Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey guys.

I'm back from Disneyland, all had a wonderful time and im actually feeling positive this christmas. Usually I get upset about the passing of my family members, and the disownment of others, but im feeling good this year.

Imogen is now 1. It saddens me. Pheobe will be 8 a week on Wednesday, which is making me feel old!

Ive got some work come up too. I thought id given up modelling but this is for good causes. I'm doing a campaign about danger the media and beauty industry has on young girls, and my girls get to be part of the shoot! and im also doing some other modeling and singing work with all the profits going to a few charities.

Been rethinking about my degree choice. Since the government is hell bent on screwing over the public sector so much, leading to the biggest strike in 30 years. I wonder if I do actually want to go into teaching. Ive been thinking about doing Sociology instead, but I dunno if its worthwhile. Need a serious think >.<

And finally, Adam's mother moved in with us today. She seems happier to be here than she was in the home. Ive been sat in her room with her for an hour, listening to her ramble on about things that don't make sense or link well together. It makes me happy, in a strange way...

@Pink - I hope Jeffery's surgery goes well, is this going to be his last one? Congrats on the promotion/pay rise too.

@Lena - Its a cool website.

Ive been thinking about setting up a blog. Mainly so I don't fill this place with utter s**t and stuff I get pent up about, like Adam's mother, we'll see. I am probably gunna drop this account very soon, and when I come back it'll be under a new name. I still have my email which I check all the time because uni spams it, anyone who doesn't have my email can PM me for it (:
@ Pink: Congrats on things going so well at work! I hope Jeffrey's surgery goes well too... I hope you'll keep us posted!

@ Ciara: Glad you're feeling well, hun! Definitely start a blog. It's a great way to sort out your thoughts and get things off your mind. It's a proven fact that writing things down helps you get your feelings out of your brain, so do it!

Sorry I haven't been here for awhile, I've been sick. About a week ago, I woke up to part of my mouth on one side all swollen, and down my throat. It got worse and worse in the days that followed, and I finally went to the doctor a couple days ago. She said it was an infection from an abscessed tooth, and I had to go to the dentist. I've been dreading that, because I don't have any dental coverage whatsoever, and dentists are so expensive. She put me on antibiotics. I went to the dentist yesterday (a $144 appointment, just to get an X-ray and have it looked at). I have an appointment Monday to get my bottom right wisdom tooth pulled out, IF the antibiotics do their job. The already-swollen parts of my mouth are feeling less so, but the infection has spread to the entirety of my mouth and my lips. I can't talk properly and I haven't been able to eat real food for days - I've definitely lost weight. The dentist put me on a supposedly better antibiotic, and T3s, which will help with the pain and the swelling. I'm trying to eat chips right now, cause I'm craving more than just smoothies and ice cream, and it's pretty slow-going. I had to miss out on seeing Aden this week AND work yesterday cause I feel so yucky.

On a better note, PRINCE IS TONIGHT!! I'm staying home all day until then and trying to keep my energy up cause I am NOT missing it, and I am NOT going home early. This is basically the only thing I've ever HAD to do in my life, and I get to do it! Tyler is not nearly as excited as I am, but I've been practically squealing all morning! biggrin
I'm about to get full custody of my son and am looking for a daycare that is a school and that can potty train my son and I'm having a bit of trouble finding one to match my work hours... it would be encouraging to know if any of you have found daycares open till about 8pm or latter... I know there are 24hr daycares but I really want him to learn as well... My hours are from 11am-(8-9pm) and occasionally 6pm-4am
Never heard of anything like that around here, Fanny, sorry. Do you have any friends or family that could help you out? That's usually who I've gone to first for child care needs.
@Kayla - I think I will when I have more time. Funny, when you have stuff to write about in your life, you're too busy to create somewhere to put it.

@Fanny - Are you in the UK? If you're not, I can't really help you. Ive never heard of a daycare open 24 hours.
PetitChat
Never heard of anything like that around here, Fanny, sorry. Do you have any friends or family that could help you out? That's usually who I've gone to first for child care needs.

Nope, I moved away from my family when I was with my ex and my ex-in-laws are not physically capable to help out and my ex-sister-in-law is moving over an hour away so I'm on my own. But I'm hoping I'll find somewhere, otherwise I'll have to send my son to daycare to get an education, work nights instead of day and put him in a 24hr daycare after daycare so I can work the night since I can't leave the day shift and come back.
@ Ciara: I haven't blogged since I first started dating Tyler... and obviously a LOT has happened since. I might get around to updating it one of these days... might. Haha

@ Fanny: Kids do still get a sense of education in daycare, up to a certain point, if that's what you're worried about. Being around other kids develops their social skills, and playing with toys in general can be an educational experience. Just to put a positive spin on it. smile
Yeah I see what you mean. For me at the moment its all christmas, Rio's dad, Adam's mother, university coursework, student finance, university bursary and Imogen teething. Thats not even the half of it, so definantly not a good time to start a blog now.
@ Ciara: I did a quick update on mine yesterday... think I'll go do a better one right now.

Prince last night was AMAZING. Best night of my life, hands down. smile
Hello!! I wanted to introduce myself, I think this theard is great support system especially on gaia. OtakuCutie, I'm the mother of a very cute soon to be 11month old son (he'll turn on 16) when i was pregnant his dad support me and everything but as soon as the baby came and i went back to work, he would stay with him in the mornings. He didn't find it so fun anymore rather then working on it, he would take his frustration out on me and of course there's alot more to everything so me and my son left and moved back with family who is allowing me to stay with my son for a couple of years (until he starts talking) that way i could safely put him into daycare...I love being a mother but i cant help but feel useless since i can't provide him with the things i want to give him. Rather relying on my family is getting annoying since i feel i have to follow everything they say as well raising my son.

But all and all I'm good staying positive and Keeping Mr. James happy.
OtakuCutie
Hello!! I wanted to introduce myself, I think this theard is great support system especially on gaia. OtakuCutie, I'm the mother of a very cute soon to be 11month old son (he'll turn on 16) when i was pregnant his dad support me and everything but as soon as the baby came and i went back to work, he would stay with him in the mornings. He didn't find it so fun anymore rather then working on it, he would take his frustration out on me and of course there's alot more to everything so me and my son left and moved back with family who is allowing me to stay with my son for a couple of years (until he starts talking) that way i could safely put him into daycare...I love being a mother but i cant help but feel useless since i can't provide him with the things i want to give him. Rather relying on my family is getting annoying since i feel i have to follow everything they say as well raising my son.

But all and all I'm good staying positive and Keeping Mr. James happy.

Welcome to the thread, Otaku!

We all have feelings of guilt, and feeling useless - I think feelings like that prove that we care and are loving mothers, though, so you are doing nothing wrong. You obviously care for your son a lot. I feel useless on a regular basis, knowing that my son's dad can afford nice things for him, can afford to take him places, can afford luxuries... and I can afford nothing more than good food and some Christmas presents. I sometimes feel guilty for not being able to provide him with things that are non-essentials... but in the end, that's exactly what they are: non-essentials. I provide my son with things he needs: food, shelter (when he's here) and obviously unconditional love. I know that right now, that's the best I can do, and I know he doesn't love me any less for not being able to give him extras. You sometimes have to remind yourself that that is the way things are, but trust me, it helps. smile
Who's excited for Christmas?!

Not really sure if I am... I think once I'm finally done this 9-day stretch of work on Friday I'll be more excited. My last work day is on the 23rd, and I don't work again until the 28th... it'll be such a relief to have those days off!
I am! Pheobe's birthday is tomorrow too, my little girl is not so little anymore ):

I had my meeting with Rio's 'dad' today... no comment on that to be honest. Just glad its over.
Also got something to help Imogen sleep, shes cutting three teeth at once. She wasn't in pain till she fell over and hit her face the other day, and hasn't really stopped crying since then. But hooray, my baby can sleep again!
Adam just recovered from food poisioning too!

So yes, Christmas here I come!
That's exciting! Sad that Pheobe is getting so big... but exciting too!

Aden's dad is pulling his same old s**t. This weekend is my scheduled weekend, and it just so happens that it's Christmas too. Out of the blue he decided to throw a fit. I'm picking Aden up Saturday, Christmas Eve, and bringing him home after my parents' dinner Sunday. Out of the blue, his dad says "can you pick him up early Saturday and drop him off Sunday morning?" Uh, no, it won't be any different than any other weekend I have him. "Can you pick him up Sunday morning then and drop him off Monday?" Uh, no, Santa is coming here, and he already has all his gifts ready. "How is it fair that Aden doesn't get to spend Christmas with both his parents?" He can't wrap his head around how things HAVE to be when parents are split up. Aden will see his dad CHristmas eve and as soon as dinner is done at my parents' house. It's not like Christmas is over the minute christmas morning is done! I'm so pissed at him. So now he wants us to drive an extra 20 minutes (on top of our 35 minute drive) to pick Aden up at his dad's girlfriend's sister's house on Saturday. :/
I kind of fell off the face of the earth for a while, sorry about that, guys!

@Ciara: Oh my! Geezus, time really goes by fast, doesn't it? I hate how fast they grow! It's ridiculous. xD

@PetitChat: I'm actually not excited for Christmas at all. Rex finally met her "father" for the first time, and I had a blast, it was great. But... I'm thinking he's trying to manipulate me. In the sense that, he wants me to think he's the only one of earth that cares for him, and he may or may not hurt me or Rhonda if we ever decide to leave. So, this means I'll spend Christmas talking with a police officer, talking with my old therapist, and possibly worrying about what her father will say when I break it to him that I want to break contact... I'll also probably need to look into the custody laws of my state. Which sucks. I don't want to have a lot of thinking stuff going on during Christmas. :/

And that's not fair at all what Aden's dad is doing. I wish I knew what to suggest, or say, but honestly I don't have anything. I hope it works out for the best, though.

And welcome to the thread, Otaku!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces