Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolutely, I don't claim to be European. My parents don't have European accents. They are American, and so am I. I am happy to be an American, I like America it is a beautiful place.

But, yes ethnically I am German, Irish, Russian. But, as I was not born in these places and I don't have memories being in these countries, its not my nationality.

However America being the culturally melting pot that it is, my family does have European traditions. Every year we make sauerkraut and I grew up eating rye bread, kasha, and drinking kombucha. But, also eating Japanese food rice and stir fry vegetables, miso soup. Mexican food tacos, tamales. and Italian food. (growing up with these foods makes Russia and these cultures not seem so foreign because I am used to fermented food, I tired to make kvass and recently bought some from a Russian store I like it)

Being American you are exposed to lots of cultures.

But, you'll always be American, just like a transgender man is always a man. But, roleplay is roleplay.

Like I said I like being American, I feel it makes me different and unique. I love my country.

If you wanted to be Japanese and you got citizenship, you would still be an American that got Japanese citizenship. You have to live in the realworld, but that does not mean you can't live the way you want, or the life you want. Just be honest, or don't get upset when people see the truth.

-Shalua

Backwoods Duck

When it comes to the topic of Japanese culture, I've actually done some studying about it because I just feel their culture is extremely neat. It's not just because of anime (I only watch a handful at best.) But I don't want to be "japanese", per say.

I am an American, and I'm what I consider a "mutt". I have a little bit of everything in my blood if you go back my family tree far enough (which a family member has successfully done. holy hell.) My great-great grandmother was Choctaw indian, but she chose to identify as one and be legally recognized, despite the fact that either her grandfather or great grandfather was born in Ireland; therefore, this did not make her full blooded.

In this case, if I wish to embrace my Indian roots, or even my British, Irish, or even German ancestry... I feel that I should have the right to do so. People who choose to identify as whatever they please, I personally have no problem with it.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

16,950 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Mortok
Transsexuality is a real, diagnosable condition.

Rachel Dolezal's delusions are not.

This topic was made waaay before anyone even knew who she was. xD
Trans-racial isn't an accepted concept yet. I'd say, if anything, that it is still in its infancy. More research on these things and how they might tie together needs to be done.
Shalua Rui1213
Absolutely, I don't claim to be European. My parents don't have European accents. They are American, and so am I. I am happy to be an American, I like America it is a beautiful place.

But, yes ethnically I am German, Irish, Russian. But, as I was not born in these places and I don't have memories being in these countries, its not my nationality.

However America being the culturally melting pot that it is, my family does have European traditions. Every year we make sauerkraut and I grew up eating rye bread, kasha, and drinking kombucha. But, also eating Japanese food rice and stir fry vegetables, miso soup. Mexican food tacos, tamales. and Italian food. (growing up with these foods makes Russia and these cultures not seem so foreign because I am used to fermented food, I tired to make kvass and recently bought some from a Russian store I like it)

Being American you are exposed to lots of cultures.

But, you'll always be American, just like a transgender man is always a man. But, roleplay is roleplay.

Like I said I like being American, I feel it makes me different and unique. I love my country.

If you wanted to be Japanese and you got citizenship, you would still be an American that got Japanese citizenship. You have to live in the realworld, but that does not mean you can't live the way you want, or the life you want. Just be honest, or don't get upset when people see the truth.

-Shalua

Japanese is both an ethnic group and a nationality. To get Japanese citizenship (which might also entail losing the American citizenship) would basically mean being Japanese, at least nationally. The reverse to that would be true, too. If someone gained American citizenship, that doesn't automatically mean that the person isn't American. There are many social issues on that, too. And those issues happen to involve discrimination against the foreigner.

The real world just involves a lack of acceptance, I'd say.

Anxious Man-Lover

It is not okay to be any of those things, you're born in the US, don't fool around and stay American. Or you're born black - stay black! There's completely nothing wrong with your race and wanting to change it is actually insulting and disrespectful towards your own people.
Of course, there are people born with chromosome mutations such as; Klinefelter syndrome and many other birth defects where people are BORN transgender. Those situations are completely different than what I'm talking about.
But when GROWN men act like women is wrong. Everyone's calling caitlyn jenner a hero for what he/she did is just... ugh
Whenever someone says a hero I imagine someone doing something heroic (saving someone, sacrificing yourself, etc) not becoming a woman :/ If you're born with a XY stay an XY!
TL;DR If you're not sick, don't act like you are! emotion_c8
meuq
It is not okay to be any of those things, you're born in the US, don't fool around and stay American. Or you're born black - stay black! There's completely nothing wrong with your race and wanting to change it is actually insulting and disrespectful towards your own people.
Of course, there are people born with chromosome mutations such as; Klinefelter syndrome and many other birth defects where people are BORN transgender. Those situations are completely different than what I'm talking about.
But when GROWN men act like women is wrong. Everyone's calling caitlyn jenner a hero for what he/she did is just... ugh
Whenever someone says a hero I imagine someone doing something heroic (saving someone, sacrificing yourself, etc) not becoming a woman :/ If you're born with a XY stay an XY!
TL;DR If you're not sick, don't act like you are! emotion_c8

emotion_facepalm

Tainiae's Partner

Amorous Ladykiller

Mortok

You're saying it took, like, 5-8 weeks at least just for this mind-bogglingly stupid and terrible thread to hit six pages?

********, the forums are so slow now.

It's been three months since the thread opened and I'm just now getting tips again. rofl

Fashionable Shapeshifter

16,950 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Mortok
Poopoo Pikachu
Mortok
Transsexuality is a real, diagnosable condition.

Rachel Dolezal's delusions are not.

This topic was made waaay before anyone even knew who she was. xD

You're saying it took, like, 5-8 weeks at least just for this mind-bogglingly stupid and terrible thread to hit six pages?

********, the forums are so slow now.

I posted this back in April O__O Seriously wtf!? I'm already bored of the topic too, like days after it was made, so I don't know why it's still alive. =__= I'm certainly not contributing.

Humorist

castigat ridendo mores
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff