Welcome to Gaia! ::

` B I R D Y
Metheshrew
` B I R D Y
My husband is Native American, I'm Asian. As friends told me, it's a very uncommon match-up. His family loves me. My family was a little iffy at first, but he's a very nice guy so they've come to accept him as well.

I think a lot of families who are iffy about it just need time to get used to it. ^^ My grandmother once did not approve of interracial relationships, but my mother married my fater and they adopted my brother and me. She soon got over her disapproval. heart

They were also iffy about it because my husband is 22 years older sweatdrop
But like I said, they got used to it now.

Sometimes age is only a number. ^^

3,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
ShadowYashi
There once was a mouse named Pikachu
He was brown and yellow, real bright!
User Image
Gah, I'm also Pro Homosexuality.
It really pisses me off when people hate gays, because their either over religious, think its a defect or something else. And when I hear others discuss about it so negatively, like these boys at my school were once discussing that a gay male can't play football, because they wouldn't want him to stare at their a** or come onto them in the shower or something..

I was just thinking to myself, you ignorant douchebags, that's so rude.

One day he happened to come across a Thunderstone.
And no longer was there a Pikachu, but a Raichu in sight.

Yashi's horrible attempt at a Pokémon limerick

I made a Gays and God Rant thread about that, lol.
ShadowYashi
User Image
Gah, I'm also Pro Homosexuality.
It really pisses me off when people hate gays, because their either over religious, think its a defect or something else. And when I hear others discuss about it so negatively, like these boys at my school were once discussing that a gay male can't play football, because they wouldn't want him to stare at their a** or come onto them in the shower or something..

I was just thinking to myself, you ignorant douchebags, that's so rude.

It's always funny how some homophobes flatter themselves into thinking that a homosexual would even be interested in them in the first place.
Metheshrew
` B I R D Y

It is. And men age very gracefully. If I were in my 40s I'd be all old and wrinkly, but he carries himself very well. The bits of gray actually look very sexy IMO. xd
` B I R D Y
Metheshrew
` B I R D Y

It is. And men age very gracefully. If I were in my 40s I'd be all old and wrinkly, but he carries himself very well. The bits of gray actually look very sexy IMO. xd

Oooohhh...he sounds charming. ^^
User Image
Exactly! Don't flatter yourself and it also annoys me, that they would have to hide their sexuality, because some people are against having gays on their workforce or what have you and I think its unfair, because their human too. Just because someone's sexual orientation is different from yours, doesn't make them any different from you.
Same goes for race, so what if he's ______ and I'm ______ we're all human, no one is better than the other, we're all equal around here.

. . . unless you live in a communist country, then that's a different story >_>;;;

Yeah, I don't mind the age factor, as long as your grown.
Anyone under the age of 18, dating a 20 something yea old man, is very sick and wrong in my book. . . its like your a child and he's a grown a** man, isn't that like Rape and *****. . . its *shudders* ugh.
Depending on the person bits of gray in the hair is definitely sexy. . . *nods*

I was 17 when I met him...we dated for 3 years then got married. I have 2 step daughters 5 and 3 years younger than me...
Ages aside, I think the native american culture is very interesting. Some of their stories and legends are amazing. There are also things I find funny, like how taking a photograph of someone is like taking a bit of their soul...I'd joke with my husband that if that's true, then I must have no soul left.
ShadowYashi
User Image
Exactly! Don't flatter yourself and it also annoys me, that they would have to hide their sexuality, because some people are against having gays on their workforce or what have you and I think its unfair, because their human too. Just because someone's sexual orientation is different from yours, doesn't make them any different from you.
Same goes for race, so what if he's ______ and I'm ______ we're all human, no one is better than the other, we're all equal around here.

. . . unless you live in a communist country, then that's a different story >_>;;;

Yeah, I don't mind the age factor, as long as your grown.
Anyone under the age of 18, dating a 20 something yea old man, is very sick and wrong in my book. . . its like your a child and he's a grown a** man, isn't that like Rape and *****. . . its *shudders* ugh.
Depending on the person bits of gray in the hair is definitely sexy. . . *nods*

lol I found Johnny Depp oddly attractive in Sweeny Todd. I know it's weird, but there was something about that one streak of white in his hair that I just found sexy!
` B I R D Y
I was 17 when I met him...we dated for 3 years then got married. I have 2 step daughters 5 and 3 years younger than me...
Ages aside, I think the native american culture is very interesting. Some of their stories and legends are amazing. There are also things I find funny, like how taking a photograph of someone is like taking a bit of their soul...I'd joke with my husband that if that's true, then I must have no soul left.

Have you ever read the book Tracks, by Edrich?
Metheshrew
` B I R D Y

No I havn't. I just looked it up though, seems interesting.
` B I R D Y
Metheshrew
` B I R D Y

No I havn't. I just looked it up though, seems interesting.

It's really good. I had to read it for my literature class last quater. I should prepare you that there is some really depressing parts, though.
User Image
@Birdy: Wow, that sounds so interesting. I've never met a Native American. . . but considering where I live, I doubt I'll be meeting one soon.
At least, until I get away from Philly and go to an extremely racially diverse college, I am so sick of black people >_>;;

ShadowYashi
User Image
@Birdy: Wow, that sounds so interesting. I've never met a Native American. . . but considering where I live, I doubt I'll be meeting one soon.
At least, until I get away from Philly and go to an extremely racially diverse college, I am so sick of black people >_>;;

LOL well one of the art professors at my college is Native American. He's like one of the most awesome people I know. Really funny too. I've never met a more sarcastic person.
Where I grew up, a lot of my friends were either aboriginals or metis. And a lot of husband's relatives still live on reserves too. And appearantly, the tribe elder recently passed away, and him being the oldest son in his family, is going to possibly take over the elder title. Very, very interesting culture they have. And he's just as interested ed the Chinese culture; he said it has always been his dream to live in China.
User Image
Wow. I sorry for the loss D:
So, will he be like busy with all the Tribe Elder duties?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces