Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aiko Amaya

Okay, first off, I'm on birthcontrol (Depo Provera/The Shot) and I have been for about 6 months. Well a couple of nights ago my boyfriend and I had sex without a condom, like usual, but this time I let him c** inside of me, instead of pulling out. Well its more like, I made him. Now he's a teensy bit worried about whether I could get pregnant or not. I'm pretty certain I wont be, since everytime he's pulled out he came a little before he was tottaly out. But he's always worried that I'll get pregnant, probably because he's a guy.
But my queston is, or my asking for you opinion, do you think I have a high chance of getting pregnant?

There is a 99.9% chance that if you had sex around every day for an entire year you would not get pregnant. Using a condom with it makes it about 99.997%, with nonoxynol 9 is about 99.9999947%. Any way you go there's basically absolutely no way you will get pregnant.

Just as long as you're not using other medications that could interact with your birth control. If you are taking other things like antibiotics then it can almost make it like you aren't even taking birth control. But the figures above are "if taken as directed" which is a portion of the birth control's directions.
RyokosLilSister
No, the chances aren't high according to the FDA. Remember though, there could still be a chance. Maybe take a test to be certain, but I doubt you are.

exatly
I'm on depo also and according to statistics there is a less than 1% chance of you getting pregnate..

Now You have to get the shot on the due date, 1-2 weeks before or 1 week after, if you are late on getting your shot you will have to take a preg. Test..

In my expeirences I've thought I was pregnate, due to weight gain. and every time I thought so I went and got checked, course I wasnt and the drs laughed at me..

Its very very VERY unlikely that you are pregnate, but if you and/or him is/are concerned then do a combo. or talk it over

if you or any one has any more questions about depo or birth control I am a good source cause I spent months on research. So feel free to PM me
there is a chance but dont worry about it unless you start to show signs.
BrightEyes182
there is a chance but dont worry about it unless you start to show signs.

If shes worried, or hes worried it would be a good thing to get a test, esspecially if they arent ready to have a child, then she can take the day after pill/ 72 hour pill.
No, if you're on the shot, you do NOT have a high chance of getting/being pregnant at all.

According to Planned Parenthood:

"The shot is one of the most effective reversible methods of birth control. Of every 1,000 women who use it correctly and consistently, only three will become pregnant during the first year of use. Three in 100 women will become pregnant with typical use.

Protection is immediate if you take the shot during the first five days of your period. Otherwise, use a backup method of contraception for the first week. Protection lasts for 12 weeks."

Which means that with typical use, you still have a 97% effectiveness rate. That number just gets higher if you use it better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff