Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Phantom

14,625 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I was an atheist most of my life before Norse Gods started kicking my door down.

Loki is closest to my heart and my Fultrui, and Sigyn is just as important to me.
Sadly Marvel is huge now so I don't like to talk about it; people think I worship a comic book supervillain... even though LOKI Loki is hardly like Marvel Loki and I don't even like Marvel all that much.
whee

I'm still not totally sure WHAT a deity is. Some kind of energy maybe? A mass idea so old it has real power now? I think about these things without making a decision. But they're ~real~ to me somehow, for some reason, so I pay respect to that.

tamtonica's Partner

Hygienic Bibliophile

8,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Don't believe in any god, never really have.
I tried, but it never worked out. I don't miss religion in my daily life, though, so it's fine.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
lottitheunicorn
I tried, but it never worked out. I don't miss religion in my daily life, though, so it's fine.

THEY'RE OVERRATED ANYWAY... we're better off without one (well technically, i'd rather keep gods around tho; otherwise, we won't have all these myths and legends. and all these movies based off those myths and legends.) wink

tamtonica's Partner

Hygienic Bibliophile

8,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Samuel Grant
lottitheunicorn

THEY'RE OVERRATED ANYWAY... we're better off without one (well technically, i'd rather keep gods around tho; otherwise, we won't have all these myths and legends. and all these movies based off those myths and legends.) wink

Oh, I absolutely enjoy those, especially the ones about Norse mythology. It's fascinating and there's pretty cool movies and books made as adaptions of religious texts. I just view it as a form of entertainment, though, like other works of fantasy and sic-fi.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
lottitheunicorn
Samuel Grant
lottitheunicorn

Oh, I absolutely enjoy those, especially the ones about Norse mythology. It's fascinating and there's pretty cool movies and books made as adaptions of religious texts. I just view it as a form of entertainment, though, like other works of fantasy and sic-fi.

i use myths and legends in my stories all the time. biggrin

tamtonica's Partner

Hygienic Bibliophile

8,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Samuel Grant
lottitheunicorn
Samuel Grant
lottitheunicorn

i use myths and legends in my stories all the time. biggrin

I read the title of this thread as 'Who is your daddy?' all the time rofl

Yeah, they are a big part of our culture and I respect people for truly believing in a god/multiple gods. As long as I don't have to share that belief sweatdrop
But myths and legends are so great, also to put in stories, because they've been subject to change. Someone somewhere came up with something and then it was just retold multiple times and became this completely different story and I think that's pretty cool.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Blackrose_The_Knight
I have a soft spot for Dionysus, ritual ecstasy and ecstatic dance but the Lord and Lady of Wicca are my deities.

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

I have a hard time believing that Blackrose, considering you've claimed, in the past, that you were initiated by a female not a male and attempted to speak for her.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn."

Indulgent Partner

Calelith
Blackrose_The_Knight
I have a soft spot for Dionysus, ritual ecstasy and ecstatic dance but the Lord and Lady of Wicca are my deities.

I have a hard time believing that Blackrose, considering you've claimed, in the past, that you were initiated by a female not a male and attempted to speak for her.

Actually Cale dear, I haven't been initiated - at all. Never claimed that I have been, like.. ever. If I did, I was dumb, mistaken, and ill informed at the time. I find your continued spread of misinformation of me, to be irritating at best, malicious at worst. So knock it off would ya. Continue to spread lies about me, and approach me in a confrontational and abusive manner, and I will consider them harassment and take appropriate action as per TOS of this site. You want to talk with me, sure lets, but respect me, and show it in your posts. I will not be talked down to, or patronized. I am not a child, and I will not be treated like one by you.

The most I have claimed is that I was flirting with the idea of being initiated, but that is on hold... see below for that one.

I was graciously invited to several, open to the public, events with a BTW coven I am friends of the HPS with. Still friends with the HPS, and I do work for her every once in a while because her body isn't what it once was, and I am able bodied and a good person and help her out around her house and with projects.

Through the open rits, and simply being her friend and casually discussing what she was able to while I did some stuff for her, I am finding BTW to be a smart fit again, from what very little experience I have with them.

You are highly, highly mistaken if you consider casual discussion of Wicca between people an "initiation". And of previous encounters, I wouldn't consider a basic, open to the public "Magic 101" lead by said HPS, to be "initiation" either - which is the ONLY thing you could be informed of. Ya, she was on here for all of a few days, forgot to cite her source and was pounced on by overzealous MR users.

Yes, its a linaged coven. Yes, I checked on AnJ. No, I am not telling you which because I trust you as far as I can throw my car. And honestly, you don't really NEED to know man. To my knowlage you are not a person in the uplinage, or an initiated BTW yourself. I could have easily said "buggar off" - but I won't, that isn't showing good will of genuine talk. To be clear, I am not initiated in any BTW coven, I have never been initiated into BTW coven, and I am not asking to be in the near future. However I am friends with a BTW HPS, friends with most of that covens initiates, and participate in open to the public events held by that coven. That is all I have ever been

I have a deep and ingrained issue with a member of the coven that I simply cannot resolve, even if I really, really, really want to ask to start my path. In fact this is what has lead me to look for other covens in the area - found one but I am a chicken s**t and haven't done anything about it. I guess I am hesitant because I would like to be in the coven I have "experience" with and am already friends with current initiated members with, but ya. Huh, should get off my a** about that. Thanks for the reminder on that Cale, its been a busy whirlwind of a few months.

But at the moment I am content at being a friend of a BTW HPS and shoot the s**t with her while I weed her garden or move her washer and dryer. As well as shoot the s**t and participate with open to the public events with initiated covenmates. They are good people, and good friends. But I have never claimed to be an initiate. So kindly stop spreading that lie, and come off it mate.
Indeterminacy/the unknown. I feel like that's the essence of theism.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Blackrose_The_Knight
Actually Cale dear, I haven't been initiated - at all. Never claimed that I have been, like.. ever.

What about when Daphne joined Gaia to create a new Wiccan FAQ, but instead plagiarized a FAQ and Esiris and yourself defended her, calling her your HPS?

Quote:
If I did, I was dumb, mistaken, and ill informed at the time. I find your continued spread of misinformation of me, to be irritating at best, malicious at worst.

Considering this is probably the first time I've quoted you in quite awhile, I cannot see how I'm spreading any misinformation about you or being malicious towards you in anyway. Hell, I only quoted you because I remembered that post you made several years ago in defense of a plagiarist.

Quote:
So knock it off would ya. Continue to spread lies about me, and approach me in a confrontational and abusive manner, and I will consider them harassment and take appropriate action as per TOS of this site. You want to talk with me, sure lets, but respect me, and show it in your posts. I will not be talked down to, or patronized. I am not a child, and I will not be treated like one by you.

Nothing I said was confrontational or abusive.

Blunt=/=what you think it does.

Quote:
The most I have claimed is that I was flirting with the idea of being initiated, but that is on hold... see below for that one.

I was graciously invited to several, open to the public, events with a BTW coven I am friends of the HPS with. Still friends with the HPS, and I do work for her every once in a while because her body isn't what it once was, and I am able bodied and a good person and help her out around her house and with projects.

Through the open rits, and simply being her friend and casually discussing what she was able to while I did some stuff for her, I am finding BTW to be a smart fit again, from what very little experience I have with them.

You are highly, highly mistaken if you consider casual discussion of Wicca between people an "initiation". And of previous encounters, I wouldn't consider a basic, open to the public "Magic 101" lead by said HPS, to be "initiation" either - which is the ONLY thing you could be informed of. Ya, she was on here for all of a few days, forgot to cite her source and was pounced on by overzealous MR users.

Yes, its a linaged coven. Yes, I checked on AnJ. No, I am not telling you which because I trust you as far as I can throw my car. But no, I am not initiated and I am not asking to be in the near future. Not with that coven anyway.

I have a deep and ingrained issue with a member of the coven that I simply cannot resolve, even if I really, really, really want to ask to start my path. In fact this is what has lead me to look for other covens in the area - found one but I am a chicken s**t and haven't done anything about it. I guess I am hesitant because I would like to be in the coven I have "experience" with, but ya.

But at the moment I am content at being a friend of a BTW HPS and shoot the s**t with her while I weed her garden or move her washer and dryer. And maybe do open to the public rits if that certain covenmate isn't showing up

So you're claiming you learned who the Lord and Lady are through open discussion with a HPS, who you won't state the name of or where the coven is located, even though said action is against the Ardanes? Or did I misread this portion of the post? If I did, I'm sorry.

It takes time to find a coven you, or they, work together with properly. Hell it took BTW Found at least a decade to find a coven he could connect with correctly.

Indulgent Partner

Calelith

What about when Daphne joined Gaia to create a new Wiccan FAQ, but instead plagiarized a FAQ and Esiris and yourself defended her, calling her your HPS?

Daphne was/is our HPS. That was her making an account here on gaia. God forbid a woman forget to cite a source. She didn't bother to continue, correct, or cite, because you just want to attack her, not actually, ya know, provide constructive criticism in a manner that is useful for conversation. Was it a ******** up, I think so - she totally should have cited and sourced. But consider I know her IRL, I get what she did, have read material she has thoroughly cited and sourced IRL, so I think it was a lapse in judgement. If you want to judge your one experience with her on that - go ahead its your life.

And that covenmate I have a problem with, is Esiris. I refuse to be in a coven with them. I don't have perfect love and perfect trust with them, and I don't want to work magic with them. Not with what has happened in the past few years. No ********' way man. I wash my hands of that weirdness.

Calelith
Considering this is probably the first time I've quoted you in quite awhile, I cannot see how I'm spreading any misinformation about you or being malicious towards you in anyway. Hell, I only quoted you because I remembered that post you made several years ago in defense of a plagiarist. Nothing I said was confrontational or abusive.

Blunt=/=what you think it does.

Dude, do you understand you come off as abrasive, and accusatory in most of your posts right? Being "blunt" in your manner, doesn't help you communicate with others. You aren't NICE to talk to because you come off as attacking. You might not think you are, but dude, you are. Now, you don't have to be nice to talk with and you can keep on keepin' on being "blunt" but just realize, how you post, is abrasive, and puts people on edge, and sometimes crosses into harassment territory. You haven't talked with me in a long while, but I observe your posts.

Plagiarist on your end, sure. She did, and then she abandoned the whole thing before correction because she found it not worth it to actually continue a discussion since it dissolved into a flame-fest. Again, you have no IRL experience with her, and haven't seen any other written works created by her (which are cited in MLA), so I can certainly say you are lacking with good data points on character judgement here. If you want to consider her a -gasp- plagiarist, sure, be my guest. In your very, very, limited interaction with her, she was a plagiarist. But just know you have had 1 interaction, while I have had dozens.

Calelith
So you're claiming you learned who the Lord and Lady are through open discussion with a HPS, who you won't state the name of or where the coven is located, even though said action is against the Ardanes? Or did I misread this portion of the post? If I did, I'm sorry.

It takes time to find a coven you, or they, work together with properly. Hell it took BTW Found at least a decade to found a coven he could connect with correctly.

See this, this is why I say you are abrasive and borderline harassing. You leap to an accusatory conclusion without asking questions. Bolded as example. You could have asked me for a clarifying statement right there, but instead you chose to attack me. Blunt is not a good way to deal with people and really not a good way to deal with me. I feel attacked. I don't feel this is a conversation but an inquisition. Change your tone Cale, its unhelpful to this conversation. And yes, you did misread. by a lot.

From what VERY LITTLE experience I have had with the coven, and the HPS, I feel drawn to this style of worship. I can say I have had a very minor glimpse of what could happen in a coven and a possible (maybe, might have been?!) experience with The Lord and Lady of Wicca. Its a personal thing, that happened in circle, if that experience was what I think it was, well I want to worship these deities more. I would rather not discuss my personal spiritual revelations in public, I hope you can understand that. Hell, I have barely sorted out what that whole thing meant to me, I doubt I could put words to the experience to even explain properly.

And no, there was no direct talk of the Lord and Lady, but as one can gain an idea of what something is about by witnessing, observing, and listening, I did and do just the same when I talk with people in the coven and the HPS. No oaths were broken. Just casual, unoathbound discussion while weeding a garden, or walking a dog.

Edit: You may want to check out my first replay to you, I did a ******** of clarifying in an edit, it seems you quoted me before I edited it all.

Edit 2.0: I don't HAVE to tell you my coven, and I am not going to. You don't NEED to know. I find it sad you can't trust a person to navigate AnJ and get my own vouches. I have no reason to share my location with you, and furthermore, I have people on this site who have sent be rape and death threats, I am not at all disclosing my location on this website in public. No ******** way.

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Blackrose_The_Knight

Can you explain how you claim the Lord and Lady of Wicca when you are not of the Wica, have not been introduced to them nor know their names?
I actually find it mildly offensive for you to claim the Gods of the Wica to be yours when you are not an initiate nor privy to their identities or their mysteries. But I'll let that and bygones slide for now because there is potential room for further, reconcilable explanation.
Have you perhaps relied on third parties identifying your upg?

Indulgent Partner

scorplett
Blackrose_The_Knight

Can you explain how you claim the Lord and Lady of Wicca when you are not of the Wica, have not been introduced to them nor know their names?
I actually find it mildly offensive for you to claim the Gods of the Wica to be yours when you are not an initiate nor privy to their identities or their mysteries. But I'll let that and bygones slide for now because there is potential room for further, reconcilable explanation.
Oh look, Cale brought the whole troupe. Ello Scorplett

Short answer. I am not explaining it to you, nor do I have to. I had a personal experience in a open circle hosted by a BTW coven that I have grown close with. I consider that very personal experience transformative in nature, and a maybe possible glimpse of the divine. I dunno yet if it was or not, but as I feel at the moment in my life, I had a personal experience with the Lord and Lady, moreso with the Lady and that experience has driven me to find a coven I am more comfortable with. Something happened that day, and until I am given another label to that something, that is what I am sticking with. That is all the explanation I am giving. Take it or leave it. I personally find it invasive, offensive, and beyond rude that I have to "justify" my personal religious experiences to strangers on the internet, and be hounded for any answer I give. Is there a right answer? Is there a wrong answer? Does it matter?

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Blackrose_The_Knight
scorplett
Blackrose_The_Knight

Oh look, Cale brought the whole troupe. Ello Scorplett

You know that tone you were just reprimanding Cal for? Yeah, that. Right there. I wasn't alterted to this thread by Cal. I was told about it by my Husband.

Blackrose_The_Knight

Short answer. I am not explaining it to you, nor do I have to.

No, you don't That's why I said "Can you" and ended with a question mark. Thats fine.

Blackrose_The_Knight

I had a personal experience in a open circle hosted by a BTW coven that I have grown close with. I consider that very personal experience transformative in nature, and a maybe possible glimpse of the divine. I dunno yet if it was or not, but as I feel at the moment in my life, I had a personal experience with the Lord and Lady, moreso with the Lady and that experience has driven me to find a coven I am more comfortable with. Something happened that day, and until I am given another label to that something, that is what I am sticking with. That is all the explanation I am giving. Take it or leave it.

That sounds like a profound experience to be sure. Thank you for sharing it. I can see that it has been calling of sorts and glad it has given you direction and drive to find 'home'. Just as well your in an area (or at least the HPS you've been working with's area) has a good number of legitimate and healthy covens operating. I would suggest using more than merely A&J or the NWC for vouches. You can find out a heck of a lot about a group or an individual when you go to individuals and offlist/backchannel.

Blackrose_The_Knight

I personally find it invasive, offensive, and beyond rude that I have to "justify" my personal religious experiences to strangers on the internet,

If you find it invasive, offensive and rude, then fine, but consider your very matter of fact wording about deities that I serve and protect as an experiences HPS and elder of Wicca. Such a bold statement will grate with many initiates when it comes in the format it has and from a seeker.

Blackrose_The_Knight
and be hounded for any answer I give.

I've not hounded you for anything. You made a brash statement that I queried, that's all. I even did so with concession due to the possibility that you are being genuine and that the tone, both from you and others, is all a reactionary thing.

Blackrose_The_Knight
Is there a right answer?
No.
Blackrose_The_Knight
Is there a wrong answer?
Heck yes!
Blackrose_The_Knight
Does it matter?
Absolutely, and I hope that some day, if Wicca is home, that you initiate and come know just how much it matters.

Indulgent Partner

scorplett

You know that tone you were just reprimanding Cal for? Yeah, that. Right there. I wasn't alterted to this thread by Cal. I was told about it by my Husband.

No, you don't That's why I said "Can you" and ended with a question mark. Thats fine

That sounds like a profound experience to be sure. Thank you for sharing it. I can see that it has been calling of sorts and glad it has given you direction and drive to find 'home'. Just as well your in an area (or at least the HPS you've been working with's area) has a good number of legitimate and healthy covens operating. I would suggest using more than merely A&J or the NWC for vouches. You can find out a heck of a lot about a group or an individual when you go to individuals and offlist/backchannel.

If you find it invasive, offensive and rude, then fine, but consider your very matter of fact wording about deities that I serve and protect as an experiences HPS and elder of Wicca. Such a bold statement will grate with many initiates when it comes in the format it has and from a seeker.

I apologize, consider that tone exasperated, if not tired.

Ya know on your profile where it states you got fed up with being attacked and belittled? I want you to think for a moment how this looks on my end. Two people, two adamantly "blunt" and sometimes "cold in word" people, who I have had previous negative experiences with, are questioning something VERY personal, and VERY important to me. Step in my shoes for a moment if you could and practice some empathy. Both of you are "on my my case" and one person questioning me is fine, you and Cale, more than enough. Just evaluate for a second how I am perceiving you. I feel attacked an belittled, more belittled by Cale than by you tho if we are keeping a "score". You didn't like that feeling, I don't either.

I don't NEED to verify through other channels Scorplett, I mean thanks for the concern, but its borderline concern trolling at this point. I have gone through channels, I have my vouches, I don't NEED to tell you them. I live with an initiated covenmate, who has done her own research, vouching, and backchannels. I am satisfied that my own research that I am associating with a bonafid BTW coven, and not some spooky sham coven or what have you. I am good. Really I am. If you aren't satisfied that is your problem to wrangle with and not mine. I have almost found "home" as it were.

Given my said negative interaction with you, I am not sharing that personal coven information with you. I don't feel safe doing it. I just don't. I don't like how you handle yourself online. I simply don't feel safe, welcome, or okay, giving out that information to you. I don't trust you, and honestly, unless we were to meet face to face, I will never trust you enough with that information. I am slow to trust and fast to throw up walls. Its how I am.

Thank you for at least acknowledging my experience. It was very startling, and made me think for a long while on what happened. Its taken about a year of contemplation, talking, and reading to even come to the conclusion what I experienced may, just maybe may be the Lord and Lady. I am solid enough to say with a maybe in that sentence and no more. If not, consider my orginal post future tense when I find them.

I understand very well its bold, but I am not the meek and timid type. I never have been. When I feel, it isn't half assed, when I experience, it in "full technicolor". When I state something that bold, I mean it and have a profound experience or two to back it up in tandem with thought and research. I don't fire half cocked.

I get WHY you are confronting me, but I think you can do a better job of being more uh "less scary" (shitty word choice and I am stuck on finding another) in doing so. You come on hard, fast, and are as abrasive as Cale. I think there are ways you can modify your speech which will greatly effect your presence with me. The way you two feed off one another is scary, intimidating, abrasive, accusatory, and just makes me feel like I am being crucified instead of a curious conversation from an elder. Ya know?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff