Video monitor 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 3 ]
Other (please share!) 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
...gold.... 0.3768115942029 37.7% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

Brigid took a step all by herself today...and fell down...and cried, but it's a start!

Marquess: Glad you were able to find your kitty.

Digital: A beaver? What did they do with it?
@Knitsy, Ran, & Moo: Thank you. I think she'll be just fine. She's only five so she should be able to recover fairly nicely. My bigger concern is that I need to get her checked for a UTI and FIV just in case. I think she really just hid out under a bush and couldn't figure out how to get back in so I'm doubtful she caught anything but I don't want her to get Jasp sick on accident. Until then it's separate litter boxes. A huge issue now too is that for some reason Jasper is acting like he doesn't know her at all and keeps hissing at her and antagonizing her. She just tried to rub on him and sit next to him and he nearly attacked her =(

@Moo: That's awesome! Before you know it she'll be running, it happens so fast.

Feral Loiterer

11,925 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Knitsy: Glad I'm not the only one with a shallow (not sure if that's the right word for it maybe insecure?) SIL.

Sade: So glad your kitty came back. My siamese used to go outside all the time then one day I left for my 6 AM shift came homes around 2:45 PM and he was gone. And just my s**t luck it was the 4th of July the next day so I couldn't call the pound. Some do gooding a*****e caught him put him in a box and took him to the pound and since it was a holiday he was left there until the 5th! He still goes outside ever once and a while, but never leaves the yard.

Digi: a beaver? lol I can't imagine they are too tasty nor are beaver pelt hat in style. xd

Nater: Have fun at your art class you deserve a few hours to your self to do something fun.

Iggy: I saw your pictures too adorable!

Father's Day: We ended up doing nothing for Father's Day my husband was an a*****e so I just didn't bother. He's been stressed lately and has been snippy. I don't put up with bullshit so...we're having a rough time.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Comparing babies: everyone thinks their child is the best at everything... ( and they should! ) but it gets old fast. I'm super proud of my smart boys, but I will be equally excited when other peoples babies do things as well... Like, they should be happy! You don't need to compare every last thing... All babies do things differently.

So we picked a bunch of wile blackberries today! Ate some of them in the woods and everything! Haha! Reminded me of doing it when I was a kid!
Comparing babies: Of course I think mine is the absolute best and I do talk a lot about how proud I am of her but I know not every baby is going to develop at the same rate. I'm sure other babies can do some stuff better just like she can do some stuff better than they can. I have a million things to be proud of her for. She can say her name (and point to herself when she does), play patty cake and this little piggy, go to sleep by herself etc. I'm proud of pretty much everything she does and learns and every mother should be proud of their kids but theren's not a reason to compare, it's a pretty bad idea overall.

Sometimes it's hard for me not to compare laynie to other kids. I don't do it out loud but sometimes I do think about it which I believe is natural.
Lily climbed some stairs today. OH NOES IT BEGINS NOW! x-x haha

AND OMG SHE WENT TO SLEEP HERSELF crying I nursed her and she was flipping and flopping and pulling outta my arms... so I put her in the pack n play before she fell off the bed. She rolled around a bit, and fell asleep! My baby crying

Sparkly Smoker

@Perky: Thanks! It took me like two hours to get all of her pictures done. I got some other cute ones that I'm gonna put on Facebook as soon as I can get a cord for my camera. Sorry you're having a rough time with your husband. I bet it'll all smooth out as soon as you guys get back to some kind of normalcy in your lives. emotion_hug

@Stephanie: Awh! Go Lily! I can't wait for Isabella to put herself to sleep. Lol. How's PA?

@Comparing Kids: My SIL and I compare a lot but more so because I look up to her so much and really admire her. She's who I go to for questions! I really don't have any mommy friends besides you guys so I don't have anyone else to compare to. xd

Feral Loiterer

11,925 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Moo: That's so exciting!

Stephanie: Growing up too quick. blaugh
Iggy: It's super lovely so far. smile I forgot how much I miss this place.
I'm getting really scared. I think I might be having implantation bleeding. I'm going to test in the morning. I'm still on the hormone pills and not due to start the placebos until the weekend and I've had some reddish discharge.

Liberal Receiver

To some degree I think it's an innate thing to compare your children to other children. You use it as a gauge by which you tell if your child is at/above where they should be for their age, or behind/below where they should be. To a degree even the medical community enforces this.
However, it gets really ******** annoying really ******** fast.
I really hate the one-up-man-ship that was prevalent in certain people before having kids, when they had kids, it just got so much worse.
I had made the mistake of mentioning that Kalen had an accident recently(He really needed to pee but my brother was in the bathroom, he's free to use the bathroom when B. or I are in the bath, but not other people, he has to ask and he hates asking.) to my niece's godmother(who in her own right is annoying and I usually try not to talk to.) who tried to say her son never had accidents after being potty trained.
Like, either you're lying or son was a pissing prodigy. Mind you, her son is I think 33 now. He's either a year younger than me, or two years younger.
In the vein of trying to be polite I decided to let her gloat and not tell her how she was a horrible mother that probably doesn't even remember her kids being potty trained because she was a bar whore.
And I'm not just using that negatively, she used sex to get drinks. By time my nieces were born she had a husband that shaped her up to be a decent human. She no longer barhopped or whored herself out for drinks, she had a stable job even.
My dad actually met her because he wasn't allowed to get shitfaced when my mom was around(so from legal age back then, so from '81 to '86), so he had to go to a bar, and that's where she spent most of her time.

Also on comparing kids; I'm not sure if I should count Kalen as putting himself to sleep or not. Rare cases of exhaustion aside, I still dress him for bed, make him brush his teeth, tuck him in, read to him, turn off his big light and turn on his nightlight.
I mean, from there he's pretty much on his own to fall asleep. The summer he turned two he stopped wanting to cuddle to sleep because it was sticky. Now he only wants cuddles if sick or hurt.

Missing and found kitties; Oh noes! But oh yes for finding the furbabeh. Hope she's doing better!

At kids not liking water;
My nieces didn't like the water when it was cold when they were under three, but as soon as it got warm, they were partially amphibious.
Refused to keep their suits on, though. They get that from their dad.

Digital Fiend
Happy Father's Day! Jason and Free!

Late reply, but thaaaanks whee

Sammiifayse
I'm getting really scared. I think I might be having implantation bleeding. I'm going to test in the morning. I'm still on the hormone pills and not due to start the placebos until the weekend and I've had some reddish discharge.

Probably doesn't mean much from a strange dude, but I hope you're not having implantation bleeding D:
Comparing: I know I compare Emmett to Belanna and both of them to others. But to me, it's not a matter of oneupmanship but understanding. Someone will say "oh, toddler is doing this" and all I can do is say "oh Emmett did that/never did that" and conversation leads on from there. I don't sit back and go "Emmett is better than your kid 'cause he started walking at 9mo and Belanna is better 'cause she cut a pair of teeth at 4mo". That just doesn't sit well with me. If I ever bring up when my kids hit milestones, it's a comprehension matter.

All that said, I'm kinda worried for Belanna. She is likely going to be in the same grade as my SIL's son (albeit she will be technically a year younger because if how schooling ages are calculated). I would almost guarantee that my SIL will try and compare academic/extracurricular with Belanna and her son. Emmett probably not so much because he'll be at least a grade ahead.

SIL already tries to compare her son to Emmett & Belanna. She'll make such a big deal about how big he is (he is perfectly average), making out like he is huge and no one has ever had a child as big. Meanwhile Belanna is 5mo younger and the sane size, and Emmett was bigger than Belanna at the same age. She gets kinda sulky when that gets pointed out to her after she tries to claim her boy is bigger.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Sade: oh I do it in my head all the time! But that's just about being mature, I think. I've never met a baby who walked earlier than Travis. But it isn't like I go around telling everyone their kid sucks and he is better. >_< typing that even made me feel like an a**. Haha.

I think everyone should think their kids are the best! All babies are special, and deserve to be treated as such. Some people just put too much focus on having to point out why their child is so great.... Idk

Ashton has been having bad dreams the past week and a half... We are going to get him a dream catcher this weekend.... Poor kid waked up screaming and crying after being asleep about an hour. Some times it's just once, and others ( like the other night...) it's several times , or all night long.... Blah.

Sparkly Smoker

My Dad randomally gave me 500 dollars last night. Which is really awesome but also kind of depressing because I think of all the things I WANT to use it on versus what I SHOULD use it on. I'm looking at you medical bills. |:
@ Perky: Insecure. Definitely insecure. My SIL is a real piece of work. She and my brother have been together like... forever (they were high school sweethearts, but haven't been together the whole time). She treats him like s**t. They'll get in a fight, and she'll b***h to EVERYONE, including facebook, leading all her friends/family to thinking he's a dirt bag - and he's not. My stepmom wants to hit her so bad. sad

Comparing kids: Of course we all brag. But it's the ones who do it in a "my kid is better" sense who are the jerks. And the ones who lie/stretch the truth in order to brag. Like I know that Aden is really good at some things, so of course I'll brag about those... but I also know he doesn't excel in other things, and I'm going to be honest about those too. Like when my niece learned to read, and my SIL would brag, I would just say, "Aden's not really interested in learning to read yet, but I know he will." Totally no biggie.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff