but they have a lot of stresses on them too

so i don't know anymore whose is worse

all i know is i don't honestly care

8,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Stallionare13
guys!!!! yes they have it eaiser for a lot of reasons...... and I think so because girls don't choose their life long partner, the boys do...........and they purpose... not us...... crying not fair. and they can break girls hearts the most...i think so

Um, I'm pretty sure most of the girls around here at least will get to choose their lifelong partners... or propose if they want to.. and guys probably do more break girls' hearts but that's because there tend to be more guys dating girls than girls dating girls.

To throw some evidence on the other end:

Boys have higher chances of being miscarried and higher infant mortality rate. They're more likely to die before reaching adulthood.

Males in China now have trouble finding wives and the like because of what went on there.

If you really want to look at the other side of the world (and hell, if we ever have a draft, this one too), males are more likely to be called to war or sold as soldiers.

It's considered perfectly acceptable for a girl to not work and leave that to her husband. Guys who try that are looked down upon.

In most modern countries (which are the ones you are almost certainly living in), women can keep their last names and have basically the same rights as men.

Men are expected to be strong, tough, and not show emotion.

Male homosexuals suffer a lot more stigma than females seem to.

Guys as a whole will likely suffer more physical injuries than women.

No female (again, modern country) has to get pregnant. If they want children there are options like abortion. If they get pregnant and decide early on they don't want the child, they will get a say in whether they wish to keep it or not.

People act like it's okay to hit men and it's a travesty to hit women. People go so far as to abuse male genitals without a second thought being given.

Periods are not the end of the world. You'll live.

Many women can experience multiple orgasms.

In case of a divorce, men are more likely to lose custody of their children.

When a man yells at a woman, he's an inconsiderate jerk who doesn't give a s**t about her. When a woman yells at a man, he's an inconsiderate jerk who doesn't give a s**t about her. They can never win.

Men who are raped feel more stigma in coming out about it.

Men are more likely to be drawn into a life violent crime, and end up in prison.

Less men are starting to go to college.

There is a lot more pressure on guys to have sex, be good at sports, carry on the family name, etc.

If you show emotion you're gay or a wimp.

Girls pms, and guys are usually the ones to take the brunt of it without ever complaining about emotional abuse.

If a guy can't get a date he's a loser. If a girl can't get a date the right man just hasn't come along and all the ones around are losers.

If a guy wants to look pretty, wear make-up, or dress like a girl - he's a f**/emo. If a girl wants to be a jock, dress like a boy, and not wear make-up she's a tomboy... maybe.

The list goes on, but I really don't feel like it. If you think any of this is contrived or doesn't matter much, so is most of the s**t girls post. Individuals have it harder. Not genders. We've all got our hurdles to jump.
I'll say it depends on the individual...
guys i guess

7,625 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
What Shadow_Prowler said.
mellyMURDER
guys i guess

think the same

7,625 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Eisvernichter
mellyMURDER
guys i guess

think the same

Anyone have reasons?
Decent ones that we haven't already heard?
Shadow_Prowler
Stallionare13
guys!!!! yes they have it eaiser for a lot of reasons...... and I think so because girls don't choose their life long partner, the boys do...........and they purpose... not us...... crying not fair. and they can break girls hearts the most...i think so

Um, I'm pretty sure most of the girls around here at least will get to choose their lifelong partners... or propose if they want to.. and guys probably do more break girls' hearts but that's because there tend to be more guys dating girls than girls dating girls.

To throw some evidence on the other end:

Boys have higher chances of being miscarried and higher infant mortality rate. They're more likely to die before reaching adulthood.

Males in China now have trouble finding wives and the like because of what went on there.

If you really want to look at the other side of the world (and hell, if we ever have a draft, this one too), males are more likely to be called to war or sold as soldiers.

It's considered perfectly acceptable for a girl to not work and leave that to her husband. Guys who try that are looked down upon.

In most modern countries (which are the ones you are almost certainly living in), women can keep their last names and have basically the same rights as men.

Men are expected to be strong, tough, and not show emotion.

Male homosexuals suffer a lot more stigma than females seem to.

Guys as a whole will likely suffer more physical injuries than women.

No female (again, modern country) has to get pregnant. If they want children there are options like abortion. If they get pregnant and decide early on they don't want the child, they will get a say in whether they wish to keep it or not.

People act like it's okay to hit men and it's a travesty to hit women. People go so far as to abuse male genitals without a second thought being given.

Periods are not the end of the world. You'll live.

Many women can experience multiple orgasms.

In case of a divorce, men are more likely to lose custody of their children.

When a man yells at a woman, he's an inconsiderate jerk who doesn't give a s**t about her. When a woman yells at a man, he's an inconsiderate jerk who doesn't give a s**t about her. They can never win.

Men who are raped feel more stigma in coming out about it.

Men are more likely to be drawn into a life violent crime, and end up in prison.

Less men are starting to go to college.

There is a lot more pressure on guys to have sex, be good at sports, carry on the family name, etc.

If you show emotion you're gay or a wimp.

Girls pms, and guys are usually the ones to take the brunt of it without ever complaining about emotional abuse.

If a guy can't get a date he's a loser. If a girl can't get a date the right man just hasn't come along and all the ones around are losers.

If a guy wants to look pretty, wear make-up, or dress like a girl - he's a f**/emo. If a girl wants to be a jock, dress like a boy, and not wear make-up she's a tomboy... maybe.

The list goes on, but I really don't feel like it. If you think any of this is contrived or doesn't matter much, so is most of the s**t girls post. Individuals have it harder. Not genders. We've all got our hurdles to jump.

Much more males also suffer from depression and schizofrenia than women.

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
None, I can't really decide.
Eh, life varies from person to person. I am a girl and I clearly have an easier life than some old homeless guy on the street.
Both have it hard.

8,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
cz75gsc

Much more males also suffer from depression and schizofrenia than women.

From what little I know about schizophrenia, men seem to get early onset and females are more likely to develop it later on in life. Last I checked rates were about fairly equal but I could be wrong on that. Pretty sure the rates for depression in women were higher but that wouldn't surprise me. Men are less likely to come out about such things anyways.

There are really so many mental illnesses out there and so many 'people of this gender are more likely to get it than people of the that gender' ratios that I didn't even bother going into it. I'm pretty sure if I tried I could find quite a few mental illnesses occurring more frequently in males, though.
Unnormal
Yes, they don't have to give birth, but I don't really think one gender has it harder than the other in this day and age. A hundred years ago, of course they had it better, but today? I think not.

true

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces