< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

In most situations, yes.

Dedicated Loiterer

Baby Blue Bomber
thefluffygamer
Baby Blue Bomber
thefluffygamer
Baby Blue Bomber
If you don't want to be ridiculed, you're free to stop having ridiculous opinions anytime you like.

You're ridiculing me? I thought it was just a stream of meaningless insults. I apologize; I didn't realize there was any substance to what you were saying.
Oh no, after you suggested the mandatory sterilization of all mentally retarded people, you don't get to play the 'clever' card.

When did I ever suggest sterilization? Go back, read my posts. I never once gave my opinion either way. I was just pointing out that even though the government isn't allowed to pass laws to sterilize its people, the topic is still open for debate on an ethical standpoint.

And if you're wondering, I'm against it. I think there are plenty of viable solutions out there, if we're just willing to splurge for the money and put some time in to programs to help people with developmental disabilities cope with sexual urges and pregnancy, if it comes up.

So thank you for presupposing my beliefs; it's shown me that you really didn't read my posts, and you're just attacking me because you feel threatened that I don't believe as you do.

And if you really feel like insulting each other, here's my retort: At least I have the capacity to play the "clever" card.
Oh, for ******** sake. After defending a morally repulsive viewpoint, you honestly expect anybody to not assume that you share those views?
That's like if you went around waving a swastika flag, but as soon as someone calls you an idiot for supporting those views you turn around and say "whoa, what are you talking about! I just like the swastika symbol! Don't jump to conclusions!"

Yup, since you say you can, you totally can play the clever card. You can do anything you set your mind to! You're a special snowflake ^______________________^

Also, this topic isn't open for debate it all. It's pointless to even argue it; most people would agree that it's a ridiculous idea, and it would never be legalized. If this is open for discussion, then state-enforced castration of Jews should be open for discussion too.

A red herring into a slippery slope! Incredible!
I'm done arguing with you. The only thing that exceeds your stupidity is your arrogance. I'm not wasting my time arguing with a girl who can't even tell her a** from a hole in the ground.

Learn some rhetoric; obviously no one taught you the meaning of the word "logic."

Shameless Gawker

Blueyedancer
Cool Me With Fire
Blueyedancer
Cool Me With Fire
Blueyedancer
Cool Me With Fire
First of all, it is offensive for you to just put 'mentally handicapped' in to a single category. Please fix this.

I apoligize that you got offensive? Its a psychological term...they use it instead of mentally retarded. (I'm not being snippy or mad about what you said).. rather what do you think I should put instead?

You need to specify the illnesses you are talking about... the majority of 'mentally handicapped' people (such as myself) do NOT do those things. The way you put it, it makes it sound like mentally ill people are lower class than humans (ie they don't count as humans). It's extremely offensive.

Apart from that, I disagree with you anyway. Just my opinion.

For that I'm truely sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I was trying not to be offensiv to those that don't lik the words mental retardation. I'm talking about mental retardation... not other mental illnessses or handicaps. I don't belive that they're lower class people ... (in which case i'm talking about mentally retarded people).. I just think that sterilization of them (because of the examples i talked about) wouldn't be a bad idea.

Okay, no worries. I can see you meant nothing by it.

Why do you disagree?

I disagree because I think that it is wrong to do something to someone (innocent) against their will. They need help so that they don't do those things. Sterilization is cruel and it doesn't give the person a chance to be helped and... well I just don't think it's right.

Khaleesi

This is a hard one. To what degree is the person mentally handicapped? Where is the line to be drawn?

I'm not really a fan of eugenics, I'm afraid of the precedents it's set before in Gestalt psychology.
Blueyedancer

I think this because of some things I have witnessed. A family friend has a mentally handicapped kid. He is 13 and is as mature as 5 year old. Yes he can do things but he doesn't understand concepts. Recentlly he has been going through puberty. He has become a threat to little kids now because he doesn't understand that saying, and showing himself is not okay. The family is afraid that he might try to have sex with alittle kid or his sister.

How the devil is sterilisation meant to help the situation?
And there we go. History taught us a lesson and we forget it after less then a century.

You know what I think? I think that it should be mandatory for all kids to make school trips to Auschwitz 1 and Auschwitz - Birkenau. Because clearly, you need to see what ideas like this lead to.
I do agree. I know in the UK they use to do it, but I have no idea if it still continues. A women I know got made sterile about seven years ago because of her mental health, so its a possibility.

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
I'm on the fence, as not all mentally retarded people are severely handicapped or unable to understand things - it's a sliding scale.

Dangerous Lunatic

Hell yeah, every single one of them!
Baby Blue Bomber
I think the only thing more revolting than the OP's idea are all the people that agree with it.
Thanks, Nick. rolleyes

5,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100
As far as personal opinions go, I think there's quite a lot of red flags (aside from medically-diagnosed learning disorders, which I assume is the word you were looking for when using "retarded" wink as to who shouldn't have children. It would be incredibly difficult to implement the laws required to start mass-sterilizing any group of people, however. In fact procedures like that aren't generally carried out in representative democracies (such as the US). I would imagine it would go down well in something with a dictatorship, however!

Lonely Phantom

Yes, I think they should be, depending on the extent of their handicap. Like if they have a high functioning form of autism, they should be responsible enough, right?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff