Welcome to Gaia! ::

The whole nephew/uncle thing is what gets me. Ofcourse my brother, for a while, insisted of being called Uncle Brooklyn by my kids. Even at school (he is in the same class as Amerie and Rio to make things even wierder!)

I hope you get this job.

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
Ciara Bunny
yertle
Hello. <3
Hi, welcome to the thread (:

I think this is a great thread. I am a single parent of a beautiful 2 year old girl. I have a full time job. I go to school full time and I take care of my daughter by myself. It's a lot of work.
yertle
Ciara Bunny
yertle
Hello. <3
Hi, welcome to the thread (:

I think this is a great thread. I am a single parent of a beautiful 2 year old girl. I have a full time job. I go to school full time and I take care of my daughter by myself. It's a lot of work.

I know where you are coming from, when I was a single parent I was in full time work and full time school too, except I had three kids lol. The hardwork pays off though.
@ Ciara: That's awesome. I have an aunt who is two weeks older than I am... I always called her "Auntie Meggy", though we never grew up in the same town. I would've liked that though!

@ Yertle: Sounds like you're a great example of a single mom. Good job!
@Petit - They hated it, eventually it stopped. I like wierd families though (:
Me too. Ha ha I love every part of my family, and we're all over the place!
Well I don't know the majority of my family. They disowned my mother for being pregnant with me, except for my nan. Anyone outside my own siblings, my nan, mum and dad I don't know. It annoys me a little bit, especially with my wedding coming up, and id like to find them and get to know them, but I feel because they basicly ditched me, I was the problem, they should make contact with me if they wish to know me.
But I love what I do have. I have Adam's family, and they are pretty awesome.

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
@ ciarra: o.o;; How did you manage with three kids?? That is so much work. Just one makes me exausted. smile

@Petit: Hey but it's worth it. I wouldn't give up my daughter for anything.

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh. And this is my baby. <3
@yurtle - I don't know really, you don't think too much about it at the time, you just kind of have to get on with it. I think its one of those situations you don't realise that you worked that hard, until you find someone else or your situation gets easier.

Aww shes cute <3
@ Ciara: It sucks when family does that. They're family... they shouldn't judge like that. I'm only close with most of my family because of facebook... most of them I haven't seen in years! I wish Aden could get to know them too, though.

@ Yertle: I wish I could be doing the same thing, no matter how exhausting.

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
Ciara Bunny
@yurtle - I don't know really, you don't think too much about it at the time, you just kind of have to get on with it. I think its one of those situations you don't realise that you worked that hard, until you find someone else or your situation gets easier.

Aww shes cute <3

Hehe... People tell me that they don't know how I do it.. It's funny because it seems so natural for me now. I've been separated from her father for about a year now.
@Petit - I know, right. Reminds me of the story about the man with Treacher Collins Syndrome. His parents gave him up because of how he looked, and then when he was older he asked to have contact so he could show how normal he was in everything but his face, and what hes accomplished in life, but they refused.
It only annoys me because of the wedding. Of my 'family' attending that don't live with me, I have my step dad, and step mum, and thats it. I just think they should all be there. Im not angry because they didn't want to know me, its just ive never had a wedding surrounded by my family and id like one.

@yertle - It does become natural with time, I was only a single parent with three kids for about 6 months before I became involved with my now fiance, so I guess you have more expierence than me, lol.

8,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
Ciara Bunny
@Petit - I know, right. Reminds me of the story about the man with Treacher Collins Syndrome. His parents gave him up because of how he looked, and then when he was older he asked to have contact so he could show how normal he was in everything but his face, and what hes accomplished in life, but they refused.
It only annoys me because of the wedding. Of my 'family' attending that don't live with me, I have my step dad, and step mum, and thats it. I just think they should all be there. Im not angry because they didn't want to know me, its just ive never had a wedding surrounded by my family and id like one.

@yertle - It does become natural with time, I was only a single parent with three kids for about 6 months before I became involved with my now fiance, so I guess you have more expierence than me, lol.

I dunno... but life has gotten easier.. I'm not waiting for his help anymore... For instance today he was supposed to watch his daughter and at the last minute he changed his mind. Because he's done this before I am prepared with another baby sitter at all time. at first it was a hassle and I almost lost my job because of it.
@ Ciara: That makes sense. I'd want everyone in my family there if I ever get married, even the ones I just "see" on fb.

Well the people from the diversion thing are coming today. I cleaned the house yesterday - it wasn't that messy, I just had to tidy up and vaccuum and get some dishes out of the way - and then on his way out the door this morning, Richard says "clean this place up, it's a mess." Uh... what?! The only room that's left messy is HIS room, and if he thinks I'm going to clean that, he's very much mistaken. He's hardly ever an a*****e like that lately... and I know he didn't mean it to be mean... but it REALLY pisses me off when my efforts go unnoticed. That was my biggest problem with Aden's dad - he never thanked me when I did get things done around the house, and he didn't notice. Richard's usually good about that kind of thing... he thanks me for getting dishes and laundry done, and always says thank you when I make dinner... but when my cleaning isn't appreciated.. it bugs me.
But, I guess it's good if I'm in a bad mood today... then they'll actually see that I do need the help. Usually when I've been presented with someone who might help me with counselling and stuff, I don't come off as depressed and they think I'm fine.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff