depends 0.25 25.0% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 68 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Rampallion Raskolnikov
The LDs Juxtaposed
Rampallion Raskolnikov
The Sky Does Not Bow
Rampallion Raskolnikov

Absolutely! There are way too many people in the world as it is, and most of them shouldn't be having children. Sterilization shouldn't only be relegated to the clearly mentally disabled but also extended to anyone who's had a child already and for one reason or another can't properly care for him/her or provide a decent environment to raise him/her in.

How do people think you're smart again?

In real life? I reckon it's something to do with my grades, goals, and standardized testing scores.

Why are you such a humanist?

Quote:
I reckon it's something to do with my grades, goals, and standardized testing scores.

So what Uni are you going to?

University College Dublin to study medicine and ideally transferring to Trinity College Dublin shortly after.

Luke still beat you sad
Rampallion Raskolnikov
The LDs Juxtaposed
Rampallion Raskolnikov
The LDs Juxtaposed
Rampallion Raskolnikov

In real life? I reckon it's something to do with my grades, goals, and standardized testing scores.

Why are you such a humanist?

Quote:
I reckon it's something to do with my grades, goals, and standardized testing scores.

So what Uni are you going to?

University College Dublin to study medicine and ideally transferring to Trinity College Dublin shortly after.

Luke still beat you sad

I don't have A-levels and English/Irish universities are tough to get into with just US secondary qualifications. Is Luke ever returning? There was something I wanted to ask him.

You clearly don't have any impressive feats then.

About 6 kids from my graduating class could pretty much get into any school.

Only if Rockstar is allowed back.

Rainbow Ladykiller

Blueyedancer
1tty bitty kitty
I agree but I also disagree. I think it should be up to the ones watching over the mentally handicapped person. There are some people who only have a mild mental retardation and could still be good parents, while there are others who are more severe and probably wouldn't even be able to be able to comprehend sex. If the mentally handicapped person isn't even going to be having sex, why sterilize them? In case they get raped? I'd leave it up to the person watching over them.

Actually you make a really good point. It does depend on the level of retardation and the person themselves. Some are a high risk of being a predator..ect. some can't even change themselves yet a baby. If the person/facility taking care of this person has a voice then it should happen or not.

Kudos very good insight.

Thank you.
For the greater good, yes, they probably should be.
I was aiming towards a mass genocide but I suppose this can help.
Yes, they don't have the mental resources to care for children (though if they're only slightly mentally handicapped and can still care for a child, then they shouldn't be sterilized), and, in some cases, the mental handicap is genetic and can be passed down, which is another reason they should be sterilized. It's harsh, but that's reality. Sterilization isn't a punishment, especially if you can't comprehend the idea of parenthood in the first place, and I wouldn't say that fertility is a right, since exercising it however you please infringes on the rights of the children that you can't care for and those who will be affected later by any handicaps you pass down. I think having biological children is only a right if, by doing so, you won't be hurting those children by raising them in an unfit environment or by passing a significant genetic issue to them. And adoption should only be a right if you can provide a healthy environment for a child and take proper care of it.
Have you heard of the American Eugenics Movement?

Dedicated Loiterer

Baby Blue Bomber
thefluffygamer
Baby Blue Bomber
thefluffygamer
Baby Blue Bomber

The government doesn't get to decide who can and can't have children.
This really isn't up for debate.

Then why post here? I'm enjoying the arguments, and you come here and contribute nothing of importance to this discussion. It's more of an ethical question than anything else, I'm pretty sure everyone here is aware that the government doesn't have the power to pass any legislation on this matter.
Because it's a public forum, and I'll post wherever I want.
Contribute nothing? I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were the discussion police. Please forgive me Officer Dipshit.
It's not an ethical question, it's a ******** retarded one. Everyone who agreed with anything you said in your OP is an idiot.

Well, if you feel it's your place in the world to criticize everyone, then go right ahead. I'm sorry you feel it's your duty to tell everyone off, but I guess that's your choice. Have a good day.
If you don't want to be ridiculed, you're free to stop having ridiculous opinions anytime you like.

You're ridiculing me? I thought it was just a stream of meaningless insults. I apologize; I didn't realize there was any substance to what you were saying.
Sterilizing the handicapped wouldnt stop them raping people. I know some down syndrome people who would be better parents than most people....

Distinct Dabbler

Sterilizing? i suppose you don't mean dipping with in hand sanitizer...But in context of possible sexual action, I suppose you mean a vasectomy? Or any other type of Permanent Birth Control?

Fashionable Shopper

User ImageI think it should be up to the caregiver of the patient. If the parent/guardian thinks that the life of the patient would be easier if he/she were sterilized then their medical professional should be open to discussing such an option. I don't believe in mandatory sterilization.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff