired I purged my brain of most of the acronyms. rofl sweatdrop

For the most part you'll do fine going into town (not that it can really be considerd that...) I will tell you the Fred Meyers up there is ******** huge and the best store to go shopping at from just about everything. emotion_kirakira If you use amazon at all think about getting prime...IT HELPS WITH SHIPPING TO HERE emotion_0A0 Seriously shipping s**t is the worst emotion_donotwant

Is that like a Macy's?
Ugh shipping costs are awful...thankfully I don't usually order things too often. The only regular purchases we make are groceries and bills. He's gonna go crazy when I start clothes shopping. rofl
I literally just went clothes shopping for the first time since March and I was looking for an ugly sweater for a party. I have a few jackets but no real "winter clothes" since this is my first year where snow is even a possibility. Still unlikely, I'm just finding out, but the last time it snowed in my hometown I wasn't even born yet. Florida ftw.

Hallowed Pumpkin

18,300 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Falling For You 25
  • Jack-pot 100
Rebellious Revelry
Sachi Aray
Rebellious Revelry

Is that like a Macy's?
Ugh shipping costs are awful...thankfully I don't usually order things too often. The only regular purchases we make are groceries and bills. He's gonna go crazy when I start clothes shopping. rofl
I literally just went clothes shopping for the first time since March and I was looking for an ugly sweater for a party. I have a few jackets but no real "winter clothes" since this is my first year where snow is even a possibility. Still unlikely, I'm just finding out, but the last time it snowed in my hometown I wasn't even born yet. Florida ftw.
More like a walmart and target had a demented love child.

You'll probably be ordering things online more often then normal.

He cant be to mad when it means you'll stay warm XD

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Sachi Aray

I can live with that. XD
He didn't seem too nervous when I told him I'd have to buy new clothes but I bet he thinks I mean I need like two new shirts and maaaybe a jacket. I think with jackets I'll be fine, but I doubt I'll be able to do laundry often enough to get by with only two shirts XD
Thankfully, my parents want to help so maybe this move won't deplete our accounts. XD

Hallowed Pumpkin

18,300 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Falling For You 25
  • Jack-pot 100
Rebellious Revelry
Sachi Aray

I can live with that. XD
He didn't seem too nervous when I told him I'd have to buy new clothes but I bet he thinks I mean I need like two new shirts and maaaybe a jacket. I think with jackets I'll be fine, but I doubt I'll be able to do laundry often enough to get by with only two shirts XD
Thankfully, my parents want to help so maybe this move won't deplete our accounts. XD

It amuses me at times. one stop shopping cleaner then walmart but not as expensive as target.
I would recommend a good jacket that goes to -45. ...seeing as fairbanks can get to negative 60 and is regularly at negative 40 every winter. Also if wearing jeans get some leggings or polar fleece lined ones. other wise you are in for a bad time. also smart wool or just plain wool socks and you will want snow boots. Family helping is always a good thing a very good thing for this kind of move.

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Sachi Aray
Rebellious Revelry
Sachi Aray

I can live with that. XD

It amuses me at times. one stop shopping cleaner then walmart but not as expensive as target.
I would recommend a good jacket that goes to -45. ...seeing as fairbanks can get to negative 60 and is regularly at negative 40 every winter. Also if wearing jeans get some leggings or polar fleece lined ones. other wise you are in for a bad time. also smart wool or just plain wool socks and you will want snow boots. Family helping is always a good thing a very good thing for this kind of move.

That's my main thing: I don't have much that layers well. I've got like a hundred t-shirts but I literally have one long sleeved shirt and it's too small. I have to start going through and getting rid of a bunch of clothes because I'm just gonna need an entirely new wardrobe. At least shopping is fun. XD

Animal Lover

Military spouse here moving to Germany in June.

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
I probably will be on here a lot more...or least try to. The move is coming up in a few days, and guess what? My husband is still going to Alaska, but I'm not. First, they told me EFMP wouldn't change anything it just was to give Wainright a heads up. Then they told me, oh, no it can prevent us from going certain places but whatever happens we won't be split up, now they're telling me for the next three years my husband and I will be on opposite sides of the country. Was NOT ready to hear that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff