Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mentally Handicapped sterilized?

yes 0.41176470588235 41.2% [ 28 ]
no 0.33823529411765 33.8% [ 23 ]
depends 0.25 25.0% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 68 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Liberal Receiver

Only for severe mental deficiencies that result in this person not being able to care for themselves, unattended, let lone another fully dependent being.

Otherwise, I'm pretty much against it.

EDIT;
I feel the need to clarify. There's a man that works at the local supermarket that has Downs Syndrome. He knows he has downs syndrome.
He's about 60 years old and from what I understand, maintains his own job as a bagger relatively unattended.
I would not put him into the section of forced sterilization as he's successful. He knows not to put soap in with foods and meats in with things that won't be cooked. He will occasionally squish the bread by accident, but considering most baggers don't give a s**t and quish your bread anyway? It's fine by me if he makes and oops now and then.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I've been officially declared as mentally handicapped
:T

It's an odd feeling to be a retard and to be aware of it

I say if you do it, make sure that person never realises that this has been done to them
Rampallion Raskolnikov
The LDs Juxtaposed
Rampallion Raskolnikov
The LDs Juxtaposed
Rampallion Raskolnikov

University College Dublin to study medicine and ideally transferring to Trinity College Dublin shortly after.

Luke still beat you sad

I don't have A-levels and English/Irish universities are tough to get into with just US secondary qualifications. Is Luke ever returning? There was something I wanted to ask him.

You clearly don't have any impressive feats then.

About 6 kids from my graduating class could pretty much get into any school.

Only if Rockstar is allowed back.

Hardly, no one from your graduating class could get into Trinity College Dublin to study medicine. Mainly because they don't offer Medicine courses to people with US qualifications. International respect for secondary education in action!

Oh, that's a pity.

Quote:
pretty much

That's not respect that's discrimination wink
Rampallion Raskolnikov
The LDs Juxtaposed
Rampallion Raskolnikov
The LDs Juxtaposed
Rampallion Raskolnikov

I don't have A-levels and English/Irish universities are tough to get into with just US secondary qualifications. Is Luke ever returning? There was something I wanted to ask him.

You clearly don't have any impressive feats then.

About 6 kids from my graduating class could pretty much get into any school.

Only if Rockstar is allowed back.

Hardly, no one from your graduating class could get into Trinity College Dublin to study medicine. Mainly because they don't offer Medicine courses to people with US qualifications. International respect for secondary education in action!

Oh, that's a pity.

Quote:
pretty much

That's not respect that's discrimination wink

Quote:
International respect for secondary education in action!

That's not seriousness, that's sarcasm! wink

Got it, it wasn't sarcasm.
User ImageI think it depends. Not all should be sterilized. I know some good people that have mental handicaps but have a good grasp on things. For real mental retarded adults that think like 5 year olds, it might be appropriate. Especially if they can't understand the concept of being a parent at all. User Image

User Image

Dedicated Loiterer

Baby Blue Bomber
thefluffygamer
Baby Blue Bomber
thefluffygamer
Baby Blue Bomber
Because it's a public forum, and I'll post wherever I want.
Contribute nothing? I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were the discussion police. Please forgive me Officer Dipshit.
It's not an ethical question, it's a ******** retarded one. Everyone who agreed with anything you said in your OP is an idiot.

Well, if you feel it's your place in the world to criticize everyone, then go right ahead. I'm sorry you feel it's your duty to tell everyone off, but I guess that's your choice. Have a good day.
If you don't want to be ridiculed, you're free to stop having ridiculous opinions anytime you like.

You're ridiculing me? I thought it was just a stream of meaningless insults. I apologize; I didn't realize there was any substance to what you were saying.
Oh no, after you suggested the mandatory sterilization of all mentally retarded people, you don't get to play the 'clever' card.

When did I ever suggest sterilization? Go back, read my posts. I never once gave my opinion either way. I was just pointing out that even though the government isn't allowed to pass laws to sterilize its people, the topic is still open for debate on an ethical standpoint.

And if you're wondering, I'm against it. I think there are plenty of viable solutions out there, if we're just willing to splurge for the money and put some time in to programs to help people with developmental disabilities cope with sexual urges and pregnancy, if it comes up.

So thank you for presupposing my beliefs; it's shown me that you really didn't read my posts, and you're just attacking me because you feel threatened that I don't believe as you do.

And if you really feel like insulting each other, here's my retort: At least I have the capacity to play the "clever" card.

Dedicated Loiterer

Burning Bonus

I say if you do it, make sure that person never realises that this has been done to them

If someone like you has the mental capacity to understand and talk about a topic like this, then I find it barbaric to euthanize them without their knowledge. I think if you have your own opinions like this, then you're human, and deserve a say in a decision about your future.

7,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Yes, I think they should be.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
thefluffygamer
Burning Bonus

If someone like you has the mental capacity to understand and talk about a topic like this, then I find it barbaric to euthanize them without their knowledge. I think if you have your own opinions like this, then you're human, and deserve a say in a decision about your future.

I'm pretty sure euthanize and sterilize are different things

just sayin'

> >

'pparently I got classified as mentally handicapped 'cause I can't relate like, understandings into real life actions

Like, I understand the concept of say, one of them weighted toy things that you bop and it never falls over

But I can't remember than when faced with one and all I can think is "why the ******** doesn't it fall over" and I keep bopping it

Or dominoes

I know how dominoes works

But when I play it I always forget how it works, and I'm constantly putting the wrong pieces together.

And then only when I look at it do I get that I did that, and I go to get a new piece to replace it, and I get another wrong piece and I do it agian

Doesn't happen with everything though
clearly I know how a computer works
and how internet works

and I know how to work cash register and do the involved transactions and stuff

Fer some reaosn I my mind can't relate things to the physical world sometimes, and apparently that makes me a kind of retard, to put it bluntly

I get a little bracelet and everything though
People talk slow to me but you know, I don't actually mind

I get distracted anyway so when people talk slow I don't lose grasp of what someone's saying as badly

I always wondered if most cases of mental handicap are something similar, just to a harsher degree and including a lack of ability to communicate their awareness

Rainbow Lover

By that logic abortions better be legal and mandatory for people with corrupt genes. We can only breed the superior races of people and make the retarded and inferior not have children. Wait... Isn't that kind of like the Holocaust?

I respect your opinion, but you better not consider yourself to be better than Hitler.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff