Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Lady Sekhmet
Chieftain Twilight
Lady Sekhmet

I should have known there was a poly thread. Thanks.

Yep, I tried to explain to him that accepting poly doesn't make me poly. Having the desire or need for multiple partners would and that simply isn't the case. I put all of my energy into my relationship with him. Don't have enough to spare for someone else even if I was inclined to do so.

In the beginning he kept trying to convince me that I was bi. He seems to have given up on that idea now so I figure the poly thing will go the same way. He came across a post on fet where I responded to someone who is having some of the same issues that I have. Didn't really want him to read that but should have known he would and actually he now is aware of my issues so it's ended up not being a terrible thing. He is trying to make sure that I get the attention that I need but he just can't seem to grasp that as much as we love each other we have two completely different mindsets when it comes to this. I'm just not big on sharing.

well huh... this is interesting.

pardon me for squeezing in, here, but I actually happen to be a Poly myself and this post grabbed my attention.

I am curious about this, because it seems almost like your boyfriend has been showing signs of trying to shape you into what he wants to believe you are... and yet, when he's made aware of difficulties that plague your mind he becomes very sensitive to those issues and wants to help correct them as best he can.

I don't know whether to think that that is a controlling self-deluded kind of relationship on his part, or simply a naive and slightly ignorant one.

I don't mean to be rude or judgemental when I say this, more like inquisitive and observing... actually, I have to say that the mention of him making an effort for you brought a smile to my face. smile

I hope I'm not being creepy.

Oh no, not creepy at all.

I'm afraid that I confused people in the poly thread and painted my Dom in a rather poor light which he really doesn't deserve. Yesterday we disagreed but he kept his sense of humor which makes me think that he would like me to come over to his way of thinking but right now he is most likely teasing me. The problem in that is that I do take this aspect of our relationship seriously. I would have never thought that I would have ended up with a polyamorous individual so that alone is a challenge to my belief system. I do my best to keep any jealous in check. I also absolutely hate the idea of being a needy sub and when I have to share I have found that I become more needy. I don't need a lot of attention to be happy but I need a little often. That is what he is working on right now. We are both very stubborn but we also both will back out of an argument and let the other person "win." For me, as his sub, that's a natural response but when he does it I tend to be amazed and touched that he cares enough about me to swallow his pride. He is ever bit my Dom but the respect that we have for each other gets us through the rough spots and I'm sure that will help me through this one.

Right now, one of his slaves and I have been discussing how to set up a schedule for him to help him manage his time so we all get to spend time with him. Our thoughts are now centered on the idea that he is not use to having to juggle a larger household so it will be a learning experience for us all.

thing is, in Poly relationships as well as BDSM, responcibility and communication are the most important aspects, along with Trust and Honesty. some of the behavior mentioned is already a set of red flags.

but, he is clearly trying, and after all it isn't easy to pair Polies and Monogamous folks. I have struggled with it myself, and am realy not convinced that it works at all.... that is why I'm interested in following your relationship. maybe I can be proved wrong. smile

I would venture to assume that he's very unused to being with someone monogamous... it can present a huge challenge, especially when neither side realy understands the other's point of view or mindset. but working out scheduals like that can be helpful in laying a groundwork.
Chieftain Twilight

thing is, in Poly relationships as well as BDSM, responcibility and communication are the most important aspects, along with Trust and Honesty. some of the behavior mentioned is already a set of red flags.

but, he is clearly trying, and after all it isn't easy to pair Polies and Monogamous folks. I have struggled with it myself, and am realy not convinced that it works at all.... that is why I'm interested in following your relationship. maybe I can be proved wrong. smile

I would venture to assume that he's very unused to being with someone monogamous... it can present a huge challenge, especially when neither side realy understands the other's point of view or mindset. but working out scheduals like that can be helpful in laying a groundwork.

He has actually had three failed marriages, two exclusive and one open/poly. Oddly enough the poly marriage ended the nastiest of the three. But at least I do know he has been in monogamous relationships. He tells me that the reason he likes to have a poly house is because he is greedy....which tells me he is honest about his needs.

I told him that as long as he is honest with me, I believe I can handle his lifestyle. It may end up being too much for me to deal with in the long run but I am willing to try. I just need him to give a little also. If it all becomes one sided I fear that will cause problems for me.

I am trying to educate myself about poly relationships and trying to figure out poly psychology. Learning, I feel, is my best option to making the relationship work. I need to try to understand how he thinks and why our needs are different. I don't view either as wrong, just different.

Apart from him trying to convince me things about myself that I know aren't true, what red flags go you see?
She has a body like an hourglass...
Hullo, BDSM support group!
I have come to seek your wisdom!
I want to know where I would fall into the category of BDSM.
I enjoy being mistreated, but not physically. I'm not particularly a fan of pain or being beaten.
I'm leaning more towards being humiliated, dominated, bound, overpowered, controlled.
Things of the sort.
Oh and I have a hypnosis fetish.
So what BDSM category do I fall into?
I have been confused about this for a while. Would I still be a bottom even though I don't like pain or anything?
Please help me out here!

...and a mind like a diamond.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Lady Sekhmet
Chieftain Twilight

He has actually had three failed marriages, two exclusive and one open/poly. Oddly enough the poly marriage ended the nastiest of the three. But at least I do know he has been in monogamous relationships. He tells me that the reason he likes to have a poly house is because he is greedy....which tells me he is honest about his needs.

I told him that as long as he is honest with me, I believe I can handle his lifestyle. It may end up being too much for me to deal with in the long run but I am willing to try. I just need him to give a little also. If it all becomes one sided I fear that will cause problems for me.

I am trying to educate myself about poly relationships and trying to figure out poly psychology. Learning, I feel, is my best option to making the relationship work. I need to try to understand how he thinks and why our needs are different. I don't view either as wrong, just different.

Apart from him trying to convince me things about myself that I know aren't true, what red flags go you see?

well, that's interesting...

and red flags... I'll have to analyze more closely when I'm not multitasking.

Fashionable Fatcat

Thy Young Prosecutor
I enjoy being mistreated, but not physically. I'm not particularly a fan of pain or being beaten.
I'm leaning more towards being humiliated, dominated, bound, overpowered, controlled.
Things of the sort.
I have been confused about this for a while. Would I still be a bottom even though I don't like pain or anything?
Please help me out here!

A bottom is not always a masochist, and a masochist is not always a bottom. You can be both, but you don't have to be.

...Er, also, I am new here too. I will go back to lurking now.
Thy Young Prosecutor
Things of the sort.
Please help me out here!

Yep. You could be a bottom or since you like being controlled you may identify as being a submissive or slave just not a masochist.
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Thy Young Prosecutor
Things of the sort.
Please help me out here!

A bottom is not always a masochist, and a masochist is not always a bottom. You can be both, but you don't have to be.

No. No going back to lurking. Also yes those are submissive actions, being a sub doesn't mean physical pain, there's a whole spectrum

Fashionable Fatcat

Imocki
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Thy Young Prosecutor
Things of the sort.
Please help me out here!

No. No going back to lurking. Also yes those are submissive actions, being a sub doesn't mean physical pain, there's a whole spectrum

But I like lurking....
Also I believe there is technically a difference between submissive and bottom. Bottom is merely a position, submissive is a personality description.
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Imocki
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Thy Young Prosecutor
Things of the sort.
Please help me out here!

But I like lurking....
Also I believe there is technically a difference between submissive and bottom. Bottom is merely a position, submissive is a personality description.
I know of a fun webcomic that helped me learn a few things. It's made by a legal dungeon worker http://nicbuxom.blogspot.com/

Fashionable Fatcat

Imocki
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Imocki
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Thy Young Prosecutor
Things of the sort.
Please help me out here!

But I like lurking....
I know of a fun webcomic that helped me learn a few things. It's made by a legal dungeon worker http://nicbuxom.blogspot.com/

Heh, cute. The corset/undressing in the bathroom one I have at work too, though I'm certainly not in that line of work sweatdrop Tour guide in Victorian clothes, and the corsets and hoops do not make things any easier.
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Imocki
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Imocki
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Thy Young Prosecutor
Things of the sort.
Please help me out here!

But I like lurking....

Heh, cute. The corset/undressing in the bathroom one I have at work too, though I'm certainly not in that line of work sweatdrop Tour guide in Victorian clothes, and the corsets and hoops do not make things any easier.
you force the body into a shape and to keep it there, I would imagine it does make it hard to move, though hard to move is a fair portion of the BDSM community

Fashionable Fatcat

Imocki
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Imocki
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Imocki

But I like lurking....

you force the body into a shape and to keep it there, I would imagine it does make it hard to move, though hard to move is a fair portion of the BDSM community

It's actually not that bad, I've been wearing one semi-regularly for a few years now so I know how to move and breathe in one. Its only painful when someone inexperienced with corsets tries to lace me into it.

Dangerous Lover

XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Imocki
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Imocki
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Imocki

But I like lurking....

It's actually not that bad, I've been wearing one semi-regularly for a few years now so I know how to move and breathe in one. Its only painful when someone inexperienced with corsets tries to lace me into it.
What do you feel is the best method for tight lacing? Do you like to be at an angle for it?

Fashionable Fatcat

S c h a d 3 n f r e u d e
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Imocki
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Imocki

What do you feel is the best method for tight lacing? Do you like to be at an angle for it?

I don't really do tight lacing, at least not the way most people mean it, with the every day wear. I do wear a corset with an 8 inch reduction, but I'm not a very petite girl so its not quite as striking as the girls with the extreme rib-curve corsets.
XOfxPlasticXAndxElasticX
Thy Young Prosecutor
Things of the sort.
Please help me out here!

Thanks! ^_^ I'm cleared up on it now! I kinda thought that same thing, I just wasn't too sure. Again, thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces