Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Champion

Volrezzo
final_wolf
Volrezzo
Would she be mad or upset then? and just because you didn't wait till after work?
She would be upset that I didn't wait until after work. Truthfully I don't think she's ready to be a grandma yet. I think that's her biggest thing. The other thing is she wants me to wait until I'm in my late 20's to have kids. Like how she waited. Sorry mom that's you not me.

Well, you could tell her, you might just be overexaggerating how she would react razz , I think she might end up really excited to find out she is a grandma, although, it may depend, because I don't know your parents razz
I may be exaggerating or may not be. She just has her standards set way too high for me in her mind. In my mind I'm well over my standards and couldn't be happier. Well except for one of my pups who could act a little more well behaved, other than that I'm happy.

angel: I know that it does affect her and I know I don't need their approval for anything, but it would still be nice to know the people that raised you would be excited for you.

Moonlight Champion

Heading off for now be back later. Hopefully I will have told her the great news and hopefully she won't be too upset.
If you have your own place, have insurance, and are financially stable, what does it matter what she thinks? She doesn't control your life anymore. If she's pissy about it, she'll get over it. Hell, she has 9 months to get over it. Just tell her and ignore whatever negative comments she may have.
I think you should decide NOT to tell her. Or your father. Or anyone, at least until you are 3 months along. Most miscarriges happen in the first 2 months, so if you get past that, you are pretty much in the clear.

And then it should be sometime in January, so your mom will have nothing to complain about.

Reading what I just wrote, it sounds pretty harsh. It was meant to be cautionary. I hope everything goes well for you!

Adorable Fatcat

final_wolf
Okay, my hubby and I are both 23, been married since May of 2011 been together since 05'. Have had our own house (an actual home home not apartment), since Aug 2010. We are stable and well fitted for our first baby. We just found out on Nov 19th that I am with child. That would put me at about 4 weeks preggy.
Anyway, here's the situation, I love my daddy and my mom. I'd be excited to tell daddy if mom wasn't around. But she is. I have to tell them at the same time no choice there. Anyway, my mom wanted me to wait until I was done with work (leaving work Dec. 19th) so I can be a stay at home mommy. My hubby and I have discussed this for a long time now. Anyway, I have primiary insurance at my place and secondary on my hubby's. My mom thinks that if I get preggy before I leave work insurance won't cover me. However, they have to since I am already on their plan (My hubby's plan would be the insurance paying). She doesn't understand that I am insuraned no matter what.
So how do I tell her that I'm preggy? Also I feel like I'm letting my mom down for whatever reason. (she has always had high standards of me and I feel with being preggy before I leave work that she will flip). Any ideas on how to break the ice?

EDIT
I know this is gaia, bunch of kids on it, I'm just hoping to find some nice peeps out there. Especially those who are already mothers and might be able to shine some light on my situation.

Your mother is wrong. Your husband just needs to put in a change of status with his work within 30 days of you terminating your job and you're covered.

THere are plenty of people that don't share the news until the first trimester is over. If need be, just hold off on telling anyone until after you are done with your job.

O.G. Elder

You are only so far into it and if you leave in December she should just keep her mouth shut. Honestly. Also if shes one of those I know whats best mothers [some are, actually] thats shoves things down your throat then promptly remind her you have your own life out of her roost.

350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
final_wolf
Volrezzo
Is it possible to get proof of insurance? maybe if you give physical evidence that you're covered, your mom won't be upset.

I really can't prove to her anymore atm. Since I'm on hubby's insurance for secondary. Would have to use mine until I quit work and then his insurance will be primary. She knows I'm on his insurance as well as mine already.

Garethp: XD I bet it was satisfying. perhaps I should also add, I like to play peacekeeper until I'm forced to play the bad guy. Damn me for being a people pleaser.

8,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
final_wolf
Okay, my hubby and I are both 23, been married since May of 2011 been together since 05'. Have had our own house (an actual home home not apartment), since Aug 2010. We are stable and well fitted for our first baby. We just found out on Nov 19th that I am with child. That would put me at about 4 weeks preggy.
Anyway, here's the situation, I love my daddy and my mom. I'd be excited to tell daddy if mom wasn't around. But she is. I have to tell them at the same time no choice there. Anyway, my mom wanted me to wait until I was done with work (leaving work Dec. 19th) so I can be a stay at home mommy. My hubby and I have discussed this for a long time now. Anyway, I have primiary insurance at my place and secondary on my hubby's. My mom thinks that if I get preggy before I leave work insurance won't cover me. However, they have to since I am already on their plan (My hubby's plan would be the insurance paying). She doesn't understand that I am insuraned no matter what.
So how do I tell her that I'm preggy? Also I feel like I'm letting my mom down for whatever reason. (she has always had high standards of me and I feel with being preggy before I leave work that she will flip). Any ideas on how to break the ice?

EDIT
I know this is gaia, bunch of kids on it, I'm just hoping to find some nice peeps out there. Especially those who are already mothers and might be able to shine some light on my situation.

Look my sweet...you are you and she is she....you can not control her ways and she can not control yours....if you are ok with all of this then thats all that matters....congrats by the way

gramps

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces