Welcome to Gaia! ::

Haha, No I don't have to jet, I talked to her teacher and we rescheduled for later this afternoon. (Science wasn't quite finished-Best Subject Evah!)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ah, must of read it wrong. Lol.
I think my favorite subject in school
was Government. I had a blast in that
class. I just wish I would've been able to
take it during this past presidential election.

-- My Bloody Miley --
Single Parents, click here. (:
So far I've only picked up educational toys and gifts for Keiara, including a cute little wooden clock where the numbers are removable blocks. Gonna work on counting AND telling time, all at the same time. Not something most three year olds can handle, but this little monster is quick as a whip, so I need something to stimulate her mind. Also got her some placemats she can write on, ABC's and 1-2-3's. If she wants to learn, who am I to stop her?

As far as who's gonna pop first, it's still too early to say. I've already had one 'early' birth, Keiara came 4 days before her due date of September 3rd, and from what I've heard from friends with multiple kids, #2 was always a week or so early. Hopefully this one's a boy... I don't know if I could handle two girls, and I'm certainly not going to risk three if I don't get a boy this time arround. Ken, my boyfriend, is one of 4 boys because his mom wanted a girl so bad. Now she's got three granddaughters between Ken and I and his eldest brother Dan's two girls.
My Bloody Miley
No 44 Lucifer Morningstar
I feel obligated to ask; but is it normal to want to be a single father?

I don't know that it's normal. But there are some fathers out there,
that given their predicament and situation, they may think it's better
for the child for them to raise the child without the help of the mother.
You shouldn't feel bad for feeling that way though. Even though I feel as
if children need both the mother and father in their life, if you feel different,
it's nothing you should feel stupid or wrong for.

-- My Bloody Miley --

It's not that I feel stupid or wrong. It's just that nearly everyone I know thinks I shouldn't become a single parent and should have a partner if I'm going to have children. The only problem I ever saw was making sure the woman didn't keep custody of them.

Lady;; Yeah, it's definitely too early to say just yet.
My daughter was born exactly a month early, so I'm
hoping that I won't be one of the mothers that their second
one comes earlier then that first. I'm working with potty training
with Autumn. She's gone a couple times, which is a start, but she's
not really showing much interest in it, so I don't want to push her to do it.
I want to get her some educational toys as well as some things that
she wants. She seems to think she needs EVERY toy she see. Lol.
I think most kids go through that though.

No 44;; Hmm. Only thing I can think of is finding a surrogate mother.
If you're that adamant about being a single father. It's not likely that you'll
find someone that'll be up for getting pregnant and not wanting anything to
do with it, unless they are a surrogate. Although, it may be hard to go through
that process without a mother being present since usually the people who go to
surrogates are people who are having difficulty getting pregnant.

-- My Bloody Miley --
It's not that I feel stupid or wrong. It's just that nearly everyone I know thinks I shouldn't become a single parent and should have a partner if I'm going to have children. The only problem I ever saw was making sure the woman didn't keep custody of them.

I'd think in a situation like that, if you're truely comitted to raising a child on your own, look into addoption. For children with no one who wants them, one parent has to be better then the foster care system. of course, you'll have to prove you're a fit parent, able to support a child on your sallary, and all that jazz, but you won't have to worry about a custody battle.
LadyKaeleer

I'd think in a situation like that, if you're truely comitted to raising a child on your own, look into addoption. For children with no one who wants them, one parent has to be better then the foster care system. of course, you'll have to prove you're a fit parent, able to support a child on your sallary, and all that jazz, but you won't have to worry about a custody battle.

I didn't even think of adoption. I was thinking of possible ways
the child could be his biologically. But adoption would work too.

-- My Bloody Miley --
My Bloody Miley

-- My Bloody Miley --

I know it seems like it will be hard process, but it's truly what I want. I've never planned on marriage or long-term relationships; nor do I want to ever be involved with these. However I've always wanted to have my own kids, which has always raised a problem.
LadyKaeleer
I've always thought about adoption, but I would rather have my own biological children. I guess for me it's more of a "If all else fails" option, that along with giving up the whole idea and actually getting married or a long-term relationship.
Science, it combines math, writing, art, sometimes physical education, and so much more, it's the Super-Subject!
@ No 44, some people are just like that. It's harder to be a guy in a situation like that I think, but like I said, not really abnormal. There are some people who'd feel that was right for them, but unless you are very stable, secure (emotionally, fiscally, mentally, etc.), and have a plan, it tends to be very overwhelming for many.
My Bloody Miley

-- My Bloody Miley --

I know it seems like it will be hard process, but it's truly what I want. I've never planned on marriage or long-term relationships; nor do I want to ever be involved with these. However I've always wanted to have my own kids, which has always raised a problem.

If you're as dedicated as you sound, then go for it.
You sound like you really want to be a single father,
and as long as you have faith in yourself, and have everything
to back yourself up when going through the process you should be fine.
If you ever do reach going through this, I'd like to wish you the best
of luck with this whole process!!

-- My Bloody Miley --
The problem with surrogates is they are expensive. Prior to getting pregnant I looked into donating just my eggs, and there are places willing to pay $10,000 per unfertalized egg, so just imagine what a woman who's giving up her bodily rights is going to be compensated.

Miley: Keiara's now about three and a half and just got the hang of the whole potty training thing. We'd been trying to peek her interest in it for almost a year before it clicked in her head to go sit down before she went in her diaper. Now we're wearing big girl panties and haven't had but a single incident where she thought she farted and it was a bit more.
LadyKaeleer
The problem with surrogates is they are expensive. Prior to getting pregnant I looked into donating just my eggs, and there are places willing to pay $10,000 per unfertalized egg, so just imagine what a woman who's giving up her bodily rights is going to be compensated.

Miley: Keiara's now about three and a half and just got the hang of the whole potty training thing. We'd been trying to peek her interest in it for almost a year before it clicked in her head to go sit down before she went in her diaper. Now we're wearing big girl panties and haven't had but a single incident where she thought she farted and it was a bit more.

Yeah. There was a time when I wanted to be a surrogate mother.
I just don't think I'd be able to not get connected to the child and
give it to the parents. It may be easier when it's not your child
that you're pregnant with. I don't know.

Awe. My little girl is 25 months. So we're just started the process.
She's gone in the potty a couple times. I don't want her to feel like
she's being forced into something. Especially if she's not ready.

-- My Bloody Miley --
Well in the next 5 years I might change my mind, or fall in love. Who knows? Life is full of surprises and mystery, that's what makes it worth living.
My Bloody Miley
LadyKaeleer

Yeah. There was a time when I wanted to be a surrogate mother.
I just don't think I'd be able to not get connected to the child and
give it to the parents. It may be easier when it's not your child
that you're pregnant with. I don't know.

Awe. My little girl is 25 months. So we're just started the process.
She's gone in the potty a couple times. I don't want her to feel like
she's being forced into something. Especially if she's not ready.

-- My Bloody Miley --

Some kids aren't ready until they're 5 years, patience, is the key...that and understanding. We had help in the form of an older cousin of theirs that they admired wanted to use the potty and that piqued their interest in it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff